Weather end May/early June

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
What is the weather like this time of year? Is there a high risk of hurricanes/rain/heavy cloud cover?

Thanks!

Last May (last two weeks) it was in the high 80's and up to the mid 90's every day. It rained twice as I recall for a couple of hours at the most probably less. May is not hurricane season. I found it as hot as August but less humid. I believe that may have been a bit hotter than average May temps.

There is only one thing you can predict about weather in Florida, and it's that you can't predict it

May/june should be hot and humid

It might rain during your whole stay or you might never see a drop of rain ... The truth lying somewhere in between

You can look on accuweather for a history of heat and humidity/rain, but you'll only know when you're there
Even the weather channel can't predict the weather in orlando more than a couple of days in advance

Hurricane season is officially 1 June - 30 November so half the year.

We have experienced a tropical storm in June before which dumped rain for 3 days as it was slow moving and sat off the coast.

It will be hot, maybe humid, afternoon storms are possible!

You can't control the weather so just go with the flow :goodvibes

Got back yesterday from 17 gloriously hot days! :sunny: We thought that temperatures this year were slightly higher than on our previous May visits. Chatted to a few locals in the Parks who confirmed that the temps had been higher than usual for May.

We took our 'lucky' Disney rain poncho's ~ bought in 2005, taken back 3 times and never used since!! ~ and they were lucky once again! one thunder/lightening/torrential rain episode while we were driving one day and another when we were eating at BOG (we were in the West Wing so didn't hear the thunder/rain until my sister texted us to say they were caught in the rain!). It also rained during the night once or twice but as this was around midnight it didn't affect us.

Hi there....my kids and I have gone several times in May/June and also in August. You can definitely expect hot and humid. And while the forecast may call for scattered storms etc. it is not always an indication that it will rain all day. There are times that it won't rain at all even when the forecast predicts it and times when a storm will roll in and really pour but for a short time (an hour maybe) and then the sun is back out. Like the others said, you really can't predict anything except hot and humid. If you have ponchos, bring them each day. When everyone else runs to hide from the rain, pop on your ponchos and enjoy some shorter wait times in lines. The rain can sometimes be welcome...it does break up the humidity a bit sometimes. Just don't let the prospect of daily chance of rain ruin your trip! We're planning to be there next week and there are lightning bolts on my weather app for almost every day of our stay but the Harry Potter ponchos are all packed and we're not worried! You'll have a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter