• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WebCertificate Dormancy Fee!

robinb

DIS veteran
I just looked at my Webcertificate account so I could use the MC to sign up for the Amazon special and I noticed that they have sucked $12 out of my account ($3 per month!) since I have not used it for a while. I remember, now, that they had this policy and I think it stinks!

So ... if you have a Webcertificate account make sure you use it or check on it and make sure you are not losing hard-earned money like I did.

Grrrr ....

This happened to somebody else a few months back. I know I need to get to the DS soon to turn mine into DD, but believe it or not, I'm NEVER at the mall!

Remember to read the fine print, everybody! Guess I always forget to metion that when new people ask about Webcerts....

Bummer you lost so much. :(
I got charged, too, but I only had a $1 left, thank goodness.

We just ran into this last night with the ford test drive mastercard.

BEWARE!!!
They are charging $3.00 per month after you have the card for 6 mo.

Fortunately they reversed charges for me as we had no way of knowing this. When I called she said it was printed on back of card. It isn't, I read her the back and she reversed. Yeah!

because it is illegal for them to to this in some states.

Check with your state att.general to find out.

I am glad that in TN this practice is outlawed.

Sorry it happened to you but to be sure find out if they can even do this in your state.

CVS tired to do this to me and I called them and had them reverse the charges.

Mal

dunningdisney,

At least you got your Ford debit card! I did the test drive, photo-copied the card and sent to to Ford. Weeks go by and no card. I called them and they had me fax my proof. Then they said I sent it too late even though I did the test drive before the deadline! I argued that everything was on time. The agent said he would get back to me and I expected a card in the mail. A month later no card, no call and the Ford promotional phone lines are shut down.

Gee, thanks Ford. That really makes me want to be a loyal customer.

Does anyone still have the phone number on that Ford card? Dh and I both did the test drives, then chopped up the cards and tossed them. Another reason for me to HATE Ford. I'd hate to think this is something that could show up on a credit report!!!!

Originally posted by DiznEeyore
Does anyone still have the phone number on that Ford card? Dh and I both did the test drives, then chopped up the cards and tossed them. Another reason for me to HATE Ford. I'd hate to think this is something that could show up on a credit report!!!!

Hmmmm...interesting thought. Since they were debit cards, I don't *know* if they would show up on a credit report.

The number on the back of the card is 1-866-326-8689.

We got the Ford Debit Cards and used them almost immediately to purchase Disney Dollars.

Thanks for the reminder on the Web Certificates. While I don't have anything in there now, next time I do, I'll make sure to use it so I can avoid those fees!
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Thank you for the number, Sue! I'm going to call and check. :)

I just checked and Webcertificate has taken $6 from mine! Gone to buy something and close that sucker down.

When I had called about the charges, I also asked about it showing up on our credit report. The girl said that it did not. I hope it really doesn't. I had read on the boards previously that it did that's why I asked.

Originally posted by dunningdisney
When I had called about the charges, I also asked about it showing up on our credit report. The girl said that it did not. I hope it really doesn't. I had read on the boards previously that it did that's why I asked.

It really shouldn't because "techinically" it is a debit card with your money in the account (even though it isn't always "you" who puts "your" money in the account). But just because technically it shouldn't is no guarantee it won't, I guess. I don't remember hearing about it showing up on a credit report. But I could have easily forgotten something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter