• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wedding dress pickle - would really appreciate opinions x

You look gorgeous in that and you can glam it up to make an overall individual look too. As your pics show, you don't need to go 100% non-traditional in order to be unique. Ultimately though, it's about your day and how you will feel. Picture yourself in both dresses and see which one feels right to you. Having £500 off can certainly add to the "feeling right" factor though. :thumbsup2

You look beautiful in the dress! However, I've ordered from Fairy Goth Mother before and they did a wonderful job with making sure my I was getting the right size because I live all the way in Canada, so I can't really try anything on either. Mind you that was 6 years ago when I was still in high school (heehee) but I doubt their service has changed at all!

Also it's your wedding you don't want to look back with regret.

Why not have your cake and eat it too. Wear the white dress for vows have your man dress in something dapper and dark. Then for reception change into the black dress or something similar that you'll love. This way you have both. Personally I think second dress looks fab on your. I think you could work it. Include lots of dark burgundy roses. I could so see you in the white dress and think you could make it work. It depends on if you want it to work.

I think Evi has summed it up perfectly. Maybe see if they would be willingt to change the colour of the sash around the middle to a dark purple shade that would compliment dark coloured flowers.

I think it looks fantastic on you. You could add black boa and change the lacing to black too if you wanted a little 'darker' look, and maybe see if they could replace the sequin bit at the waist with something a little more gothic??? I'm sure the shop could help you out with all of that.

I think the ladies have given you some lovely ideas. You look great in the white dress. Adding some touches of red/black to add the goth look and than get some deep red roses, with the white dress as a background will cause all that to pop.

You could get samples to see if you like the look of it all together.:goodvibes

You look stunning in the white dress, you also look elated and happy in the pictures. I as well vote for adding personal touches to the dress to reflect you as a person. Also, for your wedding if you will be surrounded by dark things and you aren't, you will look dynamite and for sure be the focus.

It seems like a good amount of us ended up in a dress that was not what we expected initially. That white dress looks rockin on you and you seem really excited about it. And obviously there are so many ways to accessorize it to fit your style. I would make the leap.

Thank you all sooooo much :love:
It has withstood you guys, my brutally honest 8yr old, my Mum and 2 of my dearest friends (no body else is allowed to see it)... and I do really love it.
Decision made!!! And only £250!

I cannot stop looking at the pictures! it's just such a weird dress to see myself in - so i guess i needed a bit of reassurance!

1 less thing to worry about and a total bargain too. :woohoo:

I wish this was facebook - i want to 'like' each of your comments (and i dont know how to do that multi quote thing)
But thank you all for taking the time to help me x :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter