• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week After Easter

Brady's Mom

Get off the roof, get off the roof!
Okay, my DS 6 turns 7 on April 15. I just realized that his Spring Break is the week of his birthday - which also falls the week after Easter. DH and I are thinking of going to celebrate his b-day. But, we don't know what crowds will be like. Will it be VERY crowded or does it slow down for a little while after Easter?

TIA
Shannon

We went Easter Sunday thru the following week (also during Spring Breaks)last year.....it was crazy mad busy!!! The CM's were saying it was the largest crowds they had during spring Break.....great :headache:
There were long lines for everything. Rides, food & bathrooms.....which is not good for a youngster who needs to go.
The best day that week was on Thursday......we had a great day & the crowds were a lot less.
Probably not what you wanted to hear......sorry :sad1:
I hope you have a great trip anyway...... it wasn't all bad with the crowds....you just need to find your own groove :woohoo:

I've gone during that week often since DS is usually out that week and my birthday is in April....any excuse for a trip...LOL.

Anyway, I agree it is mad busy. If you know that going in, have a plan, get there at opening and maximize Fastpass you'll be okay.

Im pretty concerned about my trip being crowded, my mom keeps trying to convince me that because of the economy will make people not want to go, but I dont think that will matter. My Bf has never been when its crowded. Hopefully it wont be sooo bad. :crowded:

I was just there for president's weekend and could not see any evidence that there was a slow down in the economy. The lines were long, we could not get same day priority seatings and the parking lots were full, even the Lion King lot.

How is the week before Easter? Just as bad?

We usually get the week before Easter off too and am thinking about planning a trip next spring break, but I figured a lot of other schools are off then too. Thanks!

The week before and the week after Easter is generally recognized to be one of the busiest times of the year. In fact, DL vets will tell you that any time from mid March through the end of April will be heavier than usual. You can tell because the park hours will be the full 8 a.m. to midnight like it is during weekends and the summer-- they are expecting capacity crowds.

We were there the week after Easter last year, too. It can be done, but you'd better plan on getting out of the park for a break between about noon to 4 p.m. We literally couldn't move faster than a shuffle through Adventureland by that time. Insane.

Check out Hydroguy's thread: "Getting the most out of FastPass during the high season": http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885132

We are going the week before Easter too, although I am not wild about it! It's the only time we could make it, so we'll just have to deal with the madness. I went to WDW over spring break when I was in college and we were still able to have fun, horrendous crowds and all. Just requires a bit of extra pre-planning :thumbsup2

The week before and the week after Easter is generally recognized to be one of the busiest times of the year. In fact, DL vets will tell you that any time from mid March through the end of April will be heavier than usual. You can tell because the park hours will be the full 8 a.m. to midnight like it is during weekends and the summer-- they are expecting capacity crowds.

We were there the week after Easter last year, too. It can be done, but you'd better plan on getting out of the park for a break between about noon to 4 p.m. We literally couldn't move faster than a shuffle through Adventureland by that time. Insane.

Check out Hydroguy's thread: "Getting the most out of FastPass during the high season": http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885132

I think with the placement of Easter this year being mid April, the March spring breaks won't be quite as bad as the ones in April. Last year with it being so early in March, I can see it being very busy! And I am expecting it to be busy this year too, just not as bad than if it corresponded with Easter.

Thanks Everyone for your answers! We have just decided to keep our original plans for Memorial Day and the rest of that week. Our kids finish school the Friday before, so we will leave Sun. and activate our AP's and go in on Sun. evening and maybe watch the fireworks or whatever - since we will be there the whole week!

ok so heres my plan for our two day high crowds commando trip

We are gonna spend all of friday in DL, getting as much done as possible. Then the saturday that were there we will be in DL from 8 - 12, then head over to California adventure and do all that stuff (Im assuming its still less crowded) then after dinner head back to DL finish up everything we havnt gotten to. We will be eating mostly at counter service, nothing that will take to much away from park time.

I hate going in high season, its not the lines that bug me I just get claustrophobic with all those people. I didn't choose these dates it was just convient for everyone else going, I wanted to go in Febuary and do three days, but nobody listens to me lol :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter