Wedding parking at GF

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
Are guests attending a wedding at the GF Wedding Pavilion allowed to park at GF? Or will they have to park at TTC & walk or take the monorail over?

Are guests attending a wedding at the GF Wedding Pavilion allowed to park at GF? Or will they have to park at TTC & walk or take the monorail over?

There's parking at the WP. But if they want to park at the GF I'm sure they can. Although it's a bit of a walk.

Perfect, thank you! Will they have to go through the GF gate? I guess everyone can just say they are attending a wedding?

Perfect, thank you! Will they have to go through the GF gate? I guess everyone can just say they are attending a wedding?

No, the parking lot for the WP comes up before the entrance to the GF, and there's no guard gate. It's just open. :thumbsup2

No, the parking lot for the WP comes up before the entrance to the GF, and there's no guard gate. It's just open. :thumbsup2

Wonderful - thank you!

PS - love the wedding pics in your ticker!

I have been wondering the same thing, but what if guest who drive to WP then need to go to St. Augustine ballroom. Can you walk there or would it be easier to drive esp in in heels?

Or what about Escape weddings that are at the WP, with the cake-cutting on Commander's Terrace? Do guests normally drive over to the GF and pay to valet for that half hour?

If the reception is at the GF then they can definitely park there, but the self park is really far away, so might not be worth it. I have heard of brides covering the cost of valet for their guests.

I checked with my planner and since there was no wedding after mine that day, my guests were able to keep their cars in the WP parking lot. They took the bus over to the reception and afterwards the bus stopped back at the parking lot before making the resort rounds. It worked out really well for everyone.

My guests parked at the GF, not sure if they valet parked or not (It was my wedding, I wasn't really bothered) and walked over to the WP. It's only about a 5 minute walk and our limo took them back to the GF on multiple trips, but I'm sure they would have walked. Your guests could always park at the WP for the ceremony and then drive to the GF and park there for the reception. I think the self parking is nearer to the convention center anyway.

I was also told that guests were allowed to park in the convention center lot, which is where my guests moved their cars after they attended the ceremony at the WP. I made this map on google maps to show everyone where to park - hopefully it will help!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...40282064561531.00049ab25baa6a425da9c&t=h&z=17

The self parking is the lot to the left of Floridian Way on the map - but my planner told me not to tell my guests to park there.

I was also told that guests were allowed to park in the convention center lot, which is where my guests moved their cars after they attended the ceremony at the WP. I made this map on google maps to show everyone where to park - hopefully it will help!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...40282064561531.00049ab25baa6a425da9c&t=h&z=17

The self parking is the lot to the left of Floridian Way on the map - but my planner told me not to tell my guests to park there.

That is actually where my guests parked too, I got mixed up.

There is a special lot at the GF that provides space to park for those utilizing the Wedding Pavilion and the spa.

I paid for my guests valet so they could park closer and not have to walk. My planner made up a ticket that looked like a park ticket to give the valet.

This was at the Beah club but I'm sure you could do it at the GF too.

I paid for my guests valet so they could park closer and not have to walk. My planner made up a ticket that looked like a park ticket to give the valet.

This was at the Beah club but I'm sure you could do it at the GF too.

This would be an option. However, if you can get the guests to park in the Convention Center lot, it might be closer than having them valet at the front of the GF. They would still have to walk over to the Convention Center if they valet parked.

Or what about Escape weddings that are at the WP, with the cake-cutting on Commander's Terrace? Do guests normally drive over to the GF and pay to valet for that half hour?

Our guests all parked at the wp and then during our pictures the limo shuttled then to the gf in two groups. First we did a couple pics with all guests. Then the friends, aunts and uncles left while we did wedding party and immediate family pics. Then they all left while dh and I did our pics. We were shuttled over last. We did dinner at narcoossees and a wishes cruise after the cake cutting and everyone just left their cars the whole time ( of course with an escape that was only 6 or 7 cars!). They all walked back to their cars at the end of the night. It was fine then but would have been a warm walk in the sun!

Our guests all parked at the wp and then during our pictures the limo shuttled then to the gf in two groups. First we did a couple pics with all guests. Then the friends, aunts and uncles left while we did wedding party and immediate family pics. Then they all left while dh and I did our pics. We were shuttled over last. We did dinner at narcoossees and a wishes cruise after the cake cutting and everyone just left their cars the whole time ( of course with an escape that was only 6 or 7 cars!). They all walked back to their cars at the end of the night. It was fine then but would have been a warm walk in the sun!

we also used the included limo to take our guests from the WP to the GF

Okay, that would work perfectly! The limo could shuttle them from BLT to the Pavilion, and then to the GF afterward, and then everyone could take the monorail back to the Contemporary for our lunch at the Wave.

I don't know why I was having such a hard time figuring out the logistics ... thanks for breaking it down for me! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter