Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

How did today's FP people do? Anyone else's day tomorrow like mine?

I got everything I wanted when I wanted it except for FEA, there were times available at night on our EP days but they don't fit. I'll keep an eye out for a FP but I like the way my touring plan laid out so much I'll probably just do it standby near close on Mon. or RD it on Wed., probably both.

Availability was OK later in the week, morning/early afternoon times were drying up for popular attractions in Nov., was watching it happen while I was booking.

GL

Super excited. With some modifying after the fact I got all my FPP pretty much exactly when I wanted. Even got FEA for our first night! Now that my plans are solidifying I have the following ADRs all for 4 people to let go:

Sunday 11/27 Akershus 6:45PM
Monday 11/28 Disney Junior Play 'n Dine Breakfast 8:40AM
Tuesday 11/29 BOG 9:10AM
Tuesday 11/29 Teppan Edo 6:20PM
Wednesday 11/30 Garden Grill 8:25AM
Wednesday 11/30 Garden Grill 1:00PM
Wednesday 11/30 Garden Grill 2:00PM
Thursday 12/1 Tusker House 5:55PM
Friday 12/2 Yak & Yeti 4:15PM
Saturday 12/3 Teppan Edo 6:30PM

Ug so many good ADRs but they don't fit in my schedule! :p

For everyone worried about FPs and availability, the only question is FEA I think. I did get 2 FEA FPs. One on our 3rd park day and one on our 7th/last day. If one ends up being enough, then I'll change the other to Soarin (during our trip). But with FEA being so popular and possibly broken down, I figured 2 were safer. First availability on our 3rd day was at 4:20pm. The earlier slots were all gone. But there were a good bit of times through the evening. For our 7th day, availability was much better, but we did want a late time so I think we got a 6:30pm then.

I did not get any 7DMT FPs. This is only because I was looking for a very specific time slot (5:30-6:30) before the MVMCP, since you have to squeeze 3 FPs in before 6:30. It just wasn't available, only pre-4pm FP times were available. We are doing EMM, so we'll get to ride it a few times anyway. I do want to ride it at night once, but we'll just wait until really late one night probably.

Definitely grab what is closest to your time at first, then go back through and modify each one that you want to try for a better time. I was able to get almost all of my exact target times by modifying, but those times weren't visable at the original first pick. Even when I went to view all times for the ride.

Me too!! I even poked around on the universal site a while back and was hoping that would get me an email with the deal. Nope.

Last night I priced out cancelling our RO on Friday and staying at cabana bay with park to park tickets. $750 for a night with all that. Yikes. One day! Or next trip, since it likely won't be a year later like this one is haha
For a little more than $1000, I got 3 nights hotel (with EP at RPR) plus tickets for 2 adults (upgrading 1 to seasonal AP for the hotel rate). I think it becomes more worth it for more days :) Try it next time ;)

Okay, I think these are the FPs I need (though I'm sure there will be others). What should my priorities be?

Tues 11/29: Peter Pan 11am-ish, 7DMT noon-ish, Jungle Cruise 2pm-ish
Wed 11/30: EE 10am-ish, FotLK noon-ish
Thurs 12/1: ToT and TSMM, no particular times
Fri 12/2: Test Track 2pm-ish (for dad), Soarin 2pm-ish (for me)
Sat 12/3: ???

Okay, I think these are the FPs I need (though I'm sure there will be others). What should my priorities be?

I'd say do MK first, with 7DMT being your first goal, then PP, then JC. Then I'd do your EP since you have time goals. Then HS. Finally AK. AK was the easiest for me and it was my first park day. The only thing that wasn't available in AK was early morning safari FPs. I think they were available starting around noon throughout the rest of the day.

For the 29th, showing 12:15 as the earliest for Peter Pan and 7DMT is sold out (as is BTMRR and Space Mountain). Jungle cruise is wide open (as would be expected).

For the 29th, showing 12:15 as the earliest for Peter Pan and 7DMT is sold out (as is BTMRR and Space Mountain). Jungle cruise is wide open (as would be expected).

Thugs must still be changing - I just tried to modify my SDMT On the 29th to see what was available and it shows some afternoon times for sure. This is for a party of 3.

Attachments

• IMG_8760.PNG
    IMG_8760.PNG
    238.9 KB · Views: 6
I think it was probably the lockout for FPs Scott already had that caused the confusion, still seeing availability on those rides but it is all at dinner and later.

Here's the FP availability for 11/29 for 2 people (that's all I can look for) on 11/29 right now. Hope this helps!

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Le sigh. Will just have to keep checking! Goodness, it's like ADRs again except this time I actually need in-demand things! Honestly I would say to heck with it and rework my whole schedule for the day, but we're spending the morning touring with BFF and her family so we all need to be doing certain things at the same time. And of course this also has me worried that it's going to be insanely crowded...

Here's the FP availability for 11/29 for 2 people (that's all I can look for) on 11/29 right now. Hope this helps!

Makes me optimistic (we're only 2 so even moreso)! I'd be okay with having to move one of them to later if I could just get the other! Fingers crossed!

One thing you can do is use a "break" for certain things and that will keep them at the exact time. I had to do that for the Wild Africa Trek in AK and also in MK when I want to arrive early to get a good fireworks spot I also utilized breaks right before the fireworks time. Then it will at least flag you if you are getting to your breaks later than you should be and you need to make adjustments.

I've done that for several things, it's just too much work! I just don't understand how you can choose times for certain things, but not others?

Le sigh. Will just have to keep checking! Goodness, it's like ADRs again except this time I actually need in-demand things! Honestly I would say to heck with it and rework my whole schedule for the day, but we're spending the morning touring with BFF and her family so we all need to be doing certain things at the same time. And of course this also has me worried that it's going to be insanely crowded...

Makes me optimistic (we're only 2 so even moreso)! I'd be okay with having to move one of them to later if I could just get the other! Fingers crossed!

Is your FP day tomorrow?

I've done that for several things, it's just too much work! I just don't understand how you can choose times for certain things, but not others?

I gave up completely with the Optimize button and just reorganized things until it did what I wanted with regards to showtimes. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter