• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding Anniversary - Does WDW do anything special?

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
It will be our 14th wedding anniversary when we get to Disney in Oct. :love2:

Is there anything special that they do for you?

We went for our 10th anniversary in December, and when I booked the room I told them it would be a special occasion. When we checked in we got a certificate from the manager of the hotel inviting us to enjoy 2 complimentary glasses of champagne in the hotel bar/lounge to celebrate. :love:

DH and I went to WDW last year to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary (hey...we'll use any excuse to visit WDW!) and on our Anniversary we mentioned to the counter at Epcot's American Pavilion that it was our Anniversary. They gave us a free slice of Apple Pie Ala Mode!! I thought that that was really neat!

Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Please don't expect anything special because you might be disappointed. On any given day there must be thousands of guests celebrating special occasions. There is no "routine" thing that happens ----- it depends on a Cast Member. Sometimes magic happens. :earboy2:

We were there lst Oct for our 25th and the moring of our anniv. the manager

of the CBR stopped by with a personalized autographed pic of Mickey and Minnie with the castle behind them!!

We thought that was pretty neat!!!

If you want something special arrange and pay for it yourself. Yes pixie dust is sometimes sprinkled on guests celebrating a special occasion but don't set yourself up for disappointment. WDW can't do something special for everyone.

We just got back from our 20th. I mentioned it to teh CM when I made the reservations, and EVERYONE, from the security guard at the parking lot gate, to the valets, to the Front Desk, gave us a big "Happy Anniversary!" When we got to our room, there was a bottle of chilled cider, a balloon bouquet with mylar balloons, and a personalized, autographed picture of Cinderella and Prince Charming! It was very special to us! We felt like family! Then the second night, when we returned to our suite, there was a tray of tuxedo strawberries, and a bottle of champagne! I made little Thank You cards before I left (I always give them out at WDW) and I added a little heart lollypop to each one. It was a truly magical experience! Make sure you mention it to the server on your actual date, and they will usually do a little something special for you. THe CM'S are an amazing group of people! They make you feel like you two are the only guests in the entire resort/park! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

5 years ago my aunt was making ressie's for CBR. She had a very friendly CM and they got to chatting and she mentioned that it was her 25th anniversary and that they had spent there honeymoon at WDW. Well she upgraded my Aunt and Uncle to wilderness lodge for free. :love:

safetymom said:
If you want something special arrange and pay for it yourself. Yes pixie dust is sometimes sprinkled on guests celebrating a special occasion but don't set yourself up for disappointment. WDW can't do something special for everyone.

So true SM! We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in September and we will be doing the Intimate Fairytale Vow Renewal through Disney with 8 of our family and friends. We will renew our vows at Sunset Pointe at the Poly followed by a cruise on the Grand 1 Yacht then a reception at Chef's De France and a private Illuminations Dessert party at UK in Epcot. This will be pricey (I'm still trying to get DH off the ceiling) but worth every dime, it will be a once in a lifetime experience!

HI,
Something I did for our 35th anniversary was take along an anniversary card .
I had all the characters we met and cast members sign the card and it's a very special momento! We didn't get any special treatment at DW but at the Orlando airport we received an upgrade to first class!

Enjoy your anniversary stay at DW! :love:

We got a lot of congratulations! CM's were really nice, but nothing "free" was given to us. We had a magical time!

We are planning to return for our 6 year anniversary this October, and we are bringing our toddler. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time again.

WDW is such a special place to celebrate family bonds and special occasions. Don't be upset if you don't get any freebees (lots of people do, but lots of people don't)...just enjoy!

Congratulations!! :cheer2: :love:

My husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon. I mentioned it when i made reservations and when we got down there, the CM behind the counter mentioned it but that was all. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

We went for our honeymoon, and we wore ears.... nothing free, lots of congrats though. Went back for our anniversary, and had only mentioned it to CRO, and received comp glass of champagine at the WL lounge.

I agree with the other poster.... if you want it, order it or bring it with. the disney florist does some great things. We had the candy cake..... and it was gr8

I have celebrated many anniversaries in WDW. I normally don't say a word about it to anyone except for my family. I plan my own celebrations just like Kda, Safetymom, and the others have advised. It is excellent advice and has not let me down.

For my 20th anniversary last Fall, I did just like Treehugger is doing -- I booked a Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal. It was magical beyond words, but that was because it was carefully planned out by my FTW Sales Manager, my GF Event Manager, and a cast (as in Cast Members) of thousands. Nothing was left to chance and the events came off flawlessly. It made all the planning that went into my anniversary celebration well worth the effort.

Mommykds, I wish you a wonderful wedding anniversary and many, many (many) more to follow.

Ah Janet, I bow to you :worship: I read your trip reports and your VR sounded simply amazing! Our VR is on a MUCH smaller scale, but I am so looking forward to it! Your right of course, I don't want to leave anything to chance. Twenty years of marriage is really something to celebrate!

My wife and I stayed at the Poly for an anniversary a few years ago, and I mentioned it when making the reservation because we had honeymooned at the Poly. The day of our anniversary we received a gift basket full of snacks and a rose with a card from the Poly staff. That night we ate a the castle and when making the PS I mentioned it to the CM. We received a set of etched glasses with The CRT insignis on them and a congratulations card.

I appreciate the info on these ceremonies. With packages starting at $3000+ it is beyond our means. I wish they would come back with the renewal service at the Garden Grill.

My fiancee and I had gone to Disneyworld to celebrate our anniversary....couldnt think of a more magical place then Magic Kingdom for the actual DAY.
Anyhow, we had mentioned during priority seating that it was our special day. Lunch was at the Plaza on Mainstreet and we got several wishes of congratulations which was nice. THEN, we went to Cinderellas Royal Table for dinner. Not only did they decorate our table with streamers and tons of mickey confetti, but I could tell they paced our dinner slowly (saw several tables who were seated after us leave before us), they sat us near the window and we were able to watch Wishes from our table while we enjoyed our dinner!. They also pipe in the music and dim the lights which made everything even more romantic! Then, as if this wasnt enough...our waiter brought out a box at the end of Wishes and said in his CHARMING italian accent "My lady and lord, Cinderella and I would like to offer you a present to celebrate your special day." Inside were two pretty champagne flutes witht he CRT logo on them....it really completed the experience!
We left on air after such a beautiful time, and by the time we left it was about anhour past close...the crowds had cleared some, and the lights illuminating all the lands were just magical as we strolled hand in hand towards the exit! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter