• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather????

eeudj

Mouseketeer
Which is in your opinion the most accurate weather site for the Disney World Area?

TIA!!!!!!

And if you don’t like the weather outside your window check again in 10 min - it’s probably changed :) - for an actual answer I like the weather channel - but I don’t know that it’s any better then any other forecast for Disney

If you're already there, one of the local news channels. If you are looking ahead - Noaa.gov

According to ForecastAdvisor:
Last Year
Provider - High Temp - Low Temp - Icon Precip - Text Precip - Overall
AccuWeather 90.67% 88.92% 79.10% 79.83% 84.63%
The Weather Channel 88.86% 90.70% 78.51% 79.25% 84.33%
Weather Underground 88.80% 90.57% 78.40% 78.40% 84.04%
MeteoGroup 86.56% 85.08% 79.43% 79.43% 82.63%
NWS Digital Forecast 85.58% 87.95% 76.73% 76.73% 81.75%
Foreca 85.87% 86.15% 76.52% 76.52% 81.27%
Dark Sky 81.26% 81.63% 75.97% 75.97% 78.70%
World Weather Online 48.89% 66.76% 69.34% 69.34% 63.58%

So even the "best" is wrong about the rain 21% of the time.

The best advice I give, as a Florida native, is keep your eyes to the sky. I also find the MyRadar app to be very helpful as you can watch the storms develop and plan out where you wish to be when the heavens open up.

Frankly, I don't think they're really any different. They all get their forecasts from one of a few places. Florida weather is quite unpredictable by nature, so any forecast beyond 48 hours is unreliable anywhoodles. For same day forecasts, even that is tricky. The thing I rely on most are my eyes (you can see storms building) and the radar...that tells a clear picture.

Nothing is particularly accurate more than a few hours out, but I find that the Dark Skies app is the most accurate.

I tend to use Weather Bug. It has a feature that shows lightning strikes in the area and how far they are from you. Other than that they all seem to be consistently the same.

I like the Dark Sky app because it alerts you if rain is coming, high winds, etc. I truly believe there is something about the Lake Buena Vista area that makes it almost impossible to accurately predict the weather.

Keep in mind it could pour in MK and the sun could be shining at AK. You can almost put $ on rain every day in summer somewhere on property.

Which is in your opinion the most accurate weather site for the Disney World Area?

TIA!!!!!!
They are all equally unreliable. I live right next to the parks and only bother checking Dark Sky shortly before heading out. Anything else is just a guess.

weather.com or Accuweather

I use the radar map and refresh the page a lot. That's when rain is a concern obviously. It gives you a good idea of what is coming, how bad, and how long.

While I don't use anything for the forecasts I too use Darksky to alert me when rain is on the way, and stopping.
It's remarkedly accurate.

I like the Dark Sky app because it alerts you if rain is coming, high winds, etc. I truly believe there is something about the Lake Buena Vista area that makes it almost impossible to accurately predict the weather.

Keep in mind it could pour in MK and the sun could be shining at AK. You can almost put $ on rain every day in summer somewhere on property.
Replace that with "the South" because our weather here in SE TN is equally unpredictable. May even be worse. I've never looked at their success, or lack there of.

Thanks everyone.... I know I will have a wonderful time whatever the weather. I will just pack in case of anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter