Web-Based Interview Panic!

princessemily21

Unofficial Princess
I am actively trying not to freak out here, because I'm a little shocked and appalled about what happened to me today. I applied for a job at a certain company (at which toy animal carcasses are stuffed and dressed up by small children) for the summer. Before I even handed in my application, the general manager scheduled my interview and told me that I was exactly what she was looking for. I passed through the first three phases of the interview with flying colors, and then was ushered into the back office to take a Reed Survey. The questions were basic, and I remained consistent. I like to consider myself a reasonably intelligent, pretty honest person. I don't steal and I don't tolerate stealing under any circumstances. I don't believe in yelling at or being rude to customers/guests. I don't believe in physical fights. I don't take drugs. I've never been accused of or charged with a crime. My answers reflected those beliefs. I took the test, handed it in, and expected to be notified within 24 hours. That was a week ago. Today, I went back to the store convinced that something must have gone wrong, and was informed that my test showed that I was "Not Recommended for Employment." Um, seriously? Do you only hire felons and thieves and drug addicts? Because if so, cool.

Now, this is relevent. I promise. While seething in angry confusion and concern (they won't tell me why I "failed" and they have my SSN, so this mystery inadequacy could be forever attached to me), I started to panic about the WDWCP web-based interview that I know I'm going to be taking within the next six months. If it is anything like this Reed Survey, I'm assuming that morality does not factor into passing or failing. And if it does, well, then evidently I don't fit the standard. So my question to all CP applicants and alums is this: How is the WBI? If you're a generally decent human being, will you pass? Do they try and trick you on questions? Is there any way I can practice with it before I actually have to take it (January)?

I assumed that it wasn't going to be a big deal. Now, I'm freaking out.

Just like any test, there are tips and tricks.

First, there are a handful of questions that have a correct answer. For example, are you flexible? Many answer no because they think it refers to body flexibility. In fact it's referring to personal flexibility in terms of scheduling, adapting to change, etc. But if you answer it incorrectly, that can take you out completely (regardless of your other entries).

Second, there is a point value given to the answer. Answering most neutral will not typically accrue enough points to "pass." That doesn't mean avoid neutral, just make sure you utilize some of the "strongly" as well.

Third, there are a list of questions regarding background info, that most people would select no for (have you been charged for a crime, are you a felon, etc.). Following those questions they ask if you are willing to have a background check. If someone doesn't pay attention and marks this as no, then you're out. Can't work at Disney without a background check.

I am not familiar with the test that you took, but my assumption is that there are similarities among all employee web based interviews.

Was this Build-A-Bear Workshop? I worked there and kind of remember that test. It's not really like that. It's not like here's a situation, what do you do? kind of test for Disney. It's more about your ethics, self-confidence, how you compare yourself to others, etc.

In recent time many companies have started taking web based interview. The reason for this is more people are willing to relocate to find a good job and can go to far places for the same. So here web based interview helps the HR as well as the applicant both in terms of time and expenditure.
Only you have to speak confidently and should not panic. And then the job is yours.
But then every new thing needs practice. So for this web based interview also there are free online tests available. Following site is one of them.
http://www.career.vt.edu/interviewing/InterviewStream.html
Hope this would help you in practicing before the interview.

In recent time many companies have started taking web based interview. The reason for this is more people are willing to relocate to find a good job and can go to far places for the same. So here web based interview helps the HR as well as the applicant both in terms of time and expenditure.
Only you have to speak confidently and should not panic. And then the job is yours.
But then every new thing needs practice. So for this web based interview also there are free online tests available. Following site is one of them.
http://www.career.vt.edu/interviewing/InterviewStream.html
Hope this would help you in practicing before the interview.
agree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter