Wedding dresses

I just ordered my wedding dress yesterday! :banana: I really love it...it is all silk and chiffon and very light to wear (a necessity for a July wedding!)

The only snag is that the shop called me today to say that the dress is discontinued so it cannot be ordered (it is a Mon Cheri Destinations dress.) They said that they are cleaning the sample that everyone's tried on for me and replacing the broken zipper (the reason why I am holding it shut in the pic). I am okay with this but I am wondering if they should offer a discount since it is a floor model that would have normally been discounted once the dress was discontinued. What do you all think? :confused:

Me.jpg

You should definitely ask for a discount on the dress. If not I would suggest as the previous poster looking online or at another store. Chances are if the dress if discountinued they'd want to get rid of it and would bargain down if you threaten to look elsewhere.

cutiebugNY - I love your choice. It would be my dream dress too (if I was about 60 pounds lighter:sad1: )

I finally found my dress!!! Everyone kept telling me I would know as soon as I put it on and that's exactly what happened. It's from David's Bridal.

Here is the front:

davidsbridaltake2001.jpg

The back:

davidsbridaltake2003.jpg

davidsbridaltake2024.jpg

And a couple side views with my veil:

davidsbridaltake2004.jpg

davidsbridaltake2021.jpg

Thanks for your advice! I wound up asking them about a discount but they were only willing to take 10% off AND they were going to make me pay for the alterations to fix the dress. :headache: I am disappointed because I really liked that dress but I wasn't willing to be ripped off over it. So I went to a different shop today and got another dress. I don't have a good picture of it yet but I will post one once I do.

I finally found my dress!!! Everyone kept telling me I would know as soon as I put it on and that's exactly what happened. It's from David's Bridal.

Here is the front:

davidsbridaltake2001.jpg

The back:

davidsbridaltake2003.jpg

davidsbridaltake2024.jpg

And a couple side views with my veil:

davidsbridaltake2004.jpg

davidsbridaltake2021.jpg

That's my dress! You look a lot better in it than me though. I go for my first fitting next Thursday! Congrats!

Lizby -- I love the dress you posted, it would be perfect for a summer wedding, I'm sorry the store wouldn't give you any discounts!! Post your new dress when you get a chance, I'm sure it's even more beautiful.

tlhbdm -- I'm sure you look beautiful in the dress, but thanks for the kind words. Do you have any pictures of you in it yet? It's a gorgeous dress, I knew it was the one as soon as I walked out of the dressing room and looked in the mirror. My problem is that I'm short and I didn't want a lot of the bottom cut off so I'm wearing a very full slip and a taller heel so they only have to cut an inch or so off. My fittings don't start until early January, my wedding isn't until April 2008.

tlhbdm - You look just as beautiful..I love your long veil. When you go to your fitting try it on with a fuller slip, it really makes the bottom fill out and lay perfect so you can see all the design.

CutieBugNY - Is your wedding color pink? I love your dress with the white flowers but if your girls are going to be in pink, a pale pink rose on your dress would be very pretty. It might make the dress pop a little bit more. It's a gorgeous dress!!

Ok here's a picture of my new dress...it is all paid for and in my possession so this is definitely THE dress! :woohoo: I am a little short for it so I guess I will have to find shoes with heels.

Me3.jpg

tlhbdm you really do look beautiful in your dress, especially with that veil! If you look this nice just trying it on, imagine how lovely you will look and feel on your wedding day! :cutie:

Here are some pics of my dress!:goodvibes When I got it the sales lady called it the "Belle" dress from Beauty and the Beast:cloud9:

P8120082.jpg

P8120035.jpg

P8120066.jpg

Lizby, the new dress looks great on you. I can’t believe the shop only offered 10% off and was going to make you pay for alterations!

CuteBugNY, I personally think the dress looks best with the white roses. I would only go with the pink if you’ve seen examples of how it would look because pink would be nice on the dress in some shades but not others.

Jemmi, you look beautiful in the dress. I’m glad you found “the one.” Best of luck in your planning!

Tlhbdm you look beautiful in the dress as well. I would suggest as Jemmi suggested to try on the dress with a fuller skirt next time.

Not sure if I have enough posts yet to post a picture but this is a couple pics of my dress.

dress.jpg

2.jpg

Jemmi, I love your dress! It's gorgeous, and you look fantastic in it!

Hi Everyone!

I don't want to post my dress in my Planning Journal just in case Eric decides to read it. I am also going to save the full-length pictures of me in the dress for the wedding day itself, but I will post a close-up of me in it so you can see the detail work (that way the total picture will be still be a surprise to everyone!)

This is a picture with the model wearing the dress (except mine will not have the pleats in it):
Carrington_large.jpg

here is the close-up (don't mind the fact that my chest is crooked. I was squeezed into the sample size 10! :scared:)
IMG_11892.jpg

It's called Carrington by Augusta Jones

I love it!!! I went to The White Dress By the Shore in Clinton, CT yesterday with my mom expecting to be frustrated trying dresses on, but I had the best experience ever! I tried on a few, but this one just stood out (especially the V-neckline.) Everyone in the store kept saying how gorgeous it's going to look when it sparkles in the candlelight and how the silver/pearl/crystal beadwork will accent the Simply Chic collection and our wedding colors perfectly!

I can't believe I found "the one"!!!!! I highly recommend Beth & her team at The White Dress By the Shore! I can't say enough good things about them!!!:thumbsup2 We will definitely be getting the bridesmaid & flower girl dresses there. I'm just sooooo excited! :dance3:

I don't look quite as good as the model does in the dress, but I still have 6 months before my measurements are taken and 1 year and 4 months before the big day. I just have to keep at it! This is MAJOR thinspiration! :woohoo:

Here's my new one! I decided I didn't like my old one. woops! I'm not putting the flower on it though.

47b7d622b3127cceb8ca9f5b74b800000025101Aas3DRq4asZ

Here's me in it. I have to lose weight or have the seamstress let it out so it actually drapes on me like it does on the model!

I'm altering the sleeves to 3/4 length.
47b7d633b3127cceb9731d47540600000035101Aas3DRq4asZ

47b7d622b3127cceb8ca9f5d74be00000025101Aas3DRq4asZ

47b7d622b3127cceb8ca9f5ef58d00000025101Aas3DRq4asZ

I was married 10 years ago, but just found this thread. Some of these dresses you girls picked are just gorgeous!

I want to get married again :) (to my husband of course).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter