Wedding & Honeymoon Disapointment - Need to vent!- update!

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Please dont think that I am heartless and selfish for posting this, my prayers are with everyone who has touched by this weeks events.
But because of these 'peoples' acts my dream wedding and honeymoon now hangs in the balance. When this incident happened on Tuesday, i really didnt want to go ahead with my trip, after all, how could i even try to enjoy myself when there are so many people in the US and around the world in such pain. However after many replies to my posts on these boards, full of support and well wishes, i have now decided to go ahead with the trip (wedding ect). We can not let these 'people' win!
I am due to fly to vegas on sunday and then onto orlando on thursday and even though these airports are open Virgin Atlantic are not flying (as far as i know) and for how long this situation will continue i dont know.
So after all of this it seems that what would of been my wedding day/night will be spent in a london airport, sleeping on hard chairs (if im lucky) or the floor.
We have been saving for this trip for two years along with over 12 months of planning. Our rings are engraved with Mondays date on along with many other 'trimmings' we have. It just all seems so unfair!

Im sorry to go on, im feeling very sorry for myself, i keep telling myself how lucky i am.

I have so many things that i need to be doing right now but i just cant turn CNN off or get off these boards.

Anyone who has lost anyone this week, please dont take my post the wrong way - my heart goes out to you all.

Love
Emma

Virgin have just had the go ahead with one plan from london to NY, so the next post i do will either be a very long trip report or an 'Im not getting married' post.

Please dont think that i have forgotten this weeks events, my heart goes out to you all.

God Bless
Emma

Hi Emma,

Yes, this is a horrible tragedy that NO ONE will ever forget. The many families that no longer have moms and dads, sisters or brothers. It's beyond the scope of words to try and explain the pain Americans (and all human beings) feel right now.

I understand your disappointment. I can only imagine that your situation has been repeated 100 times over this week. With Disney sometimes hosting ten + weddings a day and it being the number one domestic honeymon destination, I'm sure others are feeling the same frustration. Maybe, perhaps, it will make you feel a little better that you are not alone. As difficult as it may be to get past the frustration right now, try to focus on the fact that you have a person with you that you love. I've already heard two or three stories of victims who had wedding plans later this year or in 2002. There are no make up dates for them. Still another, a young man of 27 from a town just a few miles down the road from me, perished in the WTC bombing. He was on the 101st floor of the North tower. In two weeks, he was set to walk his sister down the aisle because his father was in such ill health.

I don't want these stories to make you feel guilty for your thoughts. I completely understand how much frustration and disappointment you must feel. I'm hoping that you'll find some sense of solace that you are alive and well and can hug the person you love on your wedding night. Good luck to you. :)

Emma, feeling guilty will not change the fact that people have died.

Don't feel like you are selfish. You cannot stop living. Yes, be grateful that you have your future spouse here with you, but don't feel bad being nervous and concerned about your wedding plans.

You are still alive, so live your life to the fullest:)

I know this is an older thread so I sincerely hope that you went thru with your wedding. Nothing would give these people more happiness than wrecking the happiness and peace of mind of western people, and american in particular. I really hope that you went on with your plans and are now a happily married woman. We went to disney world last week and really had a marvelous time. I feel for every person who was injured, killed and psychologically damaged by these events. But as a people we need to go on. We will win.

all blessings to you and your family in these trying times

I hadn't posted because this was older, but I felt the same way that week. We were getting married that Saturday (15th) and leaving on Sunday. My parents immediately said, "No, you're not going." And I said, "Yes, we are. But as a compromise, we will drive instead of fly." I immediately started looking for a car and extra rooms for the journey out there. I felt like a heel the whole time as I raced around town (with everything closed) on that Tuesday trying to find an atlas so I could plan our route. I'm so glad now that we didn't put it off, that we were distracted and so incredibly happy for that week when everything was just so miserable in the world. We were heartbroken with the rest of America and it was nice to have some happiness in spite of that two-bit scumbag over there. I hope your trip went well and that you guys had some enjoyment. I hope that everyone here can find some happiness someplace. I may be oversimplifying this, but to me, every minute of happiness that we can experience is a slap to the terrorists and to evil everywhere because they are trying to take not just our way of life, but our joy and what little peace we have over here and that hacks me off.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!!

Well, we made it, im now married. We has the news that we could fly on the early hours of the 15th (we were travelling to the airport at 11 am the same day to fly out on the Sunday)

My trip (whoops honeymoon) was very special, and something that i will never forget but not for the same reasons as other people have memories of there special day. We all really enjoyed the whole Wedding but we made sure that we were respectful and all acknowledged what had happened over the days before.

Thank you all for you kind words of support,

My HUGE trip report will come along soon.

Its good to be home.

Emma

Good for you!!! God bless you and your new DH as you begin your life together. You're right...these days will always be that much more special for everything that happened. Looking forward to the trip report. We might have even passed on the pathways and didn't know it!

Congratulations Emma!!!
I'm so happy to hear that you were able to go through with the wedding and honeymoon. Can't wait to read your trip report about it!!! Be sure to let us know when you post it. I don't usually have time to make it over to the Trip Reports Board, but I LOVE reading honeymoon reports!

I'm glad you were able to make the trip and get married. I look forward to your trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter