Web Based Interview

roughcowboy25

Earning My Ears
Hello guys,

I am Jason and I am hearing impaired. I was very interested in Disney College program and had to read some suggestions through threads on this forum about web based interview. Last night, I had to answered on questions through web based interivews and just failed web based interview. I work at Target and Target have smiliar assements website look like almost same on web based interview but it is different questions. I believe i did answered mostly like "agree" and "disagree" often and I did clicked "netural" twice. Do you guys think that "Strongly Disagree or Strongly agree" able to answer the questions correctly? I think "Agree" and "Disagree" did not answer the questions correctly and it sound trick questions and answers about "agree/disgree". I am open minded to any suggestions or advice. I have to wait for another 6 month and Please aware of that i am very new to this web.

Thanks

Jason

Hey man, I just took the web based interview yesterday and passed it and I think it's more that you are consistent with your answers. They ask you the same questions a few times and you should always have the same answer.

Here's and example:
I am rarely late
It bothers me when I am late for work
I have never been late for work

So if you are rarely late, you should put Strongly agree and then you should put strongly agree on the other two also so your answers are consistent. I put mostly strongly agree/disagree on mine very few just agree/disagree. Good luck next time! You can do it!

Disneyscooner,

I tried to pm you in private message but it won't let me because I am new member to this website. I just want to share private. Can you pm me please?

my son did this the other day and failed. They say to say honestly and he did. I was there with him when he took it and either agreed with most of the statements or strongly agreed. He only disagreed a couple of time or was nuetral a couple of times. Here is the problem I see. The first part is multiple choice, so you can give honest answers but that last part is the agree disagree stuff and there is no inbetween. an example. I am never late. or It's important to always be ontime. my son is very punctual and never late for anything so he said as much. but the always and never terms are way too specific and leave no wiggle room. Frankly this web based interview stuff is silly. It;s just a way to not have someone to an initial interview. I also have a problem with a company that hires someone sight unseen and with this new way of doing the CP, that's exactly what happens.

The biggest thing with the WBI is consistency. Also, it's a good idea to practice it once before hand. What I did was have my roommate go through the application process, then I took the interview under her name for practice and passed. I'll apply for real for SA '12.

Honestly, it wasn't too difficult. I'm kind of shocked at the amount of people that fail.

I agree consistency is key with the web-interview. Reading comprehension seems to be most peoples downfall, a question slightly worded differently should be answered the same as the one that came before it and meant the same thing.

I agree consistency is key with the web-interview. Reading comprehension seems to be most peoples downfall, a question slightly worded differently should be answered the same as the one that came before it and meant the same thing.

To add to my post and yours,

Another tip I read on here is to have someone sit with you and read the questions aloud. I did that when I practiced (roommate read them to me).

Also, maybe your nerves got the best of you?

Someone told me the web based interview was timed. I'm really hesitant to believe that, but I just wanted to clear things up for sure- it isn't timed, is it?

I'm sure the person meant that there are certain questions that are timed, in which case, yes, they are right. Some questions you have 30 seconds and others you have 50 seconds, I believe. I never felt rushed when answering a question either, I felt it was plenty of time to read the question a time or two before choosing your answer and moving on.

Yeah there's a spot on the application where you can write about past work. And they ask during your phone interview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter