Weather? What clothes?

Mililani Mom

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We're going to Southern Cal in late May and will be in Anaheim in early June (woo hoo). Anyway, I'm having a really hard time figuring what to pack and wear. Looks like the morning is cold and then it warms up and then gets cold again. Do you think we need long pants and long sleeve shirts or can we get away with short sleeves, shorts and a jacket? I have to be honest and say, that we live in a tropical zone, where we "bundle up" when the temps drop into the 60s. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:confused3

When I have been at that time of year I usually wear a light zip up jacket or sweatshirt at night (but we are willing to stay in the parks till midnight, so it definitely cools down). I don't think I have ever worn pants at that time of year, but if you tend to get cold I would pack a pair or two just for evenings. Plus you never know- better safe than sorry!

So. Cal can sometimes get a "June gloom" which is what people call the weird, muggy, not very warm days. But most likely you will have great weather.

Enjoy your trip.

As a native San Diegan speaking, I typically wear the same thing no matter what time of year we visit. Jeans/capris and a tank with a light hoody and sandals (flip flops). The others that go along, usually wear shorts. My little one starts off with pants and a jacket and if it gets hot enough, then I'll change her to shorts; but when going back at night, she's back in her pants and a jacket - a heavier jacket if needed... and a blanket. Hope this helps!

My upper body tends to get colder than the rest of me. So in those types of temps, I'm usually good in shorts and a t-shirt during the day and then I bring a sweatshirt for if I cold in the morning or evenings. We like to rent a locker for stuff like that. I think layers are always good.

Hi All,

We're going to Southern Cal in late May and will be in Anaheim in early June (woo hoo). Anyway, I'm having a really hard time figuring what to pack and wear. Looks like the morning is cold and then it warms up and then gets cold again. Do you think we need long pants and long sleeve shirts or can we get away with short sleeves, shorts and a jacket? I have to be honest and say, that we live in a tropical zone, where we "bundle up" when the temps drop into the 60s. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:confused3

Seeing as how you find the 60's cold. I would try to tough it out in the morning, it will start to get warm at ten. If you need to, wear light, long pants. By the PM you will want a Tshirt. In the evening it is nice to throw on a sweat shirt or light jacket.

THANX,

You've all been so helpful! I'm trying to begin packing and pull out some clothes for myself and kiddies. I'm still remembering a trip to Cali during the Spring (Sea World, Legoland, Knotts and of course DISNEYLAND) and I only packed shorts. Needless to say, one of my big memories was being really, really cold at Sea World.

Another trip in mid June, I remember my kids playing at the fountain area in California Adventure Park and it was quite chilly (especially after they got wet). I guess I was thinking, June=Summer=Warm temps.

I guess I'll pack a few long sleeves and at least 3 pairs of pants and we'll use a windbreaker to layer. :cool1:

Up where I am in Northern California it has been unseasonably cool. We keep getting bouts of light showers and even sunny days have been cooler than normal. The Sierras are still getting snow. It seems Southern California has been cooler as well when I check the weather.
We're coming out of an El Nino winter so things can be unpredictable weather wise. I'd check the weather on-line just before you leave in case you need to through in an extra sweatshirt or something. I really like www.weather.gov/ ,it's the NOAA site, for weather forecasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter