Wedding Day Hair and Make Up?

SugarPlumFairyUK

Mouseketeer
Memories wedding booked for July 2013 :):) can anyone recommend hair and make up? We are staying at Saratoga and I know that the Buena Vista Palace directly across the street has a hairdressers and beautician (I think it's called cosmetology in the US??). Although I see that you can also have somone come to you for these services at your resort hotel. Thing is, I don't have long hair (for an 'up do') so I was thinking of more of a shampoo and styling (my hair is in a 'bob' style and pretty straight!) although I may try and grow it a little to perhaps have some ringlet type curls put in with the straightening irons. If I have someone come to me in my hotel room, there probably wont be many options for me in terms of hair style - though it sounds appealing as it would be easier.... I'm also thinking that it probably wouldn't be beneficial for someone to come to me (business wise) as it will just be me ..... any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm wondering about this too since it will be just me as well. When are you getting married? I'm July 26.

I know many of the girls here use Beauté Spécialé (myself included) or Patricia Lejeune. They'll both come to your hotel room even if you're the only one having your hair/makeup done.

I know many of the girls here use Beauté Spécialé (myself included) or Patricia Lejeune. They'll both come to your hotel room even if you're the only one having your hair/makeup done.

Thank you - I have checked out BS's website and they look very professional and will also visit Disney properties so I think I will see if they are available. I hope they can perform miracles!! :rotfl:

SugarPlumFairyUK said:
Thank you - I have checked out BS's website and they look very professional and will also visit Disney properties so I think I will see if they are available. I hope they can perform miracles!! :rotfl:

Lol I'm hoping they can too!

I am using Beaute Speciale and good news(!) - they can do short hair in a resort room. My mom has short hair and just wants a blow dry and style, and they said they can absolutely do that. They requested that she wash her hair right before they come. The cost is $60 for short hair (subject to change, but that's what I was quoted).

Also, regarding airbrushing, the gal I spoke with at Beaute Speciale said that airbrushing is best for people with oily skin, or for those that want a "matte" look (versus a "dewy / fresh" look with regular make-up).

Also, regarding airbrushing, the gal I spoke with at Beaute Speciale said that airbrushing is best for people with oily skin, or for those that want a "matte" look (versus a "dewy / fresh" look with regular make-up).

Thanks so much for that information! :) I read that airbrushing is good for hot weather so thought that might help in the Florida sunshine :beach:

I highly recommend Janet Mednick of Onsite Beauty. She did my hair and makeup three times during our VR trip. Twice it was just me having it done and on the actual day, we had 2 adults and 2 kids. She was awesome to work with. I can't say enough good things about her.

I second BethieTink - also used Janet and she was great - I was the only one - she did hair and make up - :thumbsup2

when we had all the paperwork cone through there was a tick box for hair, makeup and nails. I just ticked the boxes and a lovely lady arrived in the day to do all three and mother in laws make up. this was 7 years ago, I have no idea of her name but I trusted who ever Disney sent. I also had someone come and steam my dress as it had traveled fromitted the UK. Xx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I highly recommend Patricia LeJeune. She listens to what you like or want, and does an amazing job matching your inspiration photos. I used her for my engagement photo shoot in June, my hair and makeup lasted in the 90 degree, high humidity day (and it rained a bit) for 11 hours and it still looked fresh. I booked her for my wedding day and she style 3 of us, again the hair and makeup lasted all day and into the wee hours. I can't say enough good things about the products, but also her - she is just wonderful!

The only vendor I did not love was Beaute Special. My makeup all ran off my face onto my dress and I had raccoon eyes from the eye makeup melting down my face. My hair & makeup looked great in the room but as soon as I went outside it melted off. It was awful! My hair had a LOT of hairspray and it got all sticky. If I had to do it over, I would choose another vendor and get airbrush makeup and an up do. Our wedding was in the morning, but our pics went until noonish.

I had a wonderful experience with Beaute Speciale. My mother, sister, niece and I all had our hair and make -up done by Jackie and Isa the morning (5:30 am) of our wedding. Our wedding was in June, and my make-up stayed on all day (from the morning through our evening dessert party including probably two hours of outside pictures) with no problems. We did all get the air brushing, and I would highly recommend that.

Jackie and Isa were very fun to hang out with. I felt like they were old friends. It was a great, stress-free way to start the morning.

I loved how I looked on my wedding day and I plan on using Beaute Speciale again in the future when DH and I do an anniversary shoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter