We will have a car - any non-Disney dining close by that you can recommend?

We've been to many In-N-Out locations (several by our house, too) and, hands down, the one by DLR has the friendliest staff ever (and pretty much every In-N-Out has friendly staff). We enjoy going there just because of the cheerful, energetic vibe.

To the OP: is there a particular kind of food that you are seeking? Any budget or dietary restrictions?Since you will have a car, you might want to try:
The Original Pancake House on Lincoln -- total fave!
Little Saigon in Westminster -- many good Vietnamese restaurants
There is a Korea town in Garden Grove -- it's small, but has some good restaurants
Jaegerhaus on Ball has good German food
Little Gaza near Ball and Euclid has good Middle Eastern food

Check Yelp to see what interests you in the Anaheim area. The photos can be very helpful.

Definitely the Korean food in Garden Grove and the Vietnamese food in Westminster are some of the things I miss most about living in Southern California. The Asian food is particularly good in Southern California, even better than the Bay Area IMO, and I think is the strength of the cuisine in that particular area. I never found many American restaurants that I fell in love when I lived down there, it's mainly the Asian restaurants I think about now that I live up North.
- Lee's Sandwiches is a good introduction to Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches, a bit easier to order there than the random Vietnamese Grocery stores we used to go to for $1.25 Banh Mi.
- BCD Tofu House in Garden Grove is sort of the McDonald's of Korean Tofu soup; there are better places but it's open until like 3 AM in the morning, it's quick, and it's good. My favorite place was in Irvine, I'm blanking on the name right now though.
- All the Korean BBQ places on Garden Grove Blvd are pretty good. I used to go to Shik Do Rak a lot, but they're all good.
- Shin-sen-gumi in Fountain Valley was the first real ramen place I went to which made me realize there's so much more to ramen than the stuff you eat in college. It's sort of far though.

I always through out Zankou Chicken on these types of threads as well. No one has seemed interested as of yet, but who knows, might as well throw it out there again. Some of the best chicken swarmas, it's a SoCal institution. They only used to be in LA when I lived in Orange County, but looks like they have one in Anaheim now.

Having grown up in NorCal, but living in Texas for the last 20 years, the three places I miss the most and I hope to get to at least once while I am there are Sizzler, In N Out, and Bobs Big Boy.

- Lee's Sandwiches is a good introduction to Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches, a bit easier to order there than the random Vietnamese Grocery stores we used to go to for $1.25 Banh Mi.
You know, I was going to recommend Lee's with Sonic, like get a drink and a Lee's sandwich... but I just can't after the massive meat recall last year.

There's a Banh Mi Che Cali 2 doors down from Lee's in Fullerton that I like almost as much (their chicken sandwich is cold chicken, not as big of a fan) and there's a place called OC Poultry and Rotisserie Market that I like as well. There's supposedly a decent banh mi in the Anaheim Packing District food court, but I haven't tried that yet.

I see a lot of recommendations for chain restaurants.

If you really have some time and are looking for something local, we had a good time at Tommy's Sushi in Tustin.

Everyone has listed some great options. Anaheim Packing House has interesting food shops but can be REALLY crowded on the weekends. Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner is about 20 minutes away but a staple at Knott's Berry Farm. Fire + Ice at the Garden Walk is near by and great for foodies. It's a little pricey but it's all you can eat and they make the food fresh in front of you plus on the patio they have a DJ. There are a lot of chains in that area... so maybe try yelp and see what comes up! EnjoY!

My wife and I did Mama Cozza's a few years ago on our last DL trip! A definite recommendation. And pretty easy to get to! We're debating on another visit for our upcoming October trip or finding another DDD location nearby.

Napa Rose appeared on DDD by the way but we're looking off property! Sabroso! Mexacan Grill shows up on a search and we're considering a trip.

Last edited:
Thanks SO MUCH everyone!!! I've written all your suggestions down and am bringing it with me!

We've been to many In-N-Out locations (several by our house, too) and, hands down, the one by DLR has the friendliest staff ever (and pretty much every In-N-Out has friendly staff). We enjoy going there just because of the cheerful, energetic vibe.

To the OP: is there a particular kind of food that you are seeking? Any budget or dietary restrictions?Since you will have a car, you might want to try:
The Original Pancake House on Lincoln -- total fave!
Little Saigon in Westminster -- many good Vietnamese restaurants
There is a Korea town in Garden Grove -- it's small, but has some good restaurants
Jaegerhaus on Ball has good German food
Little Gaza near Ball and Euclid has good Middle Eastern food

Check Yelp to see what interests you in the Anaheim area. The photos can be very helpful.

Nothing in particular, we just have a day on the front and on the end of our trip where we would like something local and yummy! :)

We had a good experience at Sol Cocina outside of Newport Beach. We had brunch there on Father's Day during our trip (after whale watching, which was awesome), and it is LOUD in there, but the food is good and surprisingly inexpensive for the location and atmosphere.

In N out
Roman Cucina Italian food in Fullerton sit down and awesome
The Cellar really fancy restaurant that serves French food but themed by the old imagineers
Pita Hot Mediterranean food in Fullerton
Curry Hut in Fullerton
Raisin Canes best Chicken strips aka fingers ever in Orange

All of these 15 minutes away from Disneyland without traffic

Another vote for The Old Spaghetti Factory. We typically go to the one in Fullerton (110 E Santa Fe Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832). I love going there.

I also like the Pizza Press (1534 S. Harbor Blvd.Anaheim, CA 92802) which was also previously mentioned. It within walking distance from Disneyland. We recently tried it for the first time and the hot, fresh, custom pizzas were delicious! Yum! The left overs were just as good. :)

And, there is also a Panera Bread (1480 S Harbor Blvd) which is also within walking distance of Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter