Weather in late Feb...what should we wear?

Drew*smom

Earning My Ears
What should we be wearing this time of year? long sleeve, short sleeve?? What kind of shoes for the kids?? (2yr & 5 yr).

Thanks!

Based on the current weather patterns, I think that I would wait until the week before to pack. We are going the last weekend in Feb and the first full week of March, so roughly the same time. Average temps are about 80, so you would think that shorts for the day and a jacket or fleece for the evening would be sufficient, but you never know.

As for shoes, the last time we went, our kids were 1.5 and 4.5 years-old. At the start of the week, they both wore tennis shoes, but then the older one complained that her feet were sore, so we switched both of them to crocs for the rest of the week. They were both happy and the older one, who wasn't in a stroller, never complained again.

Based on the current weather patterns, I think that I would wait until the week before to pack. We are going the last weekend in Feb and the first full week of March, so roughly the same time. Average temps are about 80, so you would think that shorts for the day and a jacket or fleece for the evening would be sufficient, but you never know.

As for shoes, the last time we went, our kids were 1.5 and 4.5 years-old. At the start of the week, they both wore tennis shoes, but then the older one complained that her feet were sore, so we switched both of them to crocs for the rest of the week. They were both happy and the older one, who wasn't in a stroller, never complained again.

Great! Thanks for the info!!

We visited last year last week in Feb. Days were wonderful low to mid 70's and sunny. Not really pool weather, thankfully they are heated somewhat . At night when we first arrived 20th, I believe, it was chilly. sweatshirts and gloves, as the week went on the weather got better and better and on our last day I remember it being close to 80. Have a great time !!!

I've been in Feb. twice and it can be tough to pack. Both times it started off very cool- highs only in the 50s but warmed up to the low 70s toward the end of our trip. I brought lots of clothes that could be layered, jeans and warm up pants. I had light jackets that we could put over all of the layers. You may have to wait until right before you leave to know if you need to bring heavier coats. I had to buy hats while we were there because we were so cold at night.

You need to be prepared for major temp changes so pack lots of things that can be layered. We started out in shorts and needed jeans, jackets, and gloves when it hit the freezing mark on 08. You just never know. It has been pretty cold down there lately. Hope you all have an awesome time!

We are going end of Feb/beginning of March too, so I'm in the 'what in the heck do I pack' panic too!
We went last year at the first week of March and we packed both pants & shorts, long sleeved and short sleeved. The majority of days were in the low 80's with dips into the 60's at night. At night my (then) 3 year old needed a hooded sweatshirt with her capri pants to be warm. I was 20 weeks pregnant (and therefore a furnace) and I was comfortable in capri pants & short sleeved or 3/4 sleeved shirts.
We all wore tennis shoes every day there - this year we'll be taking a pair of sandals too!

Layers! Layers! Layers!

You need to be prepared for major temp changes so pack lots of things that can be layered. We started out in shorts and needed jeans, jackets, and gloves when it hit the freezing mark on 08. You just never know. It has been pretty cold down there lately. Hope you all have an awesome time!

We must have been there at the same time. We were planning on doing the Animal Kingdom in the morning on our last day as we had a late afternoon flight...and just blew it off because it was darn cold that morning. We left our heavy winter stuff in the van at the airport at home.

We went last Feb. and it was 49 degree's! We went on my dd's 2nd birthday to the Magic Kingdom and that was the temp on Feb. 20. It was very very cold! The rest of the week was in the 60's and two days we had exactly 70 degree's as the high. The boys wore shorts and hoodies, the girls wore capri's. We are going again in Feb, same timeframe, and I am holding off until closer to the trip so I can see what the forecast is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter