weather stress!!!

disneydarling07

The answer to all worries-YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY!
So the day we leave and (so far) the day we are in the Bahamas, they are predicting thunderstorms!!
I really hope they are wrong!
What happens to excursions if the weather is bad? We booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin excursion but if there are going to be thunderstorms all day...will they cancel? Refund our money?

TIA!

If there are thunderstorms all day, they may very well cancel. If this is a Disney-booked excursion and it is canceled, the cost will be refunded to your on-board account. If you booked the excursion privately, you will need to check with your tour operator about their refund policy.

We had a Disney booked excursion (Mayan Ruins) cancelled due horrible thunder storms & very heavy rains. We were actually at the site & had started the tour, when the rains came. We waited probably an hour or so, but the rain just kept coming down & we were finally driven back to the ship. We all received refunds. Later that evening at dinner we overheard folks at the next table who booked the same exclusion, not though Disney, did not get refunds as the tour had "officially started".

look at florida and all nearby points south of that and you will see that every day, most days of the year even, there is a chance of rain. you can pretty much count on rain. and thunderstorms. however, it will also be nice and warm and in fact sunny, cloudy - all of the above. the ships are able to sail away from lingering heavy downpours a lot of the time, in 8 cruises (for more than more than 30 days), i can think of like 3 times of being "rained out" of activities and even then we are talking hours not the whole day or trip. once we had the sail away rained out, which wasn't ideal, but this is the weather of these areas - you will have a great time!

Hi - Just off the Wonder yesterday. Weather.com predicted rain and thunderstorms for our days at Castaway and Nassau. I found rain ponchos at the Dollar Store...AND....PERFECT weather, sunny and hot!!!! I was so happy! Hoping you have the same experience. (I checked the weather the day before our day at Castaway so even if it shows stormy weather, you may have bright sunshine!). ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter