• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in October

Mom2OakandEm

Mouseketeer
Tell me about the weather in Anaheim/San Diego the end of October. I know it's a little early to worry about the weather, but I'm the type of planner who loves to purchase "special" outfits for my girls for our trips and I'm not sure how I should dress them. Pants, capris, or shorts? Long Sleeve, short sleeve, jackets? So many choices

Layers. It can be cool in the mornings and evenings, and t-shirt weather during the day. Pants, t-shirts, light sweaters that can be removed and tied around waists or folded up in Mom's bag/stored in a locker, and a heavier sweater/hoodie/jacket for the cooler times.

We've been in mid to late October and the weather's been great. We were fine in short/capris and tee shirts in the morning. But in the evening (as soon as it started getting dark) we all were happy for a light jacket. There as only one night that we changed into long pants.

However, the night we did WOC, there was a couple from Arizona in front of us, they were in ski jackets, gloves and boots;). So, it's all relative I suppose.

Like the previous poster said it does depend on where you are visiting from, but that said we have gone in early November several times and usually been fine with jeans, short sleeved shirts and a light jacket. The weather is a bit hard to predict that time of year though we have had trips where it was cool and another where it hit 100 degrees. I would say buy short sleeved shirts because you can always put long sleeved shirts under them if it is too cold.

Tell me about the weather in Anaheim/San Diego the end of October. I know it's a little early to worry about the weather, but I'm the type of planner who loves to purchase "special" outfits for my girls for our trips and I'm not sure how I should dress them. Pants, capris, or shorts? Long Sleeve, short sleeve, jackets? So many choices
Here are some averages:

"Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

I go a lot but I've gone in October for the past 24 years regularly and for the most part it's really nice in the day and it tends to drop a little bit night… I am in California so I do recognize that my interpretation of warm and cold is different from people who are from Colder climate states… That being said, last year almost the entire year, it was very humid… There were times when it got up to almost 80% humidity throughout the year and in October last year it was extremely humid and I remember being really hot at night and not really needing Anything more then a jacket...in fact, I remember one night even at midnight taking off my jacket and tying it around my waist cause I was so warm... And that is very unusual for me because I'm always cold LOL... I don't know how humid it's going to be this year it seems like it has calmed down a little bit but we won't really know until summer starts rolling in but for the most part I think it'll be warm enough to wear shorts or capris during the day and jacket sweatshirt whatever at night because at that time of year once the sun drops it can get really cool

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sounds like layers are the way to go. We're driving from Utah so we'll have the space to pack a little heavy. I'm thinking the weather will probably feel good to us that time of year, but I'll throw in a few pairs of pants just in case.

Thanks for all the feedback I haven't been to DL in 18, yikes has it really been that long, years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter