Weather Report for 1/12 Cruise??

Trishqtpi

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

I've been reading how everyone has been keeping an eye on the weather, because it hasn't been so good....How can I check the weather of the 1/12 cruise? Our friends are on it, and I was wondering if they encountered "cooler" than normal weather, because it is Freezing here in Florida today!!! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Trish :earsgirl:

All I need is a link or someone who will tell me how to find weather on the 1/12 cruise that is still currently out...

Thank you to anyone who can help me! :earsgirl:

Have you tried weather.com? There isn't a live thread to post a question too right now.

What do I put for the area I am looking for, like CC, for example?

Thank you for your trying to help me!!

Is this the Wonder? The Bahamas would give you an idea. Grand Abaho island is close to CC.

I look at the weather all the time on the DCL web site at all the islands. Last night Eastern was having warmer weather than western. CC was just in the very low 60's for the high.

Lisa
:earsgirl: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Just got home from that cruise. Turned cold and windy yesterday morning. We were unable to dock at CC. Two years in a row now that we've missed it!

Samnick,

I'm going to be showing how much I don't know about cruising, but when you could not dock at CC did you just have an extra day at sea? That is not good. :confused:

Yes, this is what you do. Unfortunately a cold front moved through yesterday morning through the whole area. So basically it was cold and windy for the remainder of the cruise. They do have backup Navigators for a sea day. From what I understand missing CC doesn't happen that often. But we have a weather jinks that seems to follow us on vacations. I actually got to see it snow in Palm Beach, Florida a long time ago! So just let me know when your cruise is planned and we'll be sure to stay here in Michigan while you're on it and keep our weather jinks away!!!

I was on that sailing, too. Not only was it cold, it was ROCKY! We had very little sleep last night because of all the rocking. I was glad my husband, who worked 10 years on ships, was with me to tell me it was nothing to worry about!

Fun cruise anyway, though I'm sorry we didn't see CC.

What a TOTAL bummer to not be able to dock at CC!! Our friends just got here today as well, but I think they are in denial! They said everything was great and the weather was not that bad....!!! Then her DD said that she heard a rumor that they would get REFUNDS! I did not have the haer to tell her that you'll never see a refund because of that!! I got one last year, and only because of the hurricane, and because of the cancellation of the entire cruise!!!! But oh well, maybe it'll make them feel better after a bummer cruise!!

:earsgirl:

You know, I really liked the length of the 3 day, but I can see that a 4 day would give a better chance of seeing CC in case of bad weather. Had we had just one more day, perhaps we could have docked the next day, though I didn't check the weather, so maybe not.

At any rate, that is something I'll take into consideration the next time.........

samnick said:
But we have a weather jinks that seems to follow us on vacations.
I have to say we tend of have the opposite problem - every time we go on vacation it's a heat wave and it's horrible. We are hot, sweaty, and tired. Maybe we'll get lucky on our cruise in a couple weeks!!!
And have a heat wave in the ship - not a bad thing in Jan. considering it's about zero outside with the wind chill. My car frooze yesterday.

Everyone keeps talking about how cold it is in Florida. What do you consider "cold?" I'm in VA and it's 40 degrees right now. That's cold. Are we comparing the same temperatures? If it got up to 65 right now, I think I'd have to put on short sleeves.

Well, it's cold for us here!! It actually gets down to around 40 at night!! That usually seems real cold when it's been 70 during the day! It was actually in the mid 50's when I fisr started the thread, which is why I knew had to be cold for the cruisers.......I guess it was worse, because they had to skip CC :sad1: !!! I know it may not be a chilly as in other parts, but it is cold enough for us here!!!

I'm still waiting to hear any remarks on the fact that my friends DD said they would get refunds!! I think that's Funny!!!!! Oh well.........a dream is a wish your heart makes!!! :rotfl2:

Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter