• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week after Thanksgiving - what day MK?

ttfn3

DIS Veteran
It's my first trip to Disney World for the week after Thanksgiving - and I'm not sure which day to plan to go to the Magic Kingdom next week. I'm looking for the best day to open the park. Traditionally, I have avoided Mondays. I love being there at rope drop. For those of you that have actually been to the park that week, what's the best day? I am staying at the BWV - so I'll be onsite. Thanks, in advance!!

We are going for the first time that durring that week as well and are also staying at the BWV! We are heading to MK that Monday since they have longer hours that day.

Tues 27 and Thurs 29 MK closes early at 7pm for mvmcp so keep that in mind

We're going this Sunday and I noticed that about Tues and Thurs and while we wouldn't be able to see Wishes I kinda wonder if the morning and mid-day crowds will be super light due to the early closing time. We'll give it a shot Tues and if it's crowded when we get there we'll just hope on the monorail for Epcot.

I'm a touringplans.com subscriber and according to them- the MK has the following crowd ratings out of 10 the week after Thanksgiving: Sat. 11/24 - 8.8, Sun. 11/25- 3.1 (best- MVMCP), Mon. 11/26- 4.6 (they say to avoid this day), Tue. 11/27- 1.1 (best), Wed. 11/28- 2.6 (best), Thu. 11/29- 1.1, Fri. 11/30- 2.6, Sat. 12/1- 8.9 (avoid- Christmas Day parade taping). Hope this helps!

bmags66 said:
I'm a touringplans.com subscriber and according to them- the MK has the following crowd ratings out of 10 the week after Thanksgiving: Sat. 11/24 - 8.8, Sun. 11/25- 3.1 (best- MVMCP), Mon. 11/26- 4.6 (they say to avoid this day), Tue. 11/27- 1.1 (best), Wed. 11/28- 2.6 (best), Thu. 11/29- 1.1, Fri. 11/30- 2.6, Sat. 12/1- 8.9 (avoid- Christmas Day parade taping). Hope this helps!

Don't want to hijack the thread, but any chance you can tell me what 12/2 crowds look like on Touringplans? We're tentatively planning MK on 11/28 and 12/2, but that may change. Definitely planning on avoiding 12/1, though!

We're going next week too and used the crowd calendars at easywdw. We'll be in MK on Sunday and Wednesday. I believe the only non-recommended days for MK are Monday and Friday.

We're going next week too and used the crowd calendars at easywdw. We'll be in MK on Sunday and Wednesday. I believe the only non-recommended days for MK are Monday and Friday.

Me too for easywdw, and we're going on those days too! Actually...now that I think about it, definitely no one should go on Sunday or Wednesday whatever you do. Terrible days to go! ;)

Also to the PP's doing so, since Touring Plans requires a paid subscription I am not sure it is copacetic to publish their numbers on a public board?

We're going this Sunday and I noticed that about Tues and Thurs and while we wouldn't be able to see Wishes I kinda wonder if the morning and mid-day crowds will be super light due to the early closing time. We'll give it a shot Tues and if it's crowded when we get there we'll just hope on the monorail for Epcot.

After 4, the population begins to overlap with the party crowd, so it can get fairly crowded. The weekdays work better for MK on party days specifically because they draw a lot of locals.

We'll actually be there the Thursday the week after TurkeyDay, planning the [fairly bad] idea of MK same day that we go to the party though.

I am planning MK on Tuesday, the 27th. So, NO ONE else should go that day, LOL. I am also going to the MVMCP on the 29th, so the lack of evening hours is a non-issue for me. I am hoping for low crowds that day, of course.

Me too for easywdw, and we're going on those days too! Actually...now that I think about it, definitely no one should go on Sunday or Wednesday whatever you do. Terrible days to go! ;)

Also to the PP's doing so, since Touring Plans requires a paid subscription I am not sure it is copacetic to publish their numbers on a public board?

I've also heard the same horrible predictions about Sunday and Wednesday - bad, bad time to go to MK. I, on the other hand, have no choice but to go those days so I will be happy to provide reviews to everyone on how horrible it was those days :rotfl2:

Unless you are REALLY into Wishes and/or the electrical parade, going on a party day is a great idea.

The crowds will be quite light and you will get more "done" by that 7pm closing than you could with several hours more on Monday, I can almost guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter