• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather now

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
I have looked on a 14 day weather forecase and it shows as rain nearly every day. Do you think this means it is raining all day every day, or just showers in the afternoon. I think I am going to cry :sad1::sad1:

From what I have been told, during the summer we can expect rain most days in the afternoon but tends to be a short storm (say 1-2 hours). This si also our first trip in the summer so will be interesting to see; think we are there the same time as you. Are you coming to the DIS meet at OKW?

From what I have been told, during the summer we can expect rain most days in the afternoon but tends to be a short storm (say 1-2 hours). This si also our first trip in the summer so will be interesting to see; think we are there the same time as you. Are you coming to the DIS meet at OKW?

I have not said yes, but am going to make a note in my itinerary book - lol.

Since there are 8 of us it might be awkward, but if can will meet you there.

Are you taking poncho etc for the rain? Was not going to but now not so sure.

We have visited for the last seven Augusts. The general trend is that it is sunny in the mornings. It starts to cloud over early afternoon and it normally rains sometime between 3pm and 6pm. The evenings are generally dry. This is not set in stone, however, as on one holiday it didn't rain for about ten days. Another holiday it rained non stop for four days.

I have not said yes, but am going to make a note in my itinerary book - lol.

Since there are 8 of us it might be awkward, but if can will meet you there.

Are you taking poncho etc for the rain? Was not going to but now not so sure.

The more the merrier, I haven't been to a DIS meet beforee :eek: We have a DD 12 who will be there so if you have kids there will be somone new to join in.

Am I taking a poncho?, I was rather hoping that I will not be chucked into the pool at the DIs meet though:scared1:... we always take a poncho out with us unless the forecast is clear of rain; based on past trips there is alomst always a chance of rain and during the summer am expecting a 40-75% certainty; passed record indicates >50% of days in August it will rain.

The disney ponchos are easy to fold up small and are light to carry; think they are about $12-$15; probably cheaper at Wallmart.

Really, believe me, you want it to rain in the afternoons. We went one summer and it did not rain at all the first week we were there - we were nearly melting from the heat. Second week we got the typical afternoon rain - much better!

We have visited for the last seven Augusts. The general trend is that it is sunny in the mornings. It starts to cloud over early afternoon and it normally rains sometime between 3pm and 6pm. The evenings are generally dry. This is not set in stone, however, as on one holiday it didn't rain for about ten days. Another holiday it rained non stop for four days.

When in August did you go? We've been before during the last two weeks and queues were none existant. This time we're going in the first two weeks of August and I'm worried that the queues are going to ruin it :(

There'll be more queues in early august than late august as American schools are still off :) / :(

:goodvibes

You can buy cheap ponchos as semichem (I think it was 2 for 99p on their holiday stand). They are very compact, extremely lightweight and while not the best quality they are easier to throw away or tie to the back of a backpack than thicker and heavier (good quality) ones and you don't have to bring them back. I have read about some people taking umbrellas :confused3. I mean really, that just sounds like the most impractical thing to me, but everyone to his own. :rolleyes1

I did buy some cheap ponchos today, just to see us through the first few days. 99p for 2 ;) bet they do not even last the day :lmao:

It depends. One of mine ripped when I first put it on last year or the year before - but I was in such a rush (Kali River Rapids ;)) that it may have been the way I was handling it. I may as well have not worn one that time :rotfl: But the others were fine. In fact I was up in the loft half an hour ago (looking for that dentist card for you which I cannot find anywhere :sad2:) and found 2 ponchos, used, but folded and stored in one of the cases so they can do better than they get credit for.

I have been in Orlando for the last two weeks and it has rained most days but you are glad when it comes as it only lasts for a short spell ( max two hours) and cools things down as it is very hot just now. We had a couple of days last week where it was cloudy all day and it made life a bit more bearable.

When in August did you go? We've been before during the last two weeks and queues were none existant. This time we're going in the first two weeks of August and I'm worried that the queues are going to ruin it :(
Hi Dodgy Bob. We tend to go during the first half of August, but one year we did go for the second half of the month. To be honest we didn't notice any discernable difference in the length of the queues. We always tend to arrive at the parks for opening time and leave at around 1pm to go back to the hotel. The second half of August now has the free DDP for the Americans as well as the Brits so I think the queues are pretty much the same whenever you go in August.

The disney ponchos are easy to fold up small and are light to carry; think they are about $12-$15; probably cheaper at Wallmart.

The Disney ponchos were about $8 last year in the parks. They may have gone up slightly now, but they shouldn't have by too much. Although for Eeyore that amounts to about $65 plus tax for ponchos! :scared1:

The nice thing about the Disney ones is that they will replace it for you if it rips or gets damaged, even if it was from a previous trip.

The Disney ponchos were about $8 last year in the parks. They may have gone up slightly now, but they shouldn't have by too much. Although for Eeyore that amounts to about $65 plus tax for ponchos! :scared1:

The nice thing about the Disney ones is that they will replace it for you if it rips or gets damaged, even if it was from a previous trip.

ooooooh what colour are they? Do they have mickey on them? Think too much holiday overload today, still sat here now trying to sort stuff :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter