Wedding day itineries

act1980

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Ok, so I have no idea what to do when on my day.

Would some of you mind posting a timeline of events of your day? It would certainly help me.

Thanks so much!! :)

We're having an Escape, and our day is going something like this...

12pm - 1pm - ceremony
1 - 1:30pm - cake
1:30 - 3:30 - pictures
3:30 - 6pm - going back to my family's timeshare, my mom is going to put out wine and cheese, just little snacks
6pm - 8pm - dinner at Ariel's!
8:30pm - 9:30pm - Dessert party at Epcot!

It's a long day! I didn't want people to leave and have to come back, and I don't want anyone changing so I figured we'd just continue the party throughout the whole day! haha.

Can I ask what time you are going to start getting ready, how long you are going to allow for that, what time the photographer is showing up etc..?:goodvibes

We're having an Escape, and our day is going something like this...

12pm - 1pm - ceremony
1 - 1:30pm - cake
1:30 - 3:30 - pictures
3:30 - 6pm - going back to my family's timeshare, my mom is going to put out wine and cheese, just little snacks
6pm - 8pm - dinner at Ariel's!
8:30pm - 9:30pm - Dessert party at Epcot!

It's a long day! I didn't want people to leave and have to come back, and I don't want anyone changing so I figured we'd just continue the party throughout the whole day! haha.

I'm having a Wishes wedding...

800-1100 - Hair/Makeup getting ready(just me and my mom)
1100 - Randy Chapman arrive for pictures
1120- limo picks up DFi and mom and takes them to WP
1145 - limo pick me and my mom up and takes us to WP
1200-1300 - Ceremony and pictures at WP with Family (guests will start making their way to the Beach Club Resort, Ariels)
1300-1400 - Cocktail/pre-reception at Ariels
1400-1800 - Reception
1800 - To the room! ;)

Here's mine:

11:30-2:30 Hair and makeup
3:00 p.m. First Look
3:30-4:30 Family pictures at the BWV
4:00- Groom to leave for WP
4:30- Bride to leave for WP
5:00- Ceremony
5:30- Group pictures
6:00- Guests leave for reception via Motorcoach
6:30- Bride and Groom Leave for Reception
6:30-7:30- Cocktail Hour
7:30-9:00- Dinner
9-10:30- Cake cutting and Dancing

Although we are not having a Disney wedding, i thought i would still post anyway. Our wedding is at Celebration hotel.

9am- Hair and make up for my mum, my bridesmaid and myself.

12pm- Wedding ceremony

1pm- Cocktail hour, cake cutting and photos

2:30pm-4:30 Wedding lunch

5:30pm- Chill out and get changed

6:30pm- Cirque du soleil

Rachel
x

Can I ask what time you are going to start getting ready, how long you are going to allow for that, what time the photographer is showing up etc..?:goodvibes

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Well, knowing me I will be like a kid on Christmas morning and get up super early! I will probably get up around 7am just to make sure everything is in tact, make sure we're not missing anything, everything is together, and of course shower. I am not sure what time hair/makeup is coming (we have Patricia LeJuene), but she gave us a ready time of 10:30 and there is 6 of us getting hair and makeup done, so I imagine no later than 9. We have Misty booked for photography, she will actually meet us at the WP, as we only have her for 4 hours. My dad does photography as a hobby and he has a Canon Rebel, so he will take care of any getting ready shots I may want.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

We are looking to have our ceremony at 12pm. This should last 15 minutes. Then we plan to have our photos until 1.30pm which is when our cocktail hour starts.

My question is this, do you think our guests will have a problem waiting around for the pre reception?

Thanks!:goodvibes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

We are looking to have our ceremony at 12pm. This should last 15 minutes. Then we plan to have our photos until 1.30pm which is when our cocktail hour starts.

My question is this, do you think our guests will have a problem waiting around for the pre reception?

Thanks!:goodvibes
The whole point of the pre reception is so your guests have something to do while you and the groom are taking pictures. So your guests shouldn't be waiting for you they will be having some drinks and munching on some appetizers. Then you can join in twards the end of the pre reception.

Now you could do what I'm doing which is having a short ceremony and use the extra time to get all your pictures (formals, family, etc) and still make it to the pre reception with enough time to enjoy it. The party is important to us so we will sacifice some pictures so we can enjoy everything!

The whole point of the pre reception is so your guests have something to do while you and the groom are taking pictures. So your guests shouldn't be waiting for you they will be having some drinks and munching on some appetizers. Then you can join in twards the end of the pre reception.

Now you could do what I'm doing which is having a short ceremony and use the extra time to get all your pictures (formals, family, etc) and still make it to the pre reception with enough time to enjoy it. The party is important to us so we will sacifice some pictures so we can enjoy everything!

But then how do we get photo's of our guests? Especially the bridesmaids and groomsmen?

I have a 10AM escape ceremony:
Carolyn Allens- Coming the day before wedding to steam gown/suit

Tentative Wedding Day:
630am- Beaute Speciale coming to do my hair/makeup
830am- Randy Chapman showing up to take getting ready photos
8:30am- first transport of guests to ceremony via limo charter
9:15am- Bride and family transported to SBP for limos
10am-11:20am-Ceremony, cake cutting, family photos
11:20am- 1st transport of guests to polynesian for reception
11:45am- 2nd transport of guests to polynesian for reception
12:05pm- Bride and Groom transported to polynesian for reception.
12:10pm- Pictures at Polynesian
1:40pm- Reception Lunch at Kona Cafe

I have a 10AM escape ceremony:
Carolyn Allens- Coming the day before wedding to steam gown/suit

Tentative Wedding Day:
630am- Beaute Speciale coming to do my hair/makeup
830am- Randy Chapman showing up to take getting ready photos
8:30am- first transport of guests to ceremony via limo charter
9:15am- Bride and family transported to SBP for limos
10am-11:20am-Ceremony, cake cutting, family photos
11:20am- 1st transport of guests to polynesian for reception
11:45am- 2nd transport of guests to polynesian for reception
12:05pm- Bride and Groom transported to polynesian for reception.
12:10pm- Pictures at Polynesian
1:40pm- Reception Lunch at Kona Cafe

this is cool to see. we are having a 10am ceremony, but it will be a while before we get to get down to business with our planner and get the "nitty gritty" figured out. in my mind heres where i am:

I'm hoping to be staying by myself (or maybe with my grandma if she can make it) at our "honeymoon suite" at the GF the night before

0600 i hope i can wake up and work out!!!
0700 begin beutifyin' (!!) - order breakfast/snacks/mimosas to the room
0830ish photographers arrive/getting ready
0915 Bride/ladies to WP
10-11 WP Ceremony/staged exit/some pics/guests begin returning to
GF/Whitehall room
1100-1500 brunch/reception. not sure entirely how this will all organize out
yet
1500 wave "tata" and go up to our suite which i hope mickey will have had
mousekeeping make up already and fill with flowers. heh.
we are contemplating chefs table that night, but its so much food and we can't really afford to host everyone, but it would be fun with family there... may do some parks stuff, just be together and hopefully kind of on our own.

next morning we've got the zero dark thirty wake up call to do a MK photo shoot, then we head off for the Disney Dream maiden voyage around 11am!

phew

I am so envious of your gals and your Disney Weddings. Congrats on beginning your Happily Ever After together.

My hubby and I have been together for 21 years this June. We married via JOP ceremony in 1992 with only a couple military friends and one of my BFF's present.

We have weathered a few bumps and bruises along our journey but have decided to have an actual wedding ceremony. (with only our 3 daughters as bridesmaids-no groomsmen)

We know ALL (okay ALL of our DREAM elements) that we want for our renewal service. All of them include family and friends since we only had a couple there in 1992. But because of budget we may have to give up or scale back on a couple elements-darnit.

We hope to have it on our 25th anniversary (well our 25th anniversary of meeting-instead of our actual wedding date). At WDW of course. We started the planning/dreaming last year.
In a nut shell:
am ceremony- wedding gazebo
lunch at Brown Derby (with park entrance and special fast passes for all of our guests). It will be an old Hollywood Affair to Remember. ;)
afternoon in the park after lunch
dessert reception at Fantasmic (with retro candy and childhood favorites for everyone)

Now we just have to start saving. I really want our Dream Ceremony to materialize. We have the "happily ever after" now we want the shindig to go along with it and to share the whole thing with our families and friends.

We just had a small memories wedding Oct - just us and our 2 girls

8 get up

9 We had a table service breakfast booked at our Disney resort restaurant

10 back to the villa to get ourselves ready

11.30 Randy arrived to do pre wedding photos

12.15 the Disney limo picked us up

12.35 arrived at the grand Floridian, met with our coordinator, got flowers took some photos, the officiant

1 got married :) (ceremony was only 20mins)

2.20 finished photos and had a chill out at the poolside bar

2.50 limo took us back to our villa to goth up a bit

3.20 we set off to the magic kingdom in our wedding gear for MNSSHP ( we got married on Halloween day)

4.20 we had a dinner reservation at Cinderella royal table

5.30 - midnight ish trick or treating, rides, fireworks, parades,

Loved loved loved every single second of that day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter