• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding Rehearsal ???

Will the venue do a buffet for that long? That seems like a long time for food to be sitting out (I haven't really worked in the food industry, so maybe not?)

Instead of a buffet dinner, could you do appetizers and desserts? My friend did this last year. Almost all of the groom's family was from out of town. They got married at a hotel very close to the airport and invited all out of town guests, so they kind of did a rehearsal dinner/welcome reception. They had appetizers (lots of options), dessert, and open bar. It was nice, everyone stood around and talked and there were high and low tables so you could stand and mingle or sit and eat. We loved it.

Would it be okay to have an open dining time for a rehearsal dinner?

We are able to rent a room at the hotel we are staying at, but it only seats 40 to sit and eat and we have 60 people to invite that are coming in at different times and staying at the hotel the night before the wedding.

I was thinking of catering a buffet dinner and dessert, coffee, wine, soda, water. I would have an invitation put in their Hotel Welcome Bag and also tell them prior to coming, that states "Open Dining from 6pm - 9pm" on the invitation.

Would this be acceptable? How would you feel about this invite?

Any and all recommendations or suggestions welcomed on how to handle this.

I would just be afraid of guests lingering. Usually when people get together they want to continue partying. You can't kick people out. Does it have to be a sit down dinner. Will the room hold 60 people? Maybe some can wonder around while others sit to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter