Wearing makeup to the parks

I don't wear make up at home, so why in the world would I wear it on vacation? :confused3

I do wear sunscreen on my face and Burt's Bees chapstick...does that count? ;)

I just do lip gloss, mascara, and sunblock. Anything else comes right off! But I must say that Great Lash Waterproof is awesome! It stayed put thru my laughing so hard that I was crying, and thru getting a face full of water on Splash Mountain. :banana:

We just go back and I wore Bare Minnerals and it worked great. It didn't melt off or feel heavy. I'm an eye rubber so mascarra is a problem for me so I got my eye lashes tinted before we left. I'm so glad I did this. :)

Mrs Aardvarks puts on basic makeup only for the parks. It takes her about 5 mins tops after she gets out of the shower.

From memory, she just uses a foundation with sunscreen and some eyeshadow and waterproof mascara. She rarely wears lipstick. Non of this is special grade, just the regular Boots UK brand.

After 25 years of marriage, she still looks good to me

Mrs. Aardvarks sounds like a very lucky lady to have such a sweet hubby. ;)

I wear it because it helps control my oily complexion. Without it, I would have a nice big breakout. Which might happen even with the makeup this trip. We have been in November and January the last three trips, so it might last about 5 minutes this trip. :)

Sandra

I wear a little but not a lot. I like the water rides so, if I wear a lot of make-up, it's raccoon city! LOL I do wear foundation because my foundation has SPF protection in it, so it's my sunblock.

I wear Bare Escentuals Makeup. It has an SPF of 15 and is one of those mineral makeups. I can't even tell I have it on. I never wore any make up before I started wearing this brand. In the parks, I wear foundation, blush, eyeliner and lip color. Mostly I wear it as protection from the sun. And I look good for all my pictures with the characters ;) .

Kim

Yes! And it looks so natural...like you are not wearing any make-up at all!

I am another bare minerals gal!
I love love love this stuff!!!!

I have sensitive skin and I need to hide the redness that shows up :rotfl2:

I wanted to add for those that do use bare minerals ... if you don't know already... the minerial veil sandwich is the way to go in the parks!

You lightly dust the veil on your face then apply your make up and then dust the veil on over top of everything. It keeps everything in place even longer.

I am another bare minerals gal!
I love love love this stuff!!!!

I have sensitive skin and I need to hide the redness that shows up :rotfl2:

I wanted to add for those that do use bare minerals ... if you don't know already... the minerial veil sandwich is the way to go in the parks!

You lightly dust the veil on your face then apply your make up and then dust the veil on over top of everything. It keeps everything in place even longer.

I will add to this.If you use the primer by Bare escentuals or Smashbox photofinish and then do the mineral veil sandwich...your makeup does not budge.

I don't wear makeup to the parks at all, which is why I'm so baffled by those who do. I wear lots of sunblock (SPF 50+) and lip balm with sunblock and that's it.

I feel that I look fine with or without makeup and if someone has a problem with how I look without makeup, than that's their issue not mine. Personally, I think that women have been so heavily influenced by cosmetics companies to think that they look so awful that they "scare little children" if they don't wear makeup. To me, the female face is gorgeous, just as it is!

Just some thoughts from the other side of the makeup brush. :)

I almost always wear makeup. Always good to look your best. I also love to expirement with different styles and colors. It is almost artistic to me.

However, in summer I wear less because of the heat factor. Typically its something along the lines of mascara, coverup if need be and lipstick/gloss. I tend to go without foundation, blush, and eyeshadow...especially the eyeshadow which always inevitably is a mess within 2 hrs!

I agree with the mineral veil sandwich in hot weather. Its amazing how that works. I love the primer. I use it over my moisturizer. My skin is so weird. It was oily for years, but I still need a moisturizer.

Kim

I have rosacea, so if I don't wear makeup (yet another Bare Minerals gal here) then I look sunburned. I wear SPF50 underneath, but the physical block of the mineral particles helps prevent rosacea flareups as well.

I have rosacea, so if I don't wear makeup (yet another Bare Minerals gal here) then I look sunburned. I wear SPF50 underneath, but the physical block of the mineral particles helps prevent rosacea flareups as well.

I have rosacea too and bare minerals is the only make up that keeps flare ups from happening to me. I seriously love the stuff!

i wear make up at the parks but im not about to slather on some lipstick and heavy concealer.
i usually wear a light powder and mascara. maybe eyeshadow if it's nighttime.

however i agree that women tend to go overboard. masks are no bueno.

I don't wear makeup to the parks at all, which is why I'm so baffled by those who do. I wear lots of sunblock (SPF 50+) and lip balm with sunblock and that's it.

I feel that I look fine with or without makeup and if someone has a problem with how I look without makeup, than that's their issue not mine. Personally, I think that women have been so heavily influenced by cosmetics companies to think that they look so awful that they "scare little children" if they don't wear makeup. To me, the female face is gorgeous, just as it is!

Just some thoughts from the other side of the makeup brush. :)

Well some of us have rosacea and need to keep flare ups down as we get red and blotchy BAD!!! The bare minerals calms the face and isn't like liquid cake type make up. Our natural beauty is still there... it just keeps flare ups down and is actually BETTER for our skin than no make up at all.
I am all for the natural look. I hate caked on make up. Thats what is so great about bare minerals...

I also love the prime time!

Lol. I can't go anywhere without make-up. Even if it's a theme park. Idk, it just doesn't look right since i'm used to wearing some. Im going in June and I know it will sweat off, but then you can always go to a bathroom and wipe it off to look better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter