Weather in February??

DISNEYDORK1976

Earning My Ears
We just got back (yesterday!). My loving:love:, awesome:cool1:, and amazing:woohoo: husband is taking me back in February :cloud9:. What is the weather like in February?

DISNEYDORK1976 said:
We just got back (yesterday!). My loving:love:, awesome:cool1:, and amazing:woohoo: husband is taking me back in February :cloud9:. What is the weather like in February?

It could be anything. The best advice traveling to Florida is to check the weather two days before you go and pack accordingly.

You have to remember two things.

Florida is part of the Atlantic, not the Caribbean, which has more predictable weather.

Weather is totally subjective, and totally depends on what part of the country you are coming from. What is tolerable to you, might be intolerable to me, or vice versa.

Went this February and LOVED it !!! Temps were in upper 70's all week! And never waited that long for the rides - awesome ! I know the weather is unexpected , but I truly enjoyed this trip the most - in fact we ended up adding an extra day because we were having so much fun! ( we went 2/9- 2/15- Mardi gras )

Went this February and LOVED it !!! Temps were in upper 70's all week! And never waited that long for the rides - awesome ! I know the weather is unexpected , but I truly enjoyed this trip the most - in fact we ended up adding an extra day because we were having so much fun! ( we went 2/9- 2/15- Mardi gras )

We were there the same week. The weather was wonderful, but who Knowles whether the same will be true when we go back next February?

We were there the same week. The weather was wonderful, but who Knowles whether the same will be true when we go back next February?

Very true. I'm glad it was so beautiful this year. And thankfully Mardi gras will b a little later next year so I'm hoping to make it back to disney next March for Mardi gras !

We always go in February. Usually last week, weather is mostly been good but some rain. Never a washout but showers some days. We have had 80's and we have had low 60's. but we are from maine so it's zero or below here sometimes that time of year so it always feels nice to us ! Enjoy your trip , we also find crowds less too except for vacation week , most time third week or so.

I'm fairly local, and the weather can be unpredictable. There are many days that the weather is 70 and sunny, but we can also get cold (near freezing temps at times). I would check the weather before you go, and I would pack a variety of clothing just in case.

I looked back at our photos from our various February trips. In all of them, I'm wearing jeans/pants and a medium-weight jacket. I have no pictures with rain. I have two photos without the jacket midday but I'm wearing long sleeves (no sweaters, just long sleeved shirts). Same with hubby -- jacket in every picture. I recall hitting the pool once on a particularly warm 70 degree day and I remember regretting it. Freezing. For some reason, 70 isn't 70 in February. Mostly cold wind. Great for walking around though.

I don't recall ever needing (or wanting) mittens, hat, etc.

Weather in February can be anything from near-freezing to 80's. The chance of rain is fairly low though.

We have gone the last week in February 2 of the last 3 years, great weather in the 80's. This year there was a cold spell around the 16/17th, week before we got there.

Sorry, but we've been there that time period and did not care for it one bit....

We're from northeast Ohio, we go to Florida for the heat and sun.... January and February weather was too iffy and when we went twice... Down right cold... Pool use was non existent.. Why pay big money for a deluxe resort and have the pool too cold to use, or hang out by... I'm not going to wear a hat and coat and sit by the pool..

Others like the cool weather and supposedly low crowds but we'd rather go in late May or late September/ early October and get the full use of the resort and sun..

Sorry, but we've been there that time period and did not care for it one bit....

We're from northeast Ohio, we go to Florida for the heat and sun.... January and February weather was too iffy and when we went twice... Down right cold... Pool use was non existent.. Why pay big money for a deluxe resort and have the pool too cold to use, or hang out by... I'm not going to wear a hat and coat and sit by the pool..

Others like the cool weather and supposedly low crowds but we'd rather go in late May or late September/ early October and get the full use of the resort and sun..

+1 :thumbsup2

Florida's for sun!
Ice been too unlucky getting cool weeks (less than 70, cant wear shorts) in Nov, Feb (cloudy and 60's most of the week), and even early April.

Done alot of Feb. trips (it's our anniversary trip) and have only needed a light jacket after sundown. We don't swim on our visits though.

The same for December trips. Only one trip have we needed coats and sweaters during the day. It was like a record cold spell.

I went this past Presidents' Week and had perfect weather - in the 80s and plenty warm to swim. However...a few days before we got there, the high was only in the 50s (I was checking weather online in preparation for the trip and started freaking out), and I believe there was a cold snap right after we left as well where high temps were only in the low 60s.

we always go the end of January to mid Feb and the weather is great for us. Very little if ever any rain which is the most important thing for us. It's usually in the 70's but has been much colder some years 50-60 but we don't mind jeans and sweat shirts. We're from the arctic so as long as we don't have to shovel and wear our parkas we're happy. We kind wish DD could experience the water parks but it's usually only warm enough for the hotel pool :) And no crowds in the parks make it so worth it:thumbsup2

We visited the last week of February this year, and the weather was fantastic! It was warm and muggy with a few downpours the day we arrived, but every day afterwards was sunny with highs in the mid-70's with low(er) humidity. Evening lows dipped into the 50's, so having a jacket or hoodie was nice. It was BY FAR the most comfortable weather I've ever experienced in Florida. Meanwhile back home, the poor saps were slammed with over a foot of snow.

Thanks for all the input. I guess I will pack a little of everything!

No need to pack for February yet. ;)

Suggest you wait until about 5 days before your trip and then start checking www.weather.com for the 10 day forecast at Walt Disney World. That will give you a better idea of what may be in store for you. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter