• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather forecast... I could actually cry!

Another vote for do not worry.

I tried the dollar store ponchos and they didn't work well for us for hanging in the parks, they were good to use to run to the car or get inside. They are so thin and rip easily that they don't hold up to a few hours of touring.
Totally agree. The dollar store ponchos might be fine for Splash Mt. or Kali Rapids. But not for touring the parks.

I am also from coastal southeast. Pop up afternoon showers are the norm. The present cycle seems to be out of the norm, unfortunately for the last few years or so, we have not had number of aftenoon showers that is typical in summer. Most of the southern states are needing rain and are in some degree of draught.

Keep your eyes to the sky. When the fluffy white clouds start getting taller and start towering and greying, pop up is probably developing - so start thinking ahead to where you might want to be if it develops. (great time to plan to eat). It takes longer for them to develop, than for them to rain out.

You will be LUCKY if you get one - it will thin out the park and may decrease the air temp by as much as 10 degrees F (5 degrees C?)

Having said that, lightning in Florida can be serious. The outside rides will close while there is lightning. As tempting as it is to sit out side where you can enjoy the show, go inside.

Another thing to remember is that if it rains late in the day like last night, the next day can be great weather like today (even if it did start off lightly sprinkling at bus stop time.) Don't let the weather get you down but perhaps come to WDW with a plan to remind yourself what attractions would be good to go to when there's good weather and not so good weather. I've actually done just that as a local -- I know if the weather is really nice, I don't want to be cooped up inside and vice versa. A few weeks ago, we had some rain and the Rafiki area at AK was a perfect place to spend a little extra time. Also, take advantage of extra magic hours to make up for some lost time due to the rain.

So I've been waiting for my trip to Disney world for 10 years. I booked last year and have been so exited all year I can't tell you. I've looked at the weather forcast and have actually cried, nothing but thunderstorms practically everyday. I am due to leave on the 26th may till 9th June. Please someone give me some advice, Im from the Uk and trying to get away from rain, I do not want it on my dream holiday. Just how bad is it?!? will it ruin my trip?!? I seriously will be devastated! Please make me feel better people!!

i know where you are coming from- our WDW trip was scheduled in late August last year and hurricane irene was suppose to split the state- i was ready to bust from the stess....it missed and didn't rain...

Hang in there and you'll be fine- we experienced one day of rain...they surely are grasping at straws trying to predict the weather 10 days from now...don't worry over this or you will drive yourself nuts...

you will have the vacation of your life- enjoy the anticipation!!

We are going to be there the same time as you (5/26 - 6/9). :cool1:

Last time we were there was during MNSSHP and it poured, I mean POURED down rain for like an hour that night. I was so disappointed because we were all in costume and had paid extra to be there, but it turned out to be the best time and the one night my DS and DN's still talk about to this day (3 years later). We literally ran circles into and out of Space Mountain - we must have ridden it 15 times with no line because everyone else had left the parks. It was fantastic - of course, we were all a hot mess of running halloween makeup and wet hair, but it made for the best memories. :cloud9:

Be prepared for PM showers. Don't check the weather until the day before you leave (I know it's tempting), but honestly changes daily if not hourly. And it is also different depending on where you are. Yesterday it was down pouring at the airport where my DH works and the sun was out at our house just 7 miles south of the airport.

Crazy FL weather! You will have an AWESOME holiday and honestly the rain will help clear people out and cool the temps some. :-)

THANK YOU!!!!! there are truly some wonderful people on this board. you have made me feel a lot better about the situation! im used to rain all day every day in the UK and all i wanted is a bit of sun! but if they slap the warnings on for even a 5 min downpour then i think i can relax! im hoping it changes over the next week or so! Ive bought a poncho in a pouch from good old Topshop that folds up and will fit in my park bag so thank you for the tips about that one! fingers crossing! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter