• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in Nov/Dec

We love going in December but have noticed the changes in the weather. I am checking the forecast daily and again this is changeable. Wisest thing is pack layers but I intend packing light and buying clothes in the malls. Whatever the weather enjoy!:thumbsup2:cool1:
We are also going to Discovery Cove this December.:banana::banana:

We have been here since Thanksgiving and it started out cold (upper 60s - 40s at night) as the weekend ended it got warmer and now is in the mid to upper 70's in the daytime and low 60's - 50's at night) but that is this year
Last year it was in the 80's all week long and wanted a repeat this year but it was not happening!!!

We have been here since Thanksgiving and it started out cold (upper 60s - 40s at night) as the weekend ended it got warmer and now is in the mid to upper 70's in the daytime and low 60's - 50's at night) but that is this year
Last year it was in the 80's all week long and wanted a repeat this year but it was not happening!!!

That was 2011... When we were there in 2010, we woke up to 28 degrees (F) one morning, actually colder that morning in WDW than in MA. My kids wore NorthFace fleece with layers underneath the entire trip.

I love going in Dec, but packing is tough! Have to bring everything!

We have gone in November several times and most of the time we were comfortable in shorts or jeans and t-shirt. Always keep a light jacket or sweatshirt with you in the morning or the evening. (The parks close earlier than summer, so the evening don't get too cool unless you are staying for extra magic hours)

I live right behind MK and I can tell you it was 83 today, it did rain a, little but in the winter the rain doesn't happen often ;)

We've been there in early Nov. when it's been chilly and in January where we wore shorts/t-shirts the whole trip. It really can vary. Check the weather before you leave and be prepared for unexpected chills.

Just leaving the world today. Two days we were in sweatshirts and jeans and the rest of the time tshirts and capris. I would say check the local weather prior to leaving but prepare for it all!

This is a tough time of year, although typically my favorite. Weather is cold in the AM (I am from WI so am used to cold too :) and warms up nicely then cold again when the sun is down. We were ok in shorts/fleeces/tees during our last early/mid December trip in 2011. But I would definintely pack a rain resistant coat. Could be rainy and who wants to pay the $$ for a poncho? It did rain on that same trip for us.

Finally, I have 2 sets of friends that have ALWAYS gone early December and have typically nice weather although I can remember years that they were in winter coats/hats. This is likely rare though.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter