Website to find People

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
Every once in a while I have seen a website posted here that has all sorts of information on people like current and former addresses and all sorts people associate with them like family and roommates. Can anyone tell me which website would do this (without a fee!). My mother is looking for a childhood friend and I think I have found her but don't want to have her make the call unless I can verify it. I have several old addresses but haven't been able to find anything to connect her to this current one.

Facebook! I spent years trying to find my oldest brother who I hadn't seen or heard from in 16 years on those people finding sites. Never could find a free one though. Anyway, my brother found me on Facebook 2 years ago. He sent me a message saying sorry if this sounds weird but are you my little sister :goodvibes

A lot of people use Facebook and the person who you are looking for may not have one but it's worth a shot. Even if their profile is set to private you can still send them a message. Good luck!

Facebook! I spent years trying to find my oldest brother who I hadn't seen or heard from in 16 years on those people finding sites. Never could find a free one though. Anyway, my brother found me on Facebook 2 years ago. He sent me a message saying sorry if this sounds weird but are you my little sister :goodvibes

A lot of people use Facebook and the person who you are looking for may not have one but it's worth a shot. Even if their profile is set to private you can still send them a message. Good luck!

Thanks but that hasn't been able to help. Not a generation that has many people on FB and the name of relatives are too common for it to be much help.

There is a specific site I am thinking of that comes here every once in a while-- usually because people are upset that there is so much information on them so easily available.

ETA: Way cool about finding your brother. I have found some really great friends from the past that I thought I would never ever hear from again. I have been luck that FB has been a great way for me to reconnect with people.

http://www.spokeo.com/

You might be looking for Spokeo.com. I was originally led to this site from the Disboards and by putting in my name, it provides way more information about me than I am comfortable having out there.

Hope this helps.

www.peoplefinder.com

www.peoplefinders.com

Or just Google the person's name.........both as a regular search, and as a image search.

I always laugh when people are outraged at how much information about them is public...........always has been, the internet just made it easier to access.

It has become extremely difficult to get any usable information for free. The pay sites have bribed all the free sites to include just enough information to tease you and then link you to the pay sites. I've watched each of them fade into this mode.

I use http://www.whitepages.com/for research at my job...it doesn't always give you the person's phone # but does show you previous places that they've lived as well as people they are associated with (spouse and children I am guessing) and a general age group. That might help you know if you have the right person.

ETA I see that is sponsored by Spokeo.

Every once in a while I have seen a website posted here that has all sorts of information on people like current and former addresses and all sorts people associate with them like family and roommates. Can anyone tell me which website would do this (without a fee!). My mother is looking for a childhood friend and I think I have found her but don't want to have her make the call unless I can verify it. I have several old addresses but haven't been able to find anything to connect her to this current one.

Try checking the real estate tax site in the town she lives in. I tried for the longest time to find a childhood friend of my husbands and couldn't find anything but an address. Never a phone number though. I actually kept finding two separate addresses for her. I went to the towns website, which linked me to the real estate tax site and I found her address there. I ended up sending a note and basically said if this is you, here's my number. She called me about a week later.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I had tried every site mentioned here to get to the information I had. I think Carl is right that now they have mostly all become paid sites and that is why I can't find the site I was thinking of.

Try checking the real estate tax site in the town she lives in. I tried for the longest time to find a childhood friend of my husbands and couldn't find anything but an address. Never a phone number though. I actually kept finding two separate addresses for her. I went to the towns website, which linked me to the real estate tax site and I found her address there. I ended up sending a note and basically said if this is you, here's my number. She called me about a week later.

Good luck!

I think a letter is going to have to be the way this ends up. Mom tried calling the phone number I found and it is no longer in service. With so many people getting rid of landlines it is harder to find a phone number. But I think the address I have found is probably correct so hopefully she can send her a note and they can reconnect. I will try the real estate tax site and see if we can confirm the address before she sends something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter