weather???

jschlicht3

Earning My Ears
Hi we leave on Saturday and I'm getting a little nervous. The weather for Orlando says warm 90 degrees but thunderstorms everyday. Has it been raining alot? Does it rain for long periods of time each day? I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal if it rained except our youngest is 15 months and will be in a stroller. I'm sure it wouldn't be fun to sit in a soaking wet stroller for the rest of the day. Thanks!!

I'll be there on Saturday, too! We're taking a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I got a clear, plastic rain shield for the strollers. I've read on the disboards that it's a good idea to cover the stroller while you're on the rides in case there is a surprise rain. I ordered mine online for $10 each, but I'm sure they have them at babies r us, or maybe Target or Wal-mart.

Leaving Saturday too! I bought ponchos yesterday, I hope we don 't need them! It seems like the heavy rains are going through now, according to Al Roker!

Thanks!! That's a great idea!! I'll check babiesrus tomorrow. Have a great trip, we are so excited!!!

We're leaving Saturday too. I was hoping by going at the end of September it would be a little cooler than 90 (we usually go in August). Sounds like NOT! Oh well, guess I'll be bringing the ponchos too!

Okay, so nobody really answered the question. Sooooo, how long have these thunderstorms been lasting? Are they one, two hours long? Or, are they fairly short? In the past when I've visited Florida, the afternoon thunderstorms would roll in for about 10-20 minutes and then the sun would come again. I can deal with that, but if they last several hours long, I'm gonna be :sad2: Are they only in the afternoons? My kids are early birds so we'll be at the parks fairly early. No rain in the mornings?

leaving on 7am flightin am from philly I don't want it to rain I don't like walking in wet shoes don't do flipflops and my 4 lb dog is so afrid of storms oh boy we made it aug for a week with no rain
maria

We leave Saturday also. And I have also be checking the weather almost hourly. Oh well, everything else for our trip is planned and pretty much packed. I guess I will obsess about the weather now.

Ponchos are packed. I was even thinking about getting some umbrellas and decided they would be more of a pain than useful.

I also wonder how long the rains will last. Look forward to hearing the news.

The rains, in past Septembers, don't last long. I was there last year and we only had 1 day of continuous rain.

OK - I have ponchos....extra shoes....stroller cover...ziplocs for camera/cash/etc to not get wet....

I was thinking about buying umbrellas to take with us too...

Are they allowed still?

Do you think that is a good idea?

Thanks

Okay, so nobody really answered the question. Sooooo, how long have these thunderstorms been lasting? Are they one, two hours long? Or, are they fairly short? In the past when I've visited Florida, the afternoon thunderstorms would roll in for about 10-20 minutes and then the sun would come again. I can deal with that, but if they last several hours long, I'm gonna be :sad2: Are they only in the afternoons? My kids are early birds so we'll be at the parks fairly early. No rain in the mornings?

The last few days they have been lasting atleast half an hour! And it has been pretty hot! I think it's a little bit cooler than the summer, not much though. If you don't live in Florida you will think it's very hot! The rain has been coming in almost everyday, and I think for the most part they have been between 1/2 hour to an hour.

Oh, I forgot to answer the second part of your question. Yes they have been in the afternoon/evening. I think the earliest I have seen it was around 3:00.

We are driveing down tomorrow morning. I hate to drive in the rain or even ride in the rain and it looks like when we hit Fl. it is going to be raining a lot. I really am begining to feel like I don't want to go. :confused: :headache:

We are driveing down tomorrow morning. I hate to drive in the rain or even ride in the rain and it looks like when we hit Fl. it is going to be raining a lot. I really am begining to feel like I don't want to go. :confused: :headache:

Please don't let the rain ruin your trip. Go with a great attitude and you will have a great time. It's only rain. Do not let it ruin your vacation!!!!

Oh, I forgot to answer the second part of your question. Yes they have been in the afternoon/evening. I think the earliest I have seen it was around 3:00.

Well, that's good to know. How many thunder showers are there per day? Once? Twice? I think we'll get alot done during the mornings. Afternoons might be a good time for us to go back to the hotel for naps anyway. I just got back from Target and bought my cheapo ponchos, so we'll be prepared. Now to just find a cheapo rain cover for our tandem stroller :headache: Crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain on the afternoon we are supposed to have our photo session at GF :goodvibes

Please don't let the rain ruin your trip. Go with a great attitude and you will have a great time. It's only rain. Do not let it ruin your vacation!!!!

I agree. We are leaving on Thurs. and I look at it this way. I'd rather be wet in Disney, than stuck at work.:rotfl:

ALL YOU PEOPLE !- Hopefully we'll get some rain every day you are here, but that is not anything to worry about, and most likely won't happen. Days where it rains all day don't happen often here... except during hurricanes...

Mornings beautiful!

Most of the afternoon- beautiful...

Early evening, maybe some showers but usually no rain!

Night, once in a while you'll get rain but don't worry about it.

Buy the ponchos at Disney if you need to, but they are better quality than the ones you'll find at the Discount stores. Then save them for the next trip!

Most importantly--- don't worry... BE HAPPY! Enjoy your vacation!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter