Week after Easter?!?!?

quietgirll

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I see that the week before easter is wild and crazy, but what about the week after?? is it just as bad? not sure what to expect...maybe looking at that week for a trip, but if its gonna be awful, ill just mark it off the list...any advice??

Ok, so I see that the week before easter is wild and crazy, but what about the week after?? is it just as bad? not sure what to expect...maybe looking at that week for a trip, but if its gonna be awful, ill just mark it off the list...any advice??

Yes it will, familys will still be on Spring Break. But it should slack off maybe a few days after Easter but then again... Hey It's Disney.

It will still be crazy. Lots of schools have the week after Easter off for Spring break...ours included.

We are planning to arrive on Easter Sunday and stay until Friday. What it looks like is that the beginning of the week is very crowded but drops off by the end. Though this surprises me because so many rooms are still available at the resorts.

Our plan is to hit the parks very early until we cannot stand the crowds. We will spend the afternoon at the resort pool or checking out some places in Orlando. We have AP's and were there 2xs last year and going back in October so missing a park or certain rides is not a big deal to us. Now if this was my only trip or a once in a long time trip I might skip that week.

We are planning to arrive on Easter Sunday and stay until Friday. What it looks like is that the beginning of the week is very crowded but drops off by the end. Though this surprises me because so many rooms are still available at the resorts.

Our plan is to hit the parks very early until we cannot stand the crowds. We will spend the afternoon at the resort pool or checking out some places in Orlando. We have AP's and were there 2xs last year and going back in October so missing a park or certain rides is not a big deal to us. Now if this was my only trip or a once in a long time trip I might skip that week.

So are we!! :banana: We can all hope it's not that bad. But reading on here it seems alot of people will take off before Easter. Maybe it will not be as bad as we think.:eek: :rotfl2:

We always go from Good friday till following friday every year. I'm actually not panic about the crowds after many trips. They do get crowed at times Good friday theu Easter sunday, But do get less crowed during the later days. Only issues we seen ride wise were top 3 rides in the parks with long lines. The rest were avg 30 minute waits. We did see the most crowd in small world area at MK.

We were there the week after Easter in 2009, which was 4/12 that year. We arrived on Saturday before and stayed until the following Saturday. We thought it was a great trip and really wasn't as bad as expected.

The week prior I was reading about MK closing due to being at capacity and seeing a photo of a line that ran way out of the building to ride Nemo & Friends at Epcot. I expected to not spend as much time in the parks and spend more time at the resort, just enjoying our spring "break" from the crazy schedule we keep at home.

Instead, we spent just as much time as we normally do in the parks and were suprised we did not experience the craziness that had been happening just days before.

The kids loved the Easter Egg Hunt (actually just candy) at our resort on Easter morning. They had great baskets I was able to get made at the hotel as well. We spent the rest of the holiday with family in Tampa, but wanted to just check out MK that evening before we drove back to our hotel.

Again, completely surprised by the lack of crowds at MK that night. We spent a few hours there and did quite a bit. It had opened at 7 am and was going to be open until 3 am I believe so maybe we just hit a lull in the crowds.

We made rope drops that week, even arriving a little late to the MK EMH that started at 7 am we found the park to be pretty empty. It really was one of our better trips!

I was considering the same thing for this year and just wanted to pass along that Grad Nights take place Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th this year (last year they are doing it) - so apparently the MK closes at 7 those nights and there is no evening parade or Wishes.

We have been the week before and also the week after Easter. The week after Easter was better but still very very busy. Still had an amazing time both ways - just plan accordingly. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter