Wedding dresses

Thanks everyone! Yeah, it was not a good time. Hockeygirl, the DB I went to was on 22 in Springfield/Union. I'm going back on Thursday because there were still a lot of dresses that I wanted to try on and I want to try that second one again. Looking at the pics, it seems like "me."And I was sure to tell them that I want to have a time slot that I can take my time and that I want a different lady! I'll keep you posted!!

I love the way the second one looks on you!! I do think that it is the wrong size on the third.. I tried dresses on with a corset style bra and I didn't feel like it was cutting off my ability to breathe at all! It just made me feel thin! :rotfl: I agree with other posts on you should go to a different store for sure! I do have to say mine definitely felt like "the one".!

I got my dress from David's, and was pleasantly surprised by the service because I had been to a different David's in the past with friends and was less than impressed. I was sooo particular, and I really thought the dress was going to be the hardest part of planning, but then I did get that WOW moment. So I would keep looking, though I really like the first 2 you posted.

Anyway, here's mine ...

Picture3.png

Picture5.png

Picture4.png

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

I went David's and the girl who took care of me was great! Now the woman that ordered my dress was less than awesome because she typed in the wrong numbers and ordered the wrong dress. In the end I had to choose a different dress. I do love my new dress though, more than the original actually!
I' want to offer a different perspective though. I tried on a ton of different dresses at many different stores and I never got that "this is the one" feeling. I love my dress and can't wait to wear it on Saturday...wow it is so close! So keep looking! But, don't get worried like I did because I never got that "this is the one feeling." I don't think I would have gotten that feeling! Also, I'm very laid back about getting married and I'm not very particular about many things. I didn't care what the center pieces looked like, or the flowers in the church or even what we ate for that matter. I let my mom handle all that! It could also be because I am so busy with my full time job, coaching high school field hockey, and my part time job that I didn't have time to care

Dress #3 - This is the one that was too tight - or am I wrong? Was the salesgirl right?? Is it normal to look like that? Look at my back fat in the last pic!!
108055101_2337-med.JPG

108055101_2334-med.JPG

108055101_2335-med.JPG

QUOTE]

I'm partial to Dress #3 since it is also my wedding dress!!! lol Although I didn't like at all with the halter on me so I think I'm getting it removed! It shouldn't fit you so tight so don't let them talk you into getting a size that is uncomfortable! I am by no means a dress girl at all and I actually felt comfortable at my fitting! Good luck choosing a dress!!!

Yay, thanks everyone!!! I can't wait till it actually comes in. I NEVER thought I would get a dress this style, or even this fabric, never thought I liked lace, but you never know until you try it on!

I got my dress from David's, and was pleasantly surprised by the service because I had been to a different David's in the past with friends and was less than impressed. I was sooo particular, and I really thought the dress was going to be the hardest part of planning, but then I did get that WOW moment. So I would keep looking, though I really like the first 2 you posted.

Anyway, here's mine ...

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

Beautiful dress!!

I finally found a wedding qi pao I liked!

WD1308_1_main.jpg

WD1308_2_main.jpg

My dress will be ankle length and will have a red, wide sash with golden phoenix designs about it. The sash will cinch in the waist area, but also I'm having it altered to be a little more form-fitting.

Traditionally my dress should be red, but I liked this color scheme so much...so I'm just adding red with the sash and possibly with my veil. I'm still deciding whether my veil will be red or gold.

I'm so excited!!!! I just bought my dress for our DCL Vow Renewal!!:cool1: Here it is!

jpgimage.jpg

jpgimage1-1.jpg

Sorry about the pics being so small... I couldn't get them bigger.

Well, I am not getting married at Disney and I am not sure what we are doing for our HM yet, but I love reading about everyone's weddings, so I wanted to post my dress. I got it at Davids Bridal. Sorry the pictures are so big, can't figure out how to make them smaller!

1.jpg

19-1.jpg

Amy's Dress

The dress was from the Demetrios Ilissa collection. The crystals on the skirt were in 3's so they looked like hidden Mickey's.....giving it that little touch of Disney.:thumbsup2

weddingpictures041.jpg
[/IMG]

Florida08-31427.jpg
[/IMG]

Kim

Thanks everyone! Yeah, it was not a good time. Hockeygirl, the DB I went to was on 22 in Springfield/Union. I'm going back on Thursday because there were still a lot of dresses that I wanted to try on and I want to try that second one again. Looking at the pics, it seems like "me."And I was sure to tell them that I want to have a time slot that I can take my time and that I want a different lady! I'll keep you posted!!

I *knew* you picked dress 2 because you are the happiest in it. You can see it in your smile. :)

Laurie --Your dress is gorgeous on you!

Kim -- Amy's dress is even prettier close up. My gown is a Demetrios Ilissa as well, and I looked at a dress like your DD's except it didn't have the horizontal lines on the bodice. But it DID have the 3sequin arrangement all over the skirt so I called it the hidden mickey dress. Amy's is even more gorgeous than the one I saw.

Bella -- Your VR dress is beautiful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter