weather in Sept?

staceychev

Mouseketeer
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum--I have no idea where to put it!)

We're thinking of going the last week in Sept or the beginning of Oct this fall. We were leaning towards the 11th to the 17th, because it's my birthday and wedding anniversary, but then I realized it was Columbus Day: one day less of school missed, but crowds! So, now I'm thinking the 27th to the 3rd. Prices seem to be a little less then, too. Can anyone comment on the weather during those times? Is it less rainy in October? I'm not sure which I'd rather put up with--storms or crowds!

We actually went 9/27 - 10/5 last year.

September was SOOOOO rainy. I think it's been said that it was a record wet September, so it may not have been entirely normal, but it completely put us off September for a return trip.

It almost felt like as soon as October hit we immediately went back to a quick 30 minute rain in the afternoon and that was it. It definitely got more crowded as the weeks went on, particularly for MNSSHP. Lots of people love September a s rain doesn't bother them, but I hate walking around in wet clothes. I knew what I was getting into, but I thought if I was at Disney I'd be able to deal it - I felt the same lol.

I think October will be our go to travel time from now on. The neat really didn't bother me a ton if I stayed in the shade. It was lengths of time in direct sunlight that were difficult. My youngest got dehydrated one day, so make sure to drink tons of water.

We're thinking of going the last week in Sept or the beginning of Oct this fall. We were leaning towards the 11th to the 17th, because it's my birthday and wedding anniversary, but then I realized it was Columbus Day: one day less of school missed, but crowds! So, now I'm thinking the 27th to the 3rd. Prices seem to be a little less then, too. Can anyone comment on the weather during those times? Is it less rainy in October? I'm not sure which I'd rather put up with--storms or crowds!

It will be hot and plan for afternoon rain showers. That is the most common weather in September. It's possible to have several days where it rains all day or days with no rain at all. It's really depends on the weather patterns and it can differ, other than it being HOT.

From our experience, it has been less rainy in October than September. The temps are still warm, but not as hot and humid as September .

I'd rather deal with some rain than higher crowds, especially when it is warm. Only you can decide that for your family.

It's supposed to get gradually less hot and rain less the further into October you go. We are going Oct. 1-8 this year and hoping for the best.

September is a rainy month in the south (aren't a lot of them LOL). Also, don't forget it's also one of the main months for hurricanes. I have been in many of them Aug-Sept. At the least, we usually have lots of rain from them. You might want to think about insurance! It's of course still very hot and muggy also.

October, in general is less rainy, but can still be very hot and muggy, depending on the year, also can have cool mornings or evenings (not a guarantee though), mostly not.

My brother and SIL went last Sept. and they said it was super hot. They went like the 3rd week I think. Their version of hot and mine are a little different, so I don't know, lol. We're thinking of doing October this year mainly because the "cooler" weather. Have fun planning!

I would pick the 27-3, the weather won't be much different between the 2 weeks that you listed. However, the crowds will be a MAJOR difference. Fall breaks in mid October draw huge crowds.

Hot, humid, and possibly very rainy. We are going in September because we hope to swim every day. Well see how that goes.

We go to WDW for Sept 25th every year. Its our anniversary and we honeymooned in WDW as well. September is HOT, but its a great time to go. Last year was very rainy, but it was the first time ever (and we have been going in Sept since the 90s) that we had issues with rain. It does rain every afternoon, but it a great time to hop on a longer ride (Ellen is great if you are in epcot). But the time you get off, the rain has stopped.
One word of caution, be aware of races in the fall. They mess with the low crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter