• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding announcements

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
Hey all, I need a good suggestion on where to get some disney announcements. My fiance and I are having an intimtate wedding...very small with just family. My mom suggested to send out announcments after the wedding...

I made my own...it was so easy!!

I found plain white cards to print on, downloaded a Disney font style, and put our favorite picture from our Disneymoon on the front.

On the inside it said something like:

We went away for a much needed vacation
and tied the knot in a MAGICAL location.

XXXXX and XXXXX were married on
September 20, 2005
at Sea Breeze Point at
Disney's Boardwalk Inn

I also printed out the info to where my wedding photos were so they could see them.

And I put this pic on the front:
goofy_wed0001.jpg

So many folks said that the pic was just so "fitting" for us! :teeth:

I sent out about 25 announcements and I think it cost about $25. The biggest cost was the plain cards, we got reprints of the photo at Sam's Club four about 17 cents each.

hiwaygal said:
I made my own...it was so easy!!

I found plain white cards to print on, downloaded a Disney font style, and put our favorite picture from our Disneymoon on the front.

On the inside it said something like:

We went away for a much needed vacation
and tied the knot in a MAGICAL location.

XXXXX and XXXXX were married on
September 20, 2005
at Sea Breeze Point at
Disney's Boardwalk Inn

I also printed out the info to where my wedding photos were so they could see them.

And I put this pic on the front:
goofy_wed0001.jpg

So many folks said that the pic was just so "fitting" for us! :teeth:

I sent out about 25 announcements and I think it cost about $25. The biggest cost was the plain cards, we got reprints of the photo at Sam's Club four about 17 cents each.

Where can you download Disney font??? I'm trying to make my own invitations. Thanks :) :) :)

SRUAlmn said:
Where can you download Disney font??? I'm trying to make my own invitations. Thanks :) :) :)

I don't remember exactly where I got mine, but if you google Disney fonts, lots of options come up!

the font I used is called waltograph and I think we downloaded it from dafont.com

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! I never could figure out how to add it to your fonts currently on your computer, but when I did a google search, one of those sites said how to do it :) :)

Have you thought about this? Here's how mines turned out...

Save the Date - sent only to those attending our DFW

save%20the%20date.JPG

Wedding Announcement - sent to all of our family/friends who could not travel. We mailed these from FL on our wedding day.

wedding%20announcement.JPG

FL - Wedding Day Program

wedding%20day%20program.JPG

FL -invitation

wedding%20invitation.JPG

That is really cool...I'm definately going to look into something like this...Thanx so much MEME!! Did you make these yourself? If not where did you get them?
chase

we made our own announcements to send afterwords to our extended family, etc. ill post a picture next week.

we included our wedding date, a cute saying, a photo & our new address on the announcement.

toyotaae86lg said:
That is really cool...I'm definately going to look into something like this...Thanx so much MEME!! Did you make these yourself? If not where did you get them?
chase

Yes, I did all of our stationary for our wedding. It was fun and I love creating things!!!

MeMe,
I LOVE your invites, etc... Where did you get the Disney logo and font to do these?

I also saw a thread previously of someone who offered to do invites that had a M & M cut out with wedding rings in between. Way cool ! Can anyone help me find this person ?

MeMe,
I LOVE your invites, etc... Where did you get the Disney logo and font to do these?

I also saw a thread previously of someone who offered to do invites that had a M & M cut out with wedding rings in between. Way cool ! Can anyone help me find this person ?

Um, I think I did a google search on Disney logos to grab that and the font I downloaded from dafonts.com. I think the font name is Walto graph or something like that. Let me know if you need some help finding these.

I purchased all of my card stock paper/stationary from Target. Plus, I didn't purchase most until like August and they were drastically discounted to about $4.00 per box of 25ct sets. Congrats and Good Luck! :)

We did ours ourselves as well. We bought stationary (the exact same as MEME's) from Walmart... they had it on sale at 50 invitations and 50 response cards with envelopes for 4 dollars. We bought quite a few boxes and printed them out (seriously didnt take any time whatsoever). They were all beautiful and saved us a TON! We didnt even go through an entire ink cartridge (which we thought we would). We used these for our at-home reception.

Im all about saving money and doing it yourself...:woohoo:

(I dont mind to post a photo as soon as my photobucket bandwidth renews on the 14th)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter