weather in august

Andyli1989

Earning My Ears
will be going august 6 - august 12 first time in disney orlando
will be staying at the buenavistapalace hotel
i just wanted to know what the weather will be like in august i just lately heard about hurricanes and thunderstorms is during august to sept just a bit frighten about that.

i've heard that it can be pretty up and down but no matter what it will be hot. :P I am going to be in disney from the 7-12th so i'm hoping that the rainstorms are few and if they come..that they are short. :) i'll keep fingers crossed for the both of us.

It will be HOT & HUMID!

We were there in Aug 2007 and it only rained one day for an hour, but you will wish for that rain.

You will shower, walk out of your room, and wish to shower again within 5 mins.
That being said, we are going again in Aug this year.:banana:

We were there last August, and it was very hot!!! It rained almost every day, just a short shower but enough to drench you and your shoes!! Hint-take extra pair of shoes. Standing out for a parade during the day was not good. We get up early, and go to the parks, by lunch, we are back at the pool, and then go out at night again. As far as hurricanes, it is hit or miss. With that being said, we are going back again in August this year!! I agree with the PP about the shower!! Last year when we walked outside, my glasses and camera would instantly fog up. I look at it this way, I am NOT at work; I am on vacation.:goodvibes

Extremely hot and humid. Last August, we were in line for Kali River Rapids during EMH and I thought I would melt before we got to the ride.

August is manageable, but only if you plan lots of indoor dining and stick to indoor rides with indoor lines.

It rains most every day around 4 pm. Sometimes that helps to break the humidity for the rest of the evening and cool things off. Sometimes not.

When we go in August, we pray for cloudy days.

We also were at Disneyworld when Hurricane Charley hit in 2004 (I think). Disney handled the situation very well. I would not, however, have been happy if we had been staying off-site. Disney has its own generators, so we didn't lose power (we were staying at the Contemporary Resort). We left Orlando three days later -- the first day the airport opened back up (the ceiling in one wing of the airport terminal had collapsed during the hurricane). There was still almost no power outside of WDW. We found only one functioning gas station, which was the Esso near DTD.

Suffice it to say, August is . . . interesting!

It will be HOT & HUMID!

We were there in Aug 2007 and it only rained one day for an hour, but you will wish for that rain.

You will shower, walk out of your room, and wish to shower again within 5 mins.
That being said, we are going again in Aug this year.:banana:

We must have been there the same week!

I think it also depends where you are from. This year, it's been hot and humid in Chicago, so easy to get your body to adjust to FL. Last year, not so much. In 2007, we'd been in Boston (pretty warm) two weeks before and Dallas/FW (holy hotness) the week before and it was a hot Chicago summer. It was still hot in Florida, but our bodies were pretty used to it.

We're going next August...

I went the same week last year for my birthday! :) It was super hot! The lines were so long and honestly, I wish I had been born in October like I was supposed to be after that trip. I love Disney, but the combination of the heat (it was 80 degrees at 7 a.m.) and the humidity from the afternoon pop-up storms made for a somewhat uncomfortable trip. But, honestly what bugged me most were the lines. If you can get fastpasses for everything, I guess it would be fine but they were gone within 30 minutes on most attractions. :( Debating whether or not to go back for my birthday this year.

We go every Aug. and you can certainly get a mixed bag of weather. We were there a few years ago during Tropical Storm Fay and it rained for several day - all day. We went last year and had a rain storm twice for an hour or so. Know that it will be hot and humid and then just carry ponchos with you. We get the cheap ones from Target and use them and then throw them out at the end of the day. Make sure you have extra shoes so you won't have to worry if you have rain and they get wet. No since worrying about the weather since there is nothing you can do to change it - just take the ponchos and go and have fun. Most times the rain will keep the crowds down. You may also want to carry a lightweight sweater since if you should get wet it can be very chilly going inside an attraction with all the air conditioning.

We go every Aug. and you can certainly get a mixed bag of weather. We were there a few years ago during Tropical Storm Fay and it rained for several day - all day. We went last year and had a rain storm twice for an hour or so. Know that it will be hot and humid and then just carry ponchos with you. We get the cheap ones from Target and use them and then throw them out at the end of the day. Make sure you have extra shoes so you won't have to worry if you have rain and they get wet. No since worrying about the weather since there is nothing you can do to change it - just take the ponchos and go and have fun. Most times the rain will keep the crowds down. You may also want to carry a lightweight sweater since if you should get wet it can be very chilly going inside an attraction with all the air conditioning.

Definitely worth waiting out a storm (if possible).....the parks clear out. Then things are much more managable (for a while anyway).

We have been going to Disney for over 10 years now....always in August! It's hot, but we have too much fun to worry about it. The storms come and go, nothing to be feared.....it helps clear out the park! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

Disney 2010 August 14th-21st

My son and I are there every August. I love going during late July, Early August. . .the crowds are less and its a bunch of fun.

Expect heat, humidity and rain. Don't expect great pics of your family looking beautiful. Its Florida in the summer. Wear a hat, keep the sun off your head, drink lots of water (cold or warm is not important, its the water that is the issue - you need to hydrate). Go on indoor rides and eat sit down meals indoors to cool off. Wear shoes that are either waterproof or can get wet and not hurt your feet. Crocs, any flips with arch support, hiking sandals etc. . .these are the best shoes for you during the humidity. Embrace the rain. Decide that you don't care if you are drenched, you just want to have a great time. It will truly make your vacation memorable. Take pix of your rain soaked family or travel partners. You will love them later. Most of all, have a great time.

It was pouring down rain here in Missouri the other day, and I was thinking that it would be fun to go play in the rain. Mind you, I am a 44 year old woman with two teenagers. As I was standing there watching the rain, it dawned on me that standing out in the rain is one of those things you can get away with at Disney World and people don't think you are crazy no matter what your age is.

I guess that is one of the reasons I love the place. I am going on August 4. Can't wait to play in the rain. LOL

Our family is the same as many have already written, we go every August for as long as I can remember. We have been there when the big hurricane came through that did close WDW. We were in the campground, which was evcuated. Disney offered to put us up in a hotel, but we had our 2 dogs, so we left and drove home. We followed 1 hurricane home, while the other chased us. Long story short, we survived. August is hot and humid! We bring those little 99 cents hand held fan, cheap rain ponchos, extra shoes (and newspaper to stuff them with to help them dry), and lots of water. It will rain everyday, so just plan for it. Go early, take a mid-day break and go back at night. When u get hot go on a ride with air conditioning or sit some place with air. It is usally nice in the shade. Just listen to your body, take a break when you get too hot, and you will have a great time! We will be there again this year, Aug 8th - 15th with 15 other family and friends and just can't wait!

Our family is the same as many have already written, we go every August for as long as I can remember. We have been there when the big hurricane came through that did close WDW. We were in the campground, which was evcuated. Disney offered to put us up in a hotel, but we had our 2 dogs, so we left and drove home. We followed 1 hurricane home, while the other chased us. Long story short, we survived. August is hot and humid! We bring those little 99 cents hand held fan, cheap rain ponchos, extra shoes (and newspaper to stuff them with to help them dry), and lots of water. It will rain everyday, so just plan for it. Go early, take a mid-day break and go back at night. When u get hot go on a ride with air conditioning or sit some place with air. It is usally nice in the shade. Just listen to your body, take a break when you get too hot, and you will have a great time! We will be there again this year, Aug 8th - 15th with 15 other family and friends and just can't wait!

Just like me. . .I will be there July 28 to Aug 3. Can't wait. . .heat and humidity here I come. . .

HOT & HUMID and just when you get kind of used to it, it gets super hot and Humid. If you wear makeup, I would say don't, as its kind of melts.
When you open the door it feels like someone left the hair dyer on. LOL
It's is really hot but its is doable. Just remember to drink a lot of water, and take your time at the park, cool off inside shops or go back and take a swim in the afternoon. Just remember its Hot!

We are one month away from our 3rd August trip and so far the info you are getting about August is excellent.
The extra shoes are NECESSARY

Water... water... more water... you can get free ice/ice water from any place that sells fountain drinks. My policy is if there is no line or a short line everyone get water every time you pass by a place (especially at AK becasue it's the hottest park don't ask why it just is). Staying hydrated is crucial to enjoying your vacation.

Walk through stores with A/C - if you have kids that beg for this or that, give them a daily budget and be firm. Or announce before you go into the store, we are going in for the A/C NOT for the merch.

If ANYONE in your group gets miserable - go inside and rest, whether its to eat, see Philharmagic, ride Soarin (yes it may have a long wait sometimes but hello it's got A/C) or go back to your hotel room. If it's someone who complains alot, they are only going to make everyone else angry because the heat makes for short fuses. If it's someone who doesn't complain alot, they may be verging on heat sickness. Either way, all you end up doing by not resting is making it miserable for everyone. Misery does not = fun.

Wear a hat and sunscreen. If you are prone to headaches, bring sunglasses and put them ON before you exit indoor attractions when it's bright outside.

Ladies bring a comfortable, lightweight (sports maybe) bra for EACH DAY, unless you plan to do laundry. There will be days when your bra will be soaked through with sweat. Do you want to wear it the next day? :confused3 I don't want to, I know that for sure. You could hand wash it and hang it in the bathroom too I suppose but hey I'm on vacation I don't do laundry. :laundy:

OH and the most important thing is: Have FUN! We will be there Aug 16-20 and that's our biggest plan, having fun :)

I knew it would be hot, but now Im thinking it will be too hot!!! Our trip is planned for August 28th thru Sept 5th....I thought thses later dates might help out with crowds and temperature cooling down a bit?:confused3

We have always done disney winter or fall. We went one year 1st week of June and handled that ok. It was HOT, but we survived....as long as it is not worse then that I guess we'll be ok....???

My son and I are there every August. I love going during late July, Early August. . .the crowds are less and its a bunch of fun.

Expect heat, humidity and rain. Don't expect great pics of your family looking beautiful. Its Florida in the summer. Wear a hat, keep the sun off your head, drink lots of water (cold or warm is not important, its the water that is the issue - you need to hydrate). Go on indoor rides and eat sit down meals indoors to cool off. Wear shoes that are either waterproof or can get wet and not hurt your feet. Crocs, any flips with arch support, hiking sandals etc. . .these are the best shoes for you during the humidity. Embrace the rain. Decide that you don't care if you are drenched, you just want to have a great time. It will truly make your vacation memorable. Take pix of your rain soaked family or travel partners. You will love them later. Most of all, have a great time.

I like this! :thumbsup2 It made me laugh and even get a bit teary eyed there at the end. Your wisdom is what life is all about, isn't it? :goodvibes

Hot & humid and there will be rain...sometimes a thunder storm...pretty much every afternoon. It usually doesn't lastlong and then it's more humid afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter