wedding song

I'm far from getting married but I think if I did I'd have to go with 'All I ask of you' Intrumental from Phantom of the Opera. It's soft and charming, I heard it at my Godmother's son's wedding.

Our wedding song was Beauty and the Beast (the Celine Dion version). That was the theme of the reception (centerpieces, cake, etc). Our DJ was great he asked if he could play the intro to the movie (you know the part of the old beggar woman coming to the door...they were destined to stay a beast until someone loved him) before the bridal party entered, they played 'something there' during the cake cutting and 'be our guest' when dinner was served. It was nice touches throughout but not overwhelming! During our first dance I kept trying to convince my DH that I am really the beast (especially in the morning) not him!

Amanda

Our daughter used "So This Is Love" from Cinderella - one of the Disney CD's has a version by James Ingram - a nice, slow, jazz-like waltz that does not sound too "cute". They had their first dance choreographed by a ballroom dancing instructor - what a great idea and they were terrific!!!!!! Also, she asked the DJ to use the Main Street Electrical Parade song from one of the Disney CD's as the entrance music for the bridesmaids/groomsmen and for herself and her husband. Her wedding was at the Wedding Pavillion and the reception was in the California Grill - too beautiful for words!!!

My husband and I are renewing our vows in an intimate ceremony, and our 'first dance' will be to "A Groovy Kind of Love".
Here are the lyrics:

When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
When you're close to me, I can feel your heart beat
I can hear you breathing in my ear
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love

Anytime you want to you can turn me onto
Anything you want to, anytime at all
When I kiss your lips, ooh I start to shiver
Can't control the quivering inside
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love, oh

When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
When I'm in your arms, nothing seems to matter
My whole world could shatter, I don't care
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love
We got a groovy kind of love
We got a groovy kind of love, oh
We got a groovy kind of love

We've been married 27 years and I still feel that way about him!

Janis

Our wedding song is "At Last". But we went to a wedding this past weekend where they used Marc Cohen's Tru Companion and it was beautiful! Good Luck!

Here are some songs that we used.

Be our guest, as the dinner started being served

Its your love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as our first dance ( its not ultra country...check it out)

when you wish apon a star during the cake cutting.

We walked into the reception to "sweet emotion" by Areosmith
rock-n-roller coaster anyone!?!?!?

Our bridal party was introduced to the theme song from "Friends"
( our bridal party only had two siblings in it, but I'll be there for you was still fitting")

We had some Jim Brickman, Harry Connick etc during dinner...also the song from Enya.. " who can say... ( i forget the name of it now)

Our wedding song was going to be "with or without you" By U2, however recently an even more fitting and more unorthodox song was released that we just had to have.... "Vindicated" By the dashboard confessionals (theme from spiderman 2) I know its very ugainst the grain but were punk rock enthusiasts so it's actually very fitting, although not very disney LOL

I went to a wedding recently and they danced to "When you Wish Upon a Star"..it was beautiful!!!

i love no doubt and i love "running." i don't know how rob will like the idea of our first dance as "running." he would probably joke that it's a hint or something like that. :crazy:

Well, I am already married but we are planning on renewing our vows and I'm not yet sure if we will do it in Disney or not, but I want the song we first dance to to be the song from that one movie .....I can't think of the name right now...... it is by Aerosmith but it is also sung by a country singer I think its called I dont wanna miss a thing. Armageddon, is that the name of the movie....I have always liked that song. Don't wanna close my eyes dont wanna fall asleep cause I'd miss you babe and I don't wanna miss a thing. I really like that one.
Kim

Originally posted by Fantasia Sam
I was gonna have my brother (he's giving me away) and I dance to Wind Beneath My Wings - but I heard it in the car the other day and had to pull over as I was crying so much - I think I need to find a different song for us ;)

I teared up just hearing you say Wing Beneath My Wings! geesh, I feel so girly! haha.
I have not been stressed about one thing about my wedding, but picking a song for my sister (MoH) to walk to and a recessional song is putting me through the ringer. We're not doing the first dance, as we think it is kinda hokey to dance around to a violin while 12 people watch (and any tourists walking to Epcot). So the recessional song is EXTRA stressful as I am looking at that to be symbolic.

At our wedding on May 1st we had the bridemaids walk down to "Concerning Hobbits" from "Lord of the Rings", and my wife walked down the aisle to "Princess Bride - Storybook Love". When we arrived at the reception we had "Lifehouse - Hanging by a Moment" played. Our first dance was "Forever" by KISS. Hope these can help.

For our dance we are using "Can't take my eyes off you" by Frankie Valli. It was my DF choice he burned it and put it in a really romantic card and left it on my pillow. For my dance with my Dad " Daddy's little girl" by Kippi Branddon. We didn't like the idea of dancing to a violinist, so we are bring a battery operated CD player.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter