Weather next week, T storm 80%?

We leave tomorrow!!! Won't let the rain scare us away... We were there in March and had one day where it poured for several hours at AK. We did all inside stuff during the rain, and when it stopped AK was a virtual ghost town. We walked on all the rides, it turned out to be a great day!

Us next week too. If it pours we wait until the park emptied. No big deal. The only issue would be the waterparks and storms. We have been on the lazy river when it rained and just snuck under a bridge.

It really is cooling and it really does empty out the parks.

It's going to rain, of that I have little doubt. In fact, I'd say it will rain the majority of days you are there and that it will rain anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour sometime between 3:00 and 4:00. It just seems to be what happens. But, as others have said, it does help to cool things down a bit (at least, until that sun comes out and jacks up the humidity) and it thins out the crowds.

A tune a fellow CP and I wrote one day while in the parks on a crowded, sunny day:
*To the tune of Africa by Toto*
I see the crowds walking through the parks
They are headed to the same attractions on which I hope to ride
I have a fast pass for Test Track
Here let's hope they all are headed to the single rider line
An old man stopped me on the way
Hoping to find directions to a ride the other side of Epcot
He turned to the sky as if to say, "boy it sure is crowded and hot"

It's going to take some rain to make these crowds calm down
There's nothing like a 90 minute wait to make you frown
I miss the rains here at Disney World
Gonna need some rain to cool and clear the crowds on out of here...

We had predictions like that a week ago for this week as well. Then this week it dropped to a 10% chance of rain. We have been here 5 days and not a drop of rain!

Thank you! I was getting ready to post the same question as I have never been in August and a friend is heading down next week as well (leaving on Sunday) and was stressing about the weather - I will calm their stress by passing on the advice given here.

Thank you again.

Must....Not.....Look.....

615204FB-5FEB-47C0-A49A-79BD4F071DDF_zpsn1p66jw3.png

D'Oh!!!!!

I ain't scared. No one can accurately predict weather outside of two or three days. Besides, a 50% chance of a storm means a good chance of no rain, with a good chance of an hour-long thunderstorm in the afternoon. Either way no big deal.

And I'd take an afternoon storm over an all-day light rain. And I might take that storm and a high of 85 over Saturday's forecast, which is calling for a high of (gulp) 98. And humid.

But that's our arrival/pool day. So we'll survive.

Must....Not.....Look.....
D'Oh!!!!!

Hey wacko....lose that APP right now. The day before NO sooner go to accuweather.com put in Lake Buena Vista and check no further out than 24 hr increments OR stick your head outside every day you are here.

This has been a Public Service Announcement :thumbsup2

Another local here too just to chime in and say that looking at any forecast more than 3 days out is time utterly and completely wasted. Unless you're following a tropical system that is.

Also, by August our usual summer pattern is beginning to change. The afternoon storms aren't quite as reliable.

For perspective - here's Orlando's rain for the first 20 days of August.

4 days - no rain at all
6 days - trace of rain too small to measure.
5 days - less than .2 inch
3 days - .5 to 1 inch
2 days - more than 1 inch

Pretty tame so far.

I will tell you OP that this summer has been like any other - it has rained non-stop! And not just 20 minute rain - hours of rain! Hope it decides to stop for your trip!

Hey wacko....lose that APP right now. The day before NO sooner go to accuweather.com put in Lake Buena Vista and check no further out than 24 hr increments OR stick your head outside every day you are here.

This has been a Public Service Announcement :thumbsup2

LOL! So I guess I shouldn't mention the hour I just spent looking at models of two tropical depressions that could become hurricanes with one projected to follow the exact course of Katrina and make landfall exactly on the 9 year anniversary? I'll step away from the computer now.

BTW - Next named storm will be cristobal

I looked once and that was it for me....I'll take whatever I get and roll with it lol. I'm poncho ready!!!

We are arriving on Saturday too! We always go the last week of august and it rains pretty much every day! But as long as there aren't any tropical systems we're good! BTW we were in disney in 2005 when Katrina struck and we didn't see a drop of rain from it in Orlando! So let it take the same path!

LOL! So I guess I shouldn't mention the hour I just spent looking at models of two tropical depressions that could become hurricanes with one projected to follow the exact course of Katrina and make landfall exactly on the 9 year anniversary? I'll step away from the computer now.

BTW - Next named storm will be cristobal

:badpc: I just killed your ATT APP now that's that

Another Canadian leaving Saturday from buffalo!! Check out the weather network - much improved forecast!!

This :thumbsup2 - which Hurricane tracker do you use??
National Hurricane Center app. There is something brewing out there that is looking very likely to develop into a storm in the next few days. But it's way too far out to get any accurate view of where it's going to go. All I know is its a non issue for my Saturday flight and that's all I'm really concerned with at this point.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter