• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We will be able to see "all" of MK with this schedule?

Baloo76

DISboards lurker
To celebrate my MiL's 60th, we are heading down to Orlando the Saturday after Tgiving with my wife's family to stay at my in-laws' timeshare for a week.

There will be 8 adults, 2 kids (7 and 5), and 3 kids under 2

We are just focussing on MK and will only be in the parks a few days. However since I'm the only disney 'expert' I'm coordinating everything based on what everyone wants.

They have given me a few musts @ Disney (besides the rides):
Chef Mickey's (which I got)
CRT (I was able to get 3 ADR's for 4 people each at 10am for Monday; hoping they can sit us together or at least close by, but I let everyone know it may not be possible)
MVMCP
Parades/Fireworks

Because they all want to eat at CRT table together we pretty much need to go to MK on Monday (rather than Wed). However it's also EMH mornings that day; so rather than be able to get there at rope drop and get a bunch of rides in before needing to use FP+, we are getting there after resort guests are already there. Then we only get about 45 mins (9ish-9:45) before we need to go to breakfast. Essentially, by the time we are done breakfast the park will be pretty crowded.

Based on going to MK on monday (I will be suggesting a mid-day rest as well), we would do MVMCP Tuesday and then "full day" MK on thursday. I am however hoping to leave MK mid-day on Thursday however and hop over to DHS to see a few shows and the osborne lights.

Sunday and Friday will be non-park days - chef mickey's, pool, DTD, check out xmas decorations at hotels, etc.
Wed will be Universal

Do you think we'll be able to make up for the large crowds and late start on our Monday park day to still see most of the attractions at MK?

Thanks!

i think at MVMCP you'll be able to see alot of attractions and get on rides more than any other day as previous posts have indicated that a good amount of rides are pretty much walk ons or minimal waits.

You will be rushed, which changes the experience a great deal, but yes, you can.

Y need an ADR for the kids even if they are infants...did I misread or are you missing some seats for CRT?

Remember you can get in at 4 on your party day so 4-7 you could get a bunch done before the party start.

Also Monday for CRT get there by 830 you will probably be allowed in before 9 and go to areas of the park that aren't open for EMH (I think only fantasyland and tomorrowland are open). So I would do jungle cruise, Pirates etc. Then get your FP for mid day after breakfast.

Then party day do what you can and Thursday pick up the rest remember you can get FP for the party day too only from 4-7.

I think it's totally do able.

The 3 little kids will be 2, 18 mos and 6 mos. They are all free, but the 2yr and 18mos old will be at high chairs at the table so I needed to include them in the ADR to make sure there was room. The 6 month old we can hang on to.

We don't have APs so the price of adding a hopper is definitely a concern. I just really think everyone would love to see the osborne lights, and I figured if we were paying the money to 'hop', we mind as well do it mid-day so we can see some other attractions while we're there.

The 3 little kids will be 2, 18 mos and 6 mos. They are all free, but the 2yr and 18mos old will be at high chairs at the table so I needed to include them in the ADR to make sure there was room. The 6 month old we can hang on to..

you MUST include EVERY person.
it does not matter that the youngest is 6mos old and you can hang on to him/her.
for fire code they need to know exactly how many human beings will be in the restaurant.
so you do have a problem.

The 3 little kids will be 2, 18 mos and 6 mos. They are all free, but the 2yr and 18mos old will be at high chairs at the table so I needed to include them in the ADR to make sure there was room. The 6 month old we can hang on to.

We don't have APs so the price of adding a hopper is definitely a concern. I just really think everyone would love to see the osborne lights, and I figured if we were paying the money to 'hop', we mind as well do it mid-day so we can see some other attractions while we're there.

As @disney world dreamer said you still need to count the 6 month old. I think it's more of a fire safety thing then anything else.... They may let you add one to one of the reservations when you get there but I wouldn't count on it.

whether you can get "all" of MK done or not depends on what your definition of "all" is.
what are ALL the attractions that you want to do at MK?

since you are staying offsite taking mid day breaks may not be very practical as it may take a great deal of time just to get out of MK, to your cars, and to the hotel and then the same with the way back.

also i don't think its very practical to leave MK to hop to HS and then hop back to MK (thats what it sounds like you want to do. correct me if i'm wrong?)
i'd go to one of the parks until you're done with it that day and then head to the other park.

if you want to see the osborne family lights you're gonna want to head to HS in the late afternoon and stay for the evening because they don't turn on until 6pm or 6:30pm.

as for time at MK during the MVMCP you'll have from 4pm-7pm during regular park hours and then 7pm-12am during the party hours.
the first time i went to MVMCP we did a lot of the party attractions like the parade, fireworks, stage show, character dance parties...
but then near the end of the event we realized just how short the lines were for regular attractions that we decided next time we would focus more on getting on rides.
so the second time we went to MVMCP we did just that. we grabbed our hot chocolate and cookies and went on rides.
we stopped into the dance party at cosmic ray's for a few minutes but didn't stay as long as the first time. we also stopped to listen to the pirates sing christmas songs but again we focused on rides for the most part and we did get in a number of rides during the party.

its difficult to say how much you will get done at MK with what really only amounts to 3 half days between eating, taking breaks, and hopping to HS.

Last edited:
We mostly want to make sure the fantasyland rides (and similar type rides) are covered...then go from there. My niece and nephew won't want to go on BTMRR, SM, Splash, etc...so they will be 'nice to do' for the rest of us but not musts. We can also avoid some of the meet & greets since we'll have done CRT and Chef Mickey's.
Our 'rest' on monday will probably be in the park (not back to our hotel), but I'm assuming the kids will need some downtime from attraction to attraction or even take a quick hour nap if want them awake for wishes and MSEP. If we decide to park hop to DHS, it would be after we are done for the day at MK. We would not be trying to hop back to MK after DHS.
I didn't realize we would need an ADR for our 6 month old as we didn't plan for him to need any 'space' at the table. I doubt at this point we can add him on since the ADRs were already very hard to get so I just have to hope for the best.

Some random thoughts:
(1) That will be a nice, non-busy time. You should be able to get a lot done.
(2) I wouldn't do hoppers just for one day. The expense just gets me every time. I understand, though, because Osborne Lights are really amazing, and for us, there's so little to do in DHS (to fill up a whole day). So I get it, but it would be hard for me to justify that expense. I would lean toward spending a whole day at DHS.
(3) Could you move CRT to lunch or dinner? You could get so much more accomplished in the morning.
(4) I don't know where your timeshare is, but we stay offsite and have no trouble taking mid-day breaks. :thumbsup2
(5) You may know more about this than I do, but my impression is that there's not much for little ones at Universal. I don't have a truly little one anymore (she's 13), but I have friends who traveled with a kindergartner, and they went on an on about how few things Universal had for little ones. If the kids aren't going to want to go on BTMRR, I really don't think you'll find much for them at Uni.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I spoke to my MiL and she said she'd like everyone to have breakfast together at CRT so Monday it is. Unfortunately we cannot move this as we weren't able to find an ADR for more than 2 for any meal for any day we are going to MK (there were several of us trying every day at 6am). Being offsite and not having those days beyond 180 days didn't help of course.

Hopefully we can get a couple rides in at 9am on Monday before CRT, then use FP+ for afterwards. I agree that if we take advantage of the lower waits during MVMCP as well as FP+ we can hopefully see everything we want. I also agree that the hopper option is way overpriced to just use it once, but for this trip I'm just coordinating what everyone wants to do. Since I'm going with my wife and kids next october, i'm treating this like a 'bonus'. I'll spend the money to hop if that is what everyone else wants to do. (hey, we are getting our room for free! lol).

I'm also thinking of getting an AP since i'll be getting a 2 day ticket this trip and a 7 or 8 day ticket next october. between my tickets and parking I should already break even. Then I can get the TAbles in Wonderland card and save money on Chef Mickey and CRT for this trip alone.

Oh and the Universal day is only for a few of us. It's possible we may split up and some may go to Sea World or just relax at the resort. I def want to see HP (at least part of it), Simpsons and Transformers.

also depends on what "everything" is do each person. I rarely do any shows of any kind and no character greets. I just go walk around enjoying the atmosphere and go on the rides I like and leave. But if you are one to do a lot of shows and like to meet characters it might be a little tight but I think doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter