• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in January

donaldfan1

Mouseketeer
i wondered what weather like in january, i know it was very hot in may this year when i came

Totally depends upon luck of the draw. We've been when it's been too hot for words (had to buy shorts)! Then, we've been when there has been frost on the windows.

Plan for every eventuality and you'll be fine. (But mostly, plan on it being cooler than when you were there in May). 7

Plan for anything and everything! We normally go in the winter months to warm up (we are from NY)! But that wasn't the case in Jan (2010)! We were there the first week of January and it was FREEZING! I don't think that is the norm though! We know, and expect the planes to de-ice GOING to WDW, but when they have to De-ice them in orlando, going back to NY, you know its cold there! We are heading back this coming December, hoping for slightly warmer temps this time!! Have a great trip!

We were there at the end of January this past year (2010) and it was very pleasant, highs around 70 or so. However, a week before we went, they had a cold snap with temps below freezing! I was preparing to pack long underwear!

Truly, there's no way to know this far in advance. It can be very warm, or it can be like this past winter, when I was freezing to death in a sweater, jeans and a fleece jacket.

We went this past year (2010) from January 30 to February 6. We left the hotel each day in pants, t-shirts, and sweatshirts. We brought shorts with us. On one day, we stayed in the pants and sweatshirts all day. On most of the other days, we took off the sweatshirts by mid morning (and put them back on in the evening). On a few days we changed into the shorts. Really varies a lot!

As a 35 year resident of Central Florida, January will be hit or miss on the weather and can change overnight. You may have chilly weather or it could be in the 70's. Either way, the weather will not stop you from having a good time. Enjoy your trip. :banana::cool1::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter