Weather in Early Feb?

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
We are quickly approaching our trip to WDW on Feb 5th. We will be there a week. What is the weather like normally in early Feb? We have always gone in the summer before. Will it be warm enough to swim a bit?

Thanks!!

We were at WDW the first week of Feb 08 and the weather was cool but nice. We needed jackets in the morning and at night but it warmed up enough so the kids to hit the pool a couple times in the afternoon. From my experience this is typical of Feb weather. It can get cold at times even in central florida.

We went mid feb of 08 and it was beautiful. At least to us from subzero Chicago! We wore t-shirts and long sleeved shirts, kept a windbreaker with us, and were super comfortable. It was too cold to swim however. If memory serves me, it was around mid 60's. Lots of rain though. Be sure to bring ponchos (or $$$$ for the Disney ones) and ziplock bags to keep things dry! Also an extra pair of shoes. My shoes were literally soaked so badly on the second day, I had to buy new ones!

New Englander here, going first week of Feb as well. given that this is our third snow storm, and it is 7 degrees outside, 60 sounds good. :goodvibes
Was thinking sweatshirt and shorts in the morning, and then visiting the heated pool in the afternoon.

41 more days........:worship:

Weather is tricky in FL...we went to WDW in Feb 07 and wore jeans and sweatshirts the entire weekend

well we've had -17 degrees for 5 days in a row now (before the nasty wind chill brings us down to something like 30 below zero)! Give me a 60 degree FL day anytime! We'll definately be in the pool when we go! Feb in FL has some pretty nice afternoons, and gets chilly in the mornings and nights- but we've gone swimming every single Jan/Feb trip we've been there.
It all depends on where you're from. If you're from the south, or Calif. AZ or Texas or Louisianna, then maybe it won't be warm enough...but anyone from the midwest would be greatful to go swimming and be in the nice FL weather...especially after the nasty storms and cold here this year.

February sometimes has alot better weather than in June, usually warm and sunny with no rain. :thumbsup2

That's what I like to hear! NO RAIN! Every trip we have taken so far -- it has downpoured. We normally go in the summer months. This will be our first trip that's not in the summer. I hate getting rained on, then going into air conditioned rides etc...even when it is hot outside, I get so cold and miserable inside the buildings, especially at Epcot.

I can't wait to enjoy a rain-free WDW vacation for once!

We go every year at this time. It is iffy. Last year we were able to swim three times but we have been there in the past when it was sooooo cold. We have been there when it rained just for about an hour and on another trip it rained two days. Just layer your clothes and go with the flow. Enjoy.

We arrive in Orlando the same day you do! ( 40 moe days, are you getting excited too?!)
anyways....we are coming from Wisconsin, and plan to bring our suits, if not for the pool- for sure the Hot tub.
i agree with others, it depends on where you are from ~ it has been a downright horrible winter already, so 50's would feel good.
my family will be bring light jackets/sweatshirts, pants just in case, but also shorts and tank tops.
i hate to be a whiner,:sad2: but we are hoping it does not get so warm that we are uncomfortable. ( over 85 degrees)

40 MORE DAYS!!

We were there early Feb last year and they were setting HEAT records- near 90! There wasn't the humidity that there was in September, but it was still HOT for several days.

However, we're heading back early Feb this year- 35 days and counting!- and hoping for a little cooler weather. But hey- we'll be at WDW, so who cares!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter