• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in Jan & Feb

Andy Lou & Meg

Anywhere else but Disney is not a holiday
We are currently trying to decide when to go next year. Can you please share your thoughts on what the weather will be like in either Jan or Feb.

Thanks

We typically visited WDW in October, but it had been getting very crowded, and we were beginning to crave some warmth over the winter instead, so we started visiting WDW in late January/early February and have done so for almost all of the last seven years. There was one year when it was certifiably cold -- not as cold as it was at home in Boston, but still cold enough to cause us to have regretted making our vacation that week. Other than that, all the rest of the times there were warm days and mildly cool nights. Even for a Northerner born-and-bred like me (and especially for a Southerner like my wife), the relief from the 2-4 feet of snow is always greatly appreciated.

So while it may not be the best weather of the year for Orlando, it's the best by comparison to home at-the-time, and that makes it our choice year-after-year.

Jan 2003 was bitterly cold & jack frost visited! The second week however we were back to shorts & t-shirts & isiting the water parks - pack for all eventualities as people were queueing to buy the big Mickey hands to wear as gloves etc!

Hi, We went Feb/March 04 for two weeks. We seen no rain, had shorts t-shirts or bikinis every day. Only a few evenings it got a bit colder, so we needed cropped trousers and a light jacket Found it funny really, cos the cast members had their fan heaters on, They should come visit us if they want to know what cold is.
Feb/March 04. between 66 degrees to 86 degrees.

83 days till we go back :sunny:

We have gone in February incorporating the half term holiday, either before or after.

Feb 1996 Warm weather, one grey day of dizzly rain but still warm.

Feb 1998 Saw a lot more rain this time due to the El Nino effect, slightly bit cooler, spent some days in sweatshirt and joggers but other days in shorts and teeshirts. It was still warm.

Feb 2000 Very warm weather, teeshirt/shorts, no rain.

This year only due to important school work we have decided to go in July and also because it is our 20th wedding anniversary.

The advantage of going in Feb is that the parks are less crowded and the weather is easier to deal with.

We have been twice now in early Feb - 2002 and 2004

Weather first time was hot all week. The last time it was very hot some days and dull others for our 10 day stay - we swam outside practically every day.We had one very cool day but the very next day it was baking hot !! Its difficult to predict but I think this is a good time to go not only from a weather point of view but also price and crowds and not least I like something to look forward to right after Xmas !! :Pinkbounc

Overall I would class it as some thing similar to very warm Spring days here. It cooled off in the evenings and goes dark early which you may forget as you kind of expect long warm evenings given the day time temps ! :sunny:

we went in feb 2003 for my 21st birthday we had lovely weather in the day but we needed jeans and light jackets on a night as it was a bit nippy.

We had a brilliant time though!!! the parks were really quiet (we went last week of feb first week of march) I had a magical birthday and holiday that will always be remembered

We went the last week in Jan, first 2 weeks in Feb this year :flower:
The weather was a little mixed the first week, pretty cold in the evenings (enough to make your ears hurt :guilty: ) As the days moved on the weather got warmer until, by the time we came home on the 16th Feb, we couldn't be in the pool enough :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter