Weather changed

KellyNY

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

What is it with weather in Orlando? 10 days showed showers, then it changed to sunny and now again it changed to showers for the second half of my trip. Is it somehow reaction to Earl or they just know nothing, I am a bit upset, hoped to have nice, sunny days.

I think there is almost always a chance of afternoon showers in Sept in Orlando.

I think Earl may take some of our moisture away, while he is out there and close by - but once he goes north, the showers and such will return.

IF he shifts west (a big shift) than we may get some rain - but I doubt it.

I am planning for HOT, HOT, HOT weather (heat index 110F+) and afternoon showers. :thumbsup2

Maybe we will see you there!

Unfortunately at this time of year you run the risk of tropical storms and hurricanes. Most days in Orlando the forecast will show showers of some sort, it's par for the course there. Just remember though, you'll be at Disney World! So you'll have a good time no matter what the weather is like!!

Remember also that rain may not hit all parks, all day, every day. I remember getting drenched at Magic Kingdom. When I got to EPCOT an hour later, they hadn't had even a sprinkle.

I tend to trust Accuweather for my extended forecast.

Their current forecast for the next 10 days is great! As another poster said, there is frequently a short afternoon shower in the summer months, rolls in around 3 or 4 and rolls out around 5 ot 6. It cools everything down :thumbsup2

Aug 31 - Partly sunny
High 92
Low 75
24%

Sept 1 - Partly sunny & breezy
High 92
Low 73
0%

Sept 2 - Mostly sunny
High 93
Low 73
0%

Sept 3 - Partly sunny
High 92
Low 76
24%

Sept 4 - Sun and some clouds
High 93
Low 76
24%

Sept 5
High 92
Low 74
24%

Sept 6
High 92
Low 73
35%

Sept 7
High 91
Low 72
55%

Sept 8
High 90
Low 72
6%

Sept 9
High 92
Low 72
10%

Thanks, I feel better. I don't mind afternoon showers, I know it is usual for this time of year, I just afraid of completly rainy days. We experinced it once on 2 weeks trip, 2 weeks of rain and clouds, was no fun at all.

No weather report can be trusted beyond 3 days at most. In fact, their accuracy is no better than chance beyond 3 days.

Weather sites keep offering longer and longer weather predictions because they're trying to drive up page hits on their sites. That's how they make money. If weather.com is offering 7 day forecasts, and accuweather is offering 8 day forecasts, more people will visit accuweather, but the predictions beyond 3 days are worthless for both sites.

It is true that the weather report for every day between July and September is basically the same for Orlando -- Hot, with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. It rarely deviates from that.

But for specifics, nothing beyond 3 days is any more accurate than chance.

David

And guess what??? it will probably change another 5 times between now and then.It rains alot in Sept but usually not for the whole day..Put your mouse ears on, wear a smile and roll with it:goodvibes

We are packing for both sun and rain and that way regardless of what happens we are ok with either situation.

Right now DH (my weather guru) is not concerend about Orlando, but more about the NYC area. We leave tis Firday morning and he's afraid Earl may be hitting us then and could affect our flight. He was even asking me last night if we should change our flights to Thursday night.

My feeling..you can't control the weather and it changes constantly. This morning reports had Earl hitting our area Friday night instead of Friday morning. Plus I think news/weather people sometimes make a bit more of pending hurricanes because it fills air time until they actually know what's happening which will be when it happens.

Forecasts always list chances of scattered showers in Orlando in Sept. I went Labors day week the past 2 years running with forcasts of 40-60% chance of scattered showers and over the 2 years only had 5 minutes of a light rain. That's it! So since there's nothing we can do except be prepared (always have my rain ponchos and stroller cover) don't worry about it and instead just enjoy your time in Disney - rain or shine you're on vacation at Disney!

This is the way I look at the weather now...I'm going regardless and there isn't one thing I can do about the weather, so I rarely look at the Orlando weather before going on a trip. I did it once on a December trip, I obsessed about it and it turned out to be beautiful, 80-85 and sunny every day, all the obsessing about rain, hot? cold? ect...just wasn't worth it.

On the last trip with my sister, the first thing she did when we got in the hotel room was turn on the weather. The seven day forecast predicted thunderstorms everyday, she freaked out a little, I told her to ignore it, turns out we got one 10 minute shower the entire trip. There is just no point in weather worry, it is what it is. :teeth:

You pretty well said it in your post--they just know nothing:)
Well--it's not that bad but, but not great given all the "technology" they seem to have.
As dqpowell suggests 3 days is about as good as you are going to get for any sort of accuracy. From my experience, 24 hours is sometimes the best they can do---
And sometimes it's the morning to the afternoon the SAME day--.

When I checked weather.com this morning it looked like the path wasn't projected to reach NYC area until Friday evening, from where the Sat. line started. We fly into NYC around 7:45 and the next flight leaves at 8:30. So hopefully anyone flying out in the morning won't see to much as far as delays are concerned. Afternoon flights may be a different story, but hopefully no one runs into any major problems.

Also we are flying into JFK, anyone ever gone through this before and experienced delays at JFK due to rain/hurricanes. J/W as this has never had to be an issue for us before.

on Sat morning! You just can't reason with hurricane season. Its the chance we take every year going down in Sept. So far, we've always made it in and out without issue and have only been visited by tropically depressed Ernesto while there. We'll wait and watch, not much else we can do!

Honestly until just before we leave we wait to decide on weather, but FL is usually HOT with afternoon showers/thunderstorms and that is all you need to know! LOL In saying that, just go prepared with ponchos and change of shoes or clothing if you need it. If it rains you will be ready, if it doesn't GREAT! Also, like the other poster said one park can be pouring rain and the other not even a sprinkle. I remember being at Blizzard Beach when the storms were in the area and not a sprinkle but MK was drenched.
I don't even trust the weather until the DAY before, even on vacation - I check the local forecast.
Right now with the hurricanes it depends on their path and they are pretty wide (understandably as good as they are they are NOT psychic!) so that in turn affects the weather here in FL.

I looked at the 10 day forecast and in the next couple of days it shows 0-20% chance of rain this is due to what the meteorologist on TV called a warm front coming in from the Atlantic Ocean that will bring dry weather for the next couple of days.These low chances for rain are very odd in the summer,the second half of the 10 day forecast it goes back to a "NORMAL" forecast for the summer,30%-40% chance of thunderstorms with an occasional day of 50%-60%,this is the normal forecast during the summer where you can get a thunderstorm at almost anytime or it might not rain at all!

NC evacuated. Friday and Saturday New York will be affected as well. That is scary.

NC evacuated. Friday and Saturday New York will be affected as well. That is scary.

It is only the barrier islands in NC that are being evacuated...not too bad.

And no warnings for NY area yet.

The most recent models seem to think that it will stay off shore and hopefully not cause any damage. That could change, though, I suppose.

Those of us going to FL this week and next should probably keep an eye on Gaston, though. He is currently called TD9, but should be TS Gaston at the next advisory. And he is headed more toward FL - not out to sea - at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter