wedding costs

magicalmemories2010

Earning My Ears
If i really wanted to stay at budget which is 25k how easy is that to do.? Does anyone have a budget list that has already had a wishes wedding?

It depends on multiple factors. How many guests do you expect to have? What day of the week and time of day do you want? What time of year? Are you looking for a traditional evening reception with open bar and dancing or are you OK with a casual brunch earlier in the day?

This info will help us give you tips on saving money. :thumbsup2

Here's the thread with everyone's budgets in it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182201

right now our guest list is for 62. we doubt that many people will show up but that is what we are going with. we are looking at a saturday in march of 2014 i really wanted to have a afternoon wedding with a lunch reception with open bar and dancing. I also wanted a dessert party as well but im not sure if that is going to happen. :worried:

is 25k your whole budget? or just for the wishes section. [i.e, is that to include your flights, dress, hair/make-up etc]

if just wishes, i think you could probably stick to that budget if you were willing to cut back on things like speciality transport and characters. having a dry reception is also a big money saver, especially for that number of guests!

I think it is definitely doable. We had 59 people for a Saturday afternoon/dinner wedding with an open bar and welcome dessert party the night before and it came to $33k. The dessert party alone was about $5K though.

We had a wishes event for 60 guests, on a Friday night in November, we had Mickey, we used the Rolls Royce, had a plated meal and a full bar, and had a dessert party the night before as our welcome party, and our total final bill from Disney was about $24K for all of those things. We used Disney for floral, decor, DJ, etc (all included in the price above). On top of that 24K, we paid for an outside photographer, the officiant, I paid for hair and make up for me, my mom, my bridesmaids, my mother in law, and my sister in law.

Our daughter had a wishes wedding for 50 people on a Sat morning with a pre reception + regular reception at the Grand Floridian wedding pavillion and GF ballroom. She had a DJ with buffet style meal. No bar since it was early in the day, but did have unlimited soda and juice bar. We also had Major Domo who arrived at the wedding with the rings in a glass slipper and we also had Mickey and Minnie come to the reception. The wedding came to around $19,000. This also included all the flowers, but no hotels or Photographer (That was taken care of separate) . Did include Limo service though.

We are having a wishes wedding on a Saturday morning with a lunch reception and dessert party and our BEO came in at about $19K. That was for about 45 people. I found to save money, cut the flowers, have a lunch buffet and bring your own photographer...sorry Disney Photography (you do wonderful work!)... I am bringing my own photographer and all I am paying for is her flight and hotel. I guess it all depends on the package that you are looking for.

My BEO included buffet with action stations, bus transportation for guests, linens, centerpiece rentals, DJ, Mickey Mouse appearance, Epcot Portrait Session, gifts for guests and use of Sea Breeze Point for the ceremony. I also got Disney Photography for the Dessert Party. I think for the money, we got a great deal.

I did a lot myself including seating cards, table cards, part of the centrepiece and cake topper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter