Wedding Ring = Floozy Magnet?

MidNite

<font color=indigo>Hello, what's this?<br><font co
My husband has been working a job driving a cab at night for less than a month now (we pray for the railroad freight conductor job!) and already he's had issues with women hitting on him. And not just subtly hitting on him. Oh no, this is full frontal assault.

Friday night he was driving two "ladies" home and they were chatting with him about his family and four kids. They were a little bit intoxicated, but not trashed. When they were getting out of the cab they gave him an $80 tip. After they get out they start asking him to come into the house and have a couple of drinks with them. He politely tells them that no, he's happily married and wouldn't do anything to mess it up. They just keep pushing and pushing him "come on, honey, no one will know" yada yada yada....he says "No! I have other calls, I have to go." And leaves. Then calls me and tells me what happened. I know he was faithful to me but it still makes my heart sink to know that women can be that trashy.

Now, what is it about women that are so attracted to a wedding ring? I know my husband has gorgeous blue eyes and is more nice-looking than the other cabbies in the area (has all his teeth....) but still, there are plenty of men out there in the world. Why try intentionally to lure a married man? Some sort of sick sport? I just hope it ruined their self-esteem to be rejected like that. *evil grin*

My husband has been working a job driving a cab at night for less than a month now (we pray for the railroad freight conductor job!) and already he's had issues with women hitting on him. And not just subtly hitting on him. Oh no, this is full frontal assault.

Friday night he was driving two "ladies" home and they were chatting with him about his family and four kids. They were a little bit intoxicated, but not trashed. When they were getting out of the cab they gave him an $80 tip. After they get out they start asking him to come into the house and have a couple of drinks with them. He politely tells them that no, he's happily married and wouldn't do anything to mess it up. They just keep pushing and pushing him "come on, honey, no one will know" yada yada yada....he says "No! I have other calls, I have to go." And leaves. Then calls me and tells me what happened. I know he was faithful to me but it still makes my heart sink to know that women can be that trashy.

Now, what is it about women that are so attracted to a wedding ring? I know my husband has gorgeous blue eyes and is more nice-looking than the other cabbies in the area (has all his teeth....) but still, there are plenty of men out there in the world. Why try intentionally to lure a married man? Some sort of sick sport? I just hope it ruined their self-esteem to be rejected like that. *evil grin*

Simple answer: they were drunk. People do all kinds of crazy things when they're drunk. They probably don't even remember what they did.

Simple answer: they were drunk. People do all kinds of crazy things when they're drunk. They probably don't even remember what they did.

I'd have to be awfully drunk to invite the stranger driving my cab into my house. :scared1:

I'd have to be awfully drunk to invite the stranger driving my cab into my house. :scared1:

Like I said, alcohol impairs a person's judgment and people often make fools of themselves when under its influence. One of my neighbors, a very proper and respectable gentleman, told me at a block party how "aroused" (substitute that word with the h word) he was.:eek: I was at a party recently where a woman attempted to play pool with her ****s.:rolleyes1 Imagine a woman that gave birth a month prior, wearing a low-cut blouse attempting to play pool with her "girls". She is a quiet and reserved person, but alcohol set her loose. :rolleyes1

I want to go to some of your parties Rita.

This is why I don't drink. Too many problems.

A lot of times, women hit on married men and they are not even intoxicated.

I wish more would hit on me though. I have a ring on my pinky that several women I know have mistaken for a wedding band. Too bad they weren't single. :confused3 :rotfl:

Something about the unavailable message of the wedding ring says "HIT ON ME!" I was out with my best friend about 4 1/2 years ago, both of us married and wearing our rings. Now, yes, we were in a bar, but we were there to see a specific band, our husbands KNEW we were there and hated this band. :thumbsup2 So anyway, this guy starts hitting on BOTH of us, we immediately laughed at him, showed our rings and his response was "So what? You're alone right now aren't you??" :scared1: Of course the husbands thought it was great that their wives were still "hot" enough to get hit on, until they realized that it meant their wives were getting hit on. :lmao:

I want to go to some of your parties Rita.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Well, I've left out a lot of other stories. :rotfl: Those two are the most recent. That's what happens when one doesn't drink. At the beginning, everyone is sober and socializing. Then, as the alcohol starts to "kick in", "the show" begins.:eek:

:rotfl2: Really, as long as he tells you, I wouldn't worry. I bet he'll end up with some good taxicab confessionals during his stint.

Ain't that the truth! He's already had a few. Just like last night when two men and a woman were shuttled to a bar. On the way, lady made out with one guy. On the way back she was making out with the other one.... And I'm talking really making out, if you get my drift.

He's already had to defend himself also. Dude didn't have the money for the ride so DH was trying to get him to get out of the cab. Guy refused to get out and was getting belligerent with him and raised his fist at DH. DH cracked him in the skull with a flashlight and he finally got out.

We usually spend a couple of hours after he gets off work just talking about the interesting fares he gets.

And really I'm not worried about his fidelity. It just ticks me off for someone to intentionally play with someone else's marriage. Drunk or sober.

Alcohol makes people do stupid things.

I also think that for some women a married man is a bigger "score" for the ego..."look, I made him cheat on his wife...I must be really special"...instead of just a common skank. ;)

My DH says the same thing...that he never had so many women hit on him until he wore a wedding ring.

I think getting hit on driving a cab at night is to be expected. Frankly I would say driving cab overnight that you could assume 90% of your passengers were under the influence of some sort. Alcohol makes you lose your inhibitions and people feel most at ease with those they don't know. It's why people pour their hearts out to hairdressers and bartenders. I bet your husband will have the riders from who he learns all about their lives, mostly the bad parts.

I am glad he is telling you about the instances, but if it is really getting to you maybe you could ask him not to share so much. It's obvious you can trust him, so maybe not learning everything is a good idea.

I also think that for some women a married man is a bigger "score" for the ego..."look, I made him cheat on his wife...I must be really special"...instead of just a common skank. ;)

My DH says the same thing...that he never had so many women hit on him until he wore a wedding ring.

A woman I work with only "dates" married guys- she doesn't want committment so "married guys are perfect" for her (her words not mine!). I honestly can't believe some of the guys that cheat either- I work with mostly men and some of the nicest guys that you think are real family men are actually snakes.

I work with mostly men and some of the nicest guys that you think are real family men are actually snakes.

Very true! I work with all men and there are a few who cheat on their wives but when there wife's around they're completely different people. Working with them has really opened my eyes to the fact that not all cheaters get caught or do shady things that raise red flags. Some of the guys are very good at getting away with it, which is sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter