Wedding Gown and USAirways

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
Has anyone here used USAirways to fly in for their wedding? Just wondered if they are accomodating for carrying the gown on the plane. Wouldn't want to have to gate check it! It's not poofy so it should be able to lay on top of other items in the overhead without a problem. When I call USAirways they don't seem to have any clue about anything other than what their website says, since the America West merger...

I read that some of you bought a seat for your gown - how does that work at the security checkpoint - does it get a boarding pass?

When you check your luggue in ask the person about your gown. They do have closets in the front of the plane for 1st class passengers they could use.
If not, can you fold your gown to the size of a suitcase that will fit into the overhead area? If so there should be problems.
If you want to be sure call their customer service dept. and get his/her name and number. :love: :love: :love: party: party: party:

Customer Relations Contact
Email E-mail Customer Relations
Telephone 1-866-523-5333
5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, MST
6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sat-Sun, MST
Fax 480-693-2300
Postal Mail US Airways
Attention: Customer Relations
4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

I already tried both calling and sending email to USAirways customer service. They won't guarantee anything regarding the dress, in fact they know nothing more than what appears on the website (it sounds as if they are reading a script when you call). Gone are the days of actually discussing a situation, at least at USAirways. (Gone too is my brand loyalty, btw..)

So now I am thinking that the only way to guarantee the dress on the plane is to buy it a one way ticket.

Anyone have experience with jetblue and their gown?

i flew southwest and the night before we went, i pressed all the air out of the garment bag and was able to easily fold the bag in threes. I walked right through the airport with it under my arm, it went easily through the x-ray at security, and went in the overhead compartment with ease and with room to spare! on the way home, i was able to even fit it in a suitcase and i just checked it on the airplane b/c i didn't care much after the wedding.

HTH!

i'm pretty sure the gown could be folded in thirds as you describe, but sometimes leaving Syracuse we use some pretty small aircraft. One time on the way home I had to take clothes out of the carryon to colapse it more in order to fit it in the overhead, even though we had just gotten off another plane and it fit fine. I think that we'll just buy the one way ticket. It's the only way to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter