We won't be cancelling the repo now!

epjenk

Cruising with my boys!
We are on Westbound, and I booked our hotel (Radisson), rental car (budget) and our tickets (Southwest). Southwest has great rates right now so I wanted to get them before they sold out. Now I just have to find transport in L.A. and we are done! When I originally booked this, it was under the theory that it would sell out quickly (yep!) and we could always cancel later. Now that we are in $1200 on airfare we will be going. Now, how do I make the time fly till then???

We're on the bandwagon too. I've spent the last nine months saying we have a reservation for the Western Repo, but we would most likely cancel before final payment comes due. But the combination of a cancelled 7 day cruise in September and a few other unexpected changes means that we are going too!!!

We're on the Eastbound. I cannot wait to get information about this cruise. First the port excursions and then first had reports from all you Westbound cruisers.

We're making payments as we go to avoid a lump sum at the end. We also plan to slowly buy some onboard credit to help cover tours, drinks (we don't drink much but 14 days can add up) etc.

Jess

Ps...congrats on making it happen. This is going to be a fantastic cruise.

What do you mean by "buying on board credits"? I am also on the east bound and making monthly installments on the cruise. We are not rich, so we are trying to save money where ever we can. Can you pay ahead for expenses on the boat? I also thought about cancelling the cruise but I just booked airfare from Orlando home to California. So I guess we will be there too!

yep...you can buy onboard credit in increments of $25. Basically, you are prepaying any expenses you charge while onboard (tours, drinks, bingo, souvenier, tips, floats at Castaway Cay etc).

There aren't a lot of necessary extra charges on a Disney cruise. But, even being thrifty, a family of 5 on a 14 day cruise will spend a little money. DH and I aren't drinkers but I know we'll have a welcome aboard drink, a drink on Castaway Cay and probably 2 or 3 more at some point over 2 weeks. I also know we'll get floating mats for Castaway Cay and we'll probably do at least one tour and as many as 3. Oh...and I'll get a picture package frome Shutters.

We love having most of our trip paid for before we go.

Jess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter