• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding music options?

2BWEDDNDIS

Disney Bride
I have the disney fairy tale wedding cd, does anyone know of other music you can find that disney also uses for the weddings? I love listening to the cd I was just wondering about other opitons. My wedding is at the wedding pavillion. On my site visit I was able to hear the organ playing another bride was there picking out her music. I don't live in Florida so I won't be able to pick out my music like that. I heard him playing different when you wish upon a star than that on the cd I have, he also played some music from the spectro magic parade that was cool too. How did you or are you going about picking out your music??

Jim Brickman has a new Disney CD that is really good. Also, you can try Just the music. I don't think that you can find that on Amazon anymore, you may want to try ebay.

I don't know if you're having a custom or intimate, but I just got our 2006 intimate planning guide and this is what was listed as the favourite picks:

Prelude/Seating
♥Various Classical and/or Disney Musical selections

Processional
Mothers/Minister/Groom
♥Trumpet Voluntary by Clarke
Rondeau (Masterpiece Theatre) by Mouret
Someday My Prince Will Come “Snow White”

Bridal Party
♥Canon in D by Pachelbel
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Bach
Spring “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes “Cinderella”

Bride
♥Bridal Chorus (Here Comes the Bride) “Lohengrin” by Wagner
Trumpet Voluntary (Prince of Denmark’s March) by Clarke
Trumpet Tune in D Major by Purcell
When You Wish Upon A Star “Pinocchio”

Unity Candle (*Optional for use only at Wedding Pavilion)
(Let your coordinator know if you will provide one or you may purchase one with your floral order)
♥Candle on the Water “Pete’s Dragon”
The Rose by McBroom
Ave Maria by Schubert

Recessional
♥Wedding March (There Goes the Bride) by Mendelssohn
Trumpet Tune in D by Purcell
Rondeau (Masterpiece Theatre) by Mouret
The Four Seasons (Spring or Autumn) by Vivaldi
Hornpipe “Water Music” by Handel
Disney’s Electrical Light Parade Theme

Reception/First Dance
♥Disney, Pop, and Classical Musical Selections
All I Ask of You “Phantom of Opera”
My Heart Will Go On “Titanic”
Unforgettable Irving Gordon
What a Wonderful World by Weiss/Thiele (popularized by Louis Armstrong)
Unchained Melody by Zaret/North (popularized by the Righteous Brothers)

Disney Songs
Kiss the Girl “The Little Mermaid”
It’s a Small World
A Whole New World “Aladdin”
Love is a Song “Bambi”
Beauty and the Beast “Beauty and the Beast”
Mickey Mouse March
Bella Notte “Lady and the Tramp”
Once Upon a Dream “Sleeping Beauty”
Bibbidi-Bobbidy-Boo “Cinderella”
Part of Your World “The Little Mermaid”
Can You Feel the Love Tonight “The Lion King”
So This is Love “Cinderella”
Chim Chim Cher-ee “Mary Poppins”
Under the Sea “The Little Mermaid”
Circle of Life “The Lion King”
Colors of the Wind “Pocahontas”
You’ll Be in My Heart “Tarzan”
Disney’s Electrical Light Parade
♥ These musical selections will be performed for your wedding if no music has been requested.

Thanks for listing the options! She's having a custom wedding at the Pavilion. Do you (or anyone else) know if you have to choose from the list, or can she choose any music and just make sure she provides it?
TIA :)

They will play anything you want. If you want something played on the organ that is uncommon, they may ask you to provide sheet music so the musician can learn it. They can also play CD's at the WP if you perfer.

Can you purchase the Disney wedding CD and the Jim Brickman one at any old music store, or can they only be purchased in WDW? Thanks :) :) I LOOOOOOVE the instrumental versions of many of the Disney songs :love:

My sister got the Disney Wedding CD on walmart.com, our local WalMart told her they didn't carry it. Hope this helps :)

I entered to "When You Wish Upon A Star" and it sounds SO much better than on the Disney FTW CD. I bought the FTW CD 1 and 1/2 years after my wedding, but I remember the music at my wedding sounding MUCH better than the CD. (my wedding video proved my theory)

Just wanted to add...remember, any CD's you bring must be "labeled" as original CD's. Disney will not play a "custom mix" from a CD you burned yourself. It has to do with copyright issues.

If you decide to bring multiple CD's, you might want to ask how that will work as someone will have to change CD's and find the right track, etc.

Just something to think about! :)

Good luck to you all! :)

MrsTink04 said:
I entered to "When You Wish Upon A Star" and it sounds SO much better than on the Disney FTW CD. I bought the FTW CD 1 and 1/2 years after my wedding, but I remember the music at my wedding sounding MUCH better than the CD. (my wedding video proved my theory)

Did you have the organist at the WP? I'm afraid the organ is going to sound so morbid and churchy and I want it to sound more wimsical and fun.

It was not an organ. I believe it was a violin...but it sounded like it was piped in somehow. I could hear the music for my DH's entrance and the bridesmaid processional from the Bride's Vestibule. (all of the doors were closed, it was piped into the bride's vestibule) I can Email my EM and ask her how they did it if you want. I just know the music was beautiful!

I was VERY disappointed with the Disney FTW CD.

By the way, I had an intimate wedding, and I did not pay extra for special music. I was very pleasantly surprised at the ceremony music. We did have a violinist at the reception and he was INCREDIBLE!!!!!

MrsTink04 said:
It was not an organ. I believe it was a violin...but it sounded like it was piped in somehow. I could hear the music for my DH's entrance and the bridesmaid processional from the Bride's Vestibule. (all of the doors were closed, it was piped into the bride's vestibule) I can Email my EM and ask her how they did it if you want. I just know the music was beautiful!

I was VERY disappointed with the Disney FTW CD.

By the way, I had an intimate wedding, and I did not pay extra for special music. I was very pleasantly surprised at the ceremony music. We did have a violinist at the reception and he was INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Thanks!! Glad to know that the 'standard' music for an intimate is really nice. It said something about it being an organ and I was like- ewwwwww, old church lady music :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter