webcam at universal

florida fan

Earning My Ears
I haven't been here for a long time and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is still a webcam up at Universal. There use to be one but I don't remember how to get there.Thanks

I know there used to be one, but I don't think it has been there for a long time. If anyone knows of a webcam link for US or IOA, please let us know.

They are gone, they have been offline since 2001.

003.JPG

Good thing I got a use out of it before it was shut down.

USO2003, how did you get your own picture off the Universal webcam??

Does anyone know why they took them down? I really enjoyed seeing the people there even though I couldn't be there.Just knowing the fun they were having made me smile.

Originally posted by Aisling
USO2003, how did you get your own picture off the Universal webcam??

I called my brother, and said go on and get my picture. He never believed they were live cams. So that proved him wrong. Then he saved them and sent them to me.

Originally posted by Dznefreek
Webcams are gone. Just another "little extra" that many people miss.

Well Universal never paid for the service, a company called Preceptional Image payed Universal to keep the camera running.

I don't know if money became an issue, but the same company who did Universal's did Disney's and both cams are down and have been down for sometime now.

I last noticed the Citywalk cam online in late 2001 when Emeril was taping at CityWalk and on TV it said Live so I went to the CityWalk site and I was able to view the cam and see it was live.

The last time I tried to use USF's was when MIB opened to see the grand opening and it was offline I can't recall ever using it after that.

My picture above was taken March 1999.

I loved the webcam! I wish it would come back also. I used to check on my teenagers that way. They would call me at work from the bridge under Hulk, I would zoom in and get a visual on them as they waved to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter