• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Webinar

Trishtack

Mouseketeer
I am buying into BLT and seem to have a ton of questions. I only made the down payment at the beginning of the week.

A DIS member was kind enough to suggest I wait for the webinar to see if better incentives are offered. I contacted my sales agent today and he all but said that better incentives would be available.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what those might be? I am assuming they have had webinars before...

There is a threat about the Webcast on the Dis boards. You can hold off sending your signed documents in until you see the webcast and/or what new incentives are.

Typically, the webcasts offer things a few dollars better than what you can get without having watched them.

Sometimes, the incentives become much better with the large point contracts as well.

Definitely worth the wait!!!

I am buying into BLT and seem to have a ton of questions. I only made the down payment at the beginning of the week.

A DIS member was kind enough to suggest I wait for the webinar to see if better incentives are offered. I contacted my sales agent today and he all but said that better incentives would be available.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what those might be? I am assuming they have had webinars before...

I also purchased last week, and I am holding my contract until the webcast. I am guessing that the webcast will take another $2-$3 off my already discounted price of $110 per point.

Pin...dad can I ask how many points you bought. I choose 160 but am thinking of increasing it some.

If I've signed and returned my docs, is it too late to wait for the webinar? We haven't closed yet...

Pin...dad can I ask how many points you bought. I choose 160 but am thinking of increasing it some.

If you do increase and as long as Disney is still doing/allowing it, I suggest breaking up your points into mulitple contracts. When we bought we just had to have one of the contracts at least 100 pts (we bought in 100 BLT and 100 VGC). I don't remember if 200 was the minimum to do that break-up or not.

I am scheduled to participate in the webinar on Thursday. I signed up even though I'm not sure what it is. I've never done one! :confused3 Is this only for people interested in buying in or adding on? I'm not ready to add on again (want to wait until later this year), but if there's a good deal I might. But I'm interested only in HHI points. Would there be an incentive for this resort?

I am scheduled to participate in the webinar on Thursday. I signed up even though I'm not sure what it is. I've never done one! :confused3 Is this only for people interested in buying in or adding on? I'm not ready to add on again (want to wait until later this year), but if there's a good deal I might. But I'm interested only in HHI points. Would there be an incentive for this resort?

I signed up for it too, and have no idea what it is!! I am really not at the point that I can financially swing an add on, but I wanted to know what it was all about.

I'm signed up for Thursday and hoping for a good AKV deal! I'm not holding my breath after the relatively lame deal from the last web-thing, but I'm still hoping it's something better than the current incentives. I'd rather have bigger discounts than free stuff, like the cruise. We'll see!

I'm not sure if this is any help but my DVC salesman called me this week with a March only offer - you get to pick a cruise (the amount of nights depends on how many points you purchase) or you get a certain dollar per point discount off the purchase price plus they double your points for the first year. For instance, if I purchased 200 pts for AKL, I would get $3,000 off the price plus I would get 400 points for 2010 instead of 200. I'm not sure if you can mention this to your sales person but he said it was being offered for March.

Webinars usually have an additional discount to your buy-in price by about $2-3 per point.

If you do increase and as long as Disney is still doing/allowing it, I suggest breaking up your points into mulitple contracts. When we bought we just had to have one of the contracts at least 100 pts (we bought in 100 BLT and 100 VGC). I don't remember if 200 was the minimum to do that break-up or not.

Yes, they do still allow it. We just added on last week & had the points split into 2 lumps, partially because we have 2 kids & partially for potential resale options/value.

I'm not sure if this is any help but my DVC salesman called me this week with a March only offer - you get to pick a cruise (the amount of nights depends on how many points you purchase) or you get a certain dollar per point discount off the purchase price plus they double your points for the first year. For instance, if I purchased 200 pts for AKL, I would get $3,000 off the price plus I would get 400 points for 2010 instead of 200. I'm not sure if you can mention this to your sales person but he said it was being offered for March.

I am guessing your UY is March or later. SO, technically, you aren't getting double points, but just 2009 points as well, which is normal and not a special. I'm ready for the webinar, but only b/c we are ready and I want to see what else they can offer. I don't know if we'd do the cruise as we have a little one- so that would depend on when it would need to be taken by.

We bought 160 points at BLT last May. Within a month we added another 50 as we realized we couldn't ever reserve a 1 BR. After our first trip in an MK studio, we realized something else. We do like views. So now the plan is always to reserve nothing less than a lake view even when we rent a 1 BR when we bring family with us. So addonitis might strike again. But of course our 100 AKV points don't really go far with a savanna view villa either. You know what that means, :eek: a double dose of addonitis! :rotfl:

I signed up for it too, and have no idea what it is!! I am really not at the point that I can financially swing an add on, but I wanted to know what it was all about.

I signed up for Saturday but I don't know what it is either. My husband has been out of work for 7 months now, so there is no way we can buy anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter