• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wednesday's Oh What The Heck I'll Post One Riddle

I vaguely remember that ride because I was really little the last time I rode it but wasn't there some feature on it where you were given the option of what you wanted to see during the ride or something like that?

ETA: ULTIMATE
nerd-emoticon.gif
HOOTY!

Today is the last day of my favorite game, so I won't be on the riddle page much today. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

wasn't there some feature on it where you were given the option of what you wanted to see during the ride or something like that?

They are all like that. You can close your eyes.

However, I am sorry that VMK closed for you who enjoyed it.

I vaguely remember that ride because I was really little the last time I rode it but wasn't there some feature on it where you were given the option of what you wanted to see during the ride or something like that?

ETA: ULTIMATE
nerd-emoticon.gif
HOOTY!

From Wikipedia:

Horizons began with a section titled Looking Back at Tomorrow, showcasing visions of the future as perceived from the era of Jules Verne through the 1950s. The ride then moved past two immense OMNIMAX screens (groundbreaking technology at the time the ride was built), showing modern technologies and ideas that could be used to build the world of tomorrow. Afterward came the main part of the ride: visions of futuristic life in deserts, undersea, and even in space.
The only Disney attraction with multiple endings, Horizons then allowed riders to select which path they wanted to take back to the FuturePort: from the space station Brava Centauri (depicting space colonization), from the desert farm of Mesa Verde (depicting arid-zone agriculture), or from the Sea Castle research base (depicting ocean colonization). As the final part of the ride guests in their 'omnimover' would push a button to select amongst the three choices, and would be presented with a 31 second video sequence. A film would then be displayed to riders in each individual car. The videos showed a simulated flyover of an outdoor scene. To create the effect, scale models were built and a camera swept across the futuristic terrain. The models were some of the largest ever created at the time, the model for the Desert sequence for example was 32 feet by 75 feet long. The visual effects were filmed in a hangar at the Burbank airport. Produced in 1983 by 30 model makers it took over a year to build and shoot the three segments.

I think I might have to send a real answer in...:rolleyes1

Roadie made it after all!

2510723837_3f20208816.jpg

And just for the record, she got it without bribery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter