Wearing a dress to Disneyland?

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
Anyone wear a dress to Disneyland? How did it go? Wanting to feel a little extra pretty on my honeymoon, and thought a dress would be nice, but not if it's going to impede my rides too much!

My girls and I have worn skirts there several times. We always wear either spandex shorts or leggings underneath (depending on the weather). It's super cute and comfy! :thumbsup2

I have worn one to WDW!! It didn't hinder me at all on rides. My DD's have worn dresses to the parks several times as well. I say go for it!

I definitely have. Just wear some sort of modesty-protecting shorts under and you're good to go!

Just be sure to wear shorts/leggings underneath. And not too short when you're going on Splash because you have to straddle the seat.

Yep, I wore bike shorts under. It was very comfortable, but I wore a light-weight cotton dress. Very summery.

I do not own shorts and only one pair of slacks , all I ever wear is dresses. Each time I visit the park it is in a dress, I find they are comfy and easy to pack. I wear spanx under mine just in case :-)

I love wearing a dress to the parks! It is so nice in the summer when it gets so hot, much better than heavy denim jeans or shorts.

I don't wear anything but regular undies under mine, but I've never worn one shorter than knee length, and usually more like mid-calf, so it hasn't been an issue. If you are going shorter than slightly above the knee, I would for sure wear some leggings or something, just because you do have to climb in and out of several rides, etc. And yes, you have to watch out on Splash, you don't want to turn it into "Flash Mountain!"

If you want to ride Silly Symphony Swings, that MIGHT be tricky in a skirt (I've never bothered trying it, though some folks here have done it with no problems). I feel like Jumping Jellyfish might be a problem, but I haven't even looked closely at that, let alone tried it.

If needed, I believe you are allowed to ride sidesaddle on the carousels if you're an adult--at least, I did it in DCA on my last trip. Though a long, flowy-enough skirt should allow you to straddle the horse (I've done that twice...I was just feeling fancy this last trip :rotfl: ).

Those are the only things I've even imagined any problem with (calf-length skirts). Have a great trip!

Jumping Jellyfish wasn't fun in a skirt, but then again it wasn't much fun anyway! I like TOT, but JJ seemed to go so much higher, LOL. And there's that bump on the seat as well.

Agree with the other posters. I almost always wear a skirt or dress to the parks. Short or long, I usually have leggings underneath. I've heard of women who keep bike shorts in the car just for last minute trips to DLR. That way they can ride whatever they choose without worrying about being in a dress or skirt (especially if they weren't planning on stopping at the parks).

I'm another one who wears leggings or tights or something along those lines under dresses and skirts, not only because I always seem to get caught in windstorms (not at DLR but in the real world) but because my legs rub when I walk and it doesn't take long for that sweaty friction to cause a painful rash that makes walking a nightmare!

I love Athleta's "Whatever Skort" for wearing to the parks. They are cute, light weight, don't wrinkle, and water beads up on it (although it will get soaked with lots of water). The shorts underneath are comfortable and I find they also help prevent chafing. I own 6 of them now in a variety of colors, and they are easily my favorite travel clothes. The "Whenever Skort" looks cute, too, but I don't own one (yet! ;)). I first discovered them when I was looking for something to wear when my son was a toddler that would help me feel a little more pulled together than shorts and a tshirt, but still let me chase him around the playground without worrying about flashing the rest of the park.

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=93758&vid=1&pid=683764102

I live in my target knit (jersey) wrap dresses at disneyland in the summer months. Call me scandalous woman, but I have never worn shorts underneath and never had a problem. Panties, yes, but never bike shorts. I don't own a pair of bike shorts! As long as you tuck right, there is no issue with flashing as long as your skirt is long enough.

So, black faux wrap dress, undergarmets, flip flops and straw hat is my outfit of choice June-July-August.

You can wear whatever you want. I personally don't but I didn't go on my honeymoon either. I have seen girls in fancy dresses and super high heels that make me laugh every time. It is just like going anywhere else, people wear everything. As far as shorts underneath, if you are the type that need to wear shorts underneath then I wouldn't recommend the dress...I just stick to pants and shorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter